Nothing new in the pipeline. Time to plan out.

Scribe

So!

World Eaters are my soul. Any, and I mean ANY, time I get into playing 40K again I am slowly dragged back into Khorne's embrace.

It has been a very long time since I have played the game much (like we are talking 1 or 2 games in 8th, most of 7th skipped...but a ton of 6th played and 5th was the heyday...) so I'm looking for some help.

What we know!

Codex's remain valid.

Heavy Bolters are 2 Damage

MEQ is going 2 Wounds.

Ok...thats all I know lol.

I've always, since 3.5, been partial to Rhino/Pred spam. I want to do it again, but with the ever increasing prices, its going to kick my wallet a bit so before I dive in, is this a terrible plan? If so, please guide me.

Battalion Detachment (1500 pts)

HQ

Dark Apostle (Warlord, Disciples, Arch Slaughterer, Helm of Furore, Wrathful Entreaty)

Khârn

Exalted Champ (Fist)

Troops

10 Cultists

9 CSM - Champ w/Fist, Chainswords, 1 Plasma Pistol. (Dark Apostle)

8 Berzerkers - Champ w/Fist, Chain Axes. (Khârn and Exalted Champ

Heavy

Predator - Twin Lascannon

Havocs (Teeth of Khorne, I cant move off these...) - 2 x Heavy Bolter, 2 x Missile Launcher, Champ w/Plasma Gun

Dedicated Transport

Rhino x 2

Super Heavy Auxiliary

Knight Desecrator

-------------------------------------

Really the idea is just make sure things are available for charging, and then charge them. 

Workable? Laughable? Knight not worth it?

Let me know, I'm moving in a week, and at that point begins the build process. :D

I don't think the CSM are worth including if you intend to use them in that role. Might as well just take more Berzerkers.

Goonhammer did an example World Eaters list that has some similarities with yours, could be worth a look:

World Eaters

Next on our list of stops are the roided-up madmen of the Chaos legions: The World Eaters. The World Eaters have a few things going for them in this new edition. First and most importantly, they can take Berzerkers as Troops, giving them a much better option than Cultists and Chaos Space Marines. Berzerkers also bring some extra utility to the table in that while multi-charging is going to be less likely to happen thanks to new rules, the ability to fight twice helps ensure that even a small number of berzerkers can do significant damage and gives them the ability to move around enemy units and truly trap them.

World Eaters Battalion Detachment (-3 CP, 1,994 Points)

HQ: Chaos Lord w/Relic: Berserker Glaive, Chainsword (85)
HQ: Dark Apostle w/Disciples (90), Prayer: Illusory Supplication
HQ: Chaos Lord in Terminator Armor w/Combi-melta, Relic: Gorefather (106), WARLORD: Violent Urgency

Troops: Troops Berserkers x10 w/Chainaxe + Chainsword, Icon (190)

Elites: Terminators x10 w/Combi-melta, Chainaxe, Icon of Wraith (350), Red Butchers (-2 CP)
Elites: Helbrute w/Scourge + Fist (118)

Flyer: Heldrake w/Baleflamer (150)

DT: Terrax-Pattern Termite Assault Drill (136)
DT: Rhino w/Combi-bolter (78)
DT: Rhino w/Combi-bolter (78)

This list goes hard on the melee capabilities of World Eaters because that’s the whole point. You’re using Combi-melta Terminators and Berzerker-filled Rhinos for board control at mid-table and Helbrutes and a Drill filled with Berzerkers for removing enemies from objectives. The Helbrutes are real blenders, each having 10 attacks on the charge, and the Dark Apostle can help them and the Rhinos stay alive through your early turns with Illusory Supplication. If you want to deep strike the Terminators, that’s an option too and the Terminator Lord’s Violent Urgency trait will give you the best chance to close the gap on a post-teleport charge (about 66% with your icon re-roll), though it’s not so large a chance that I’d bank the game on it. This list is probably going to struggle a bit with T8 targets, and will probably need tweaking and refinement once it’s been tried out a few times.

I'm biased as a Terminator lover but would personally try to fit some Red Butchers in. They're just so insanely cool + powerful. 3 wound Terminators are no joke. Your list is certainly not terrible though!

Edited by Marshal Loss

Looks like a fun list.

You probably need more boots on the ground though, especially in this edition. I'd say drop the Chaos Knight for more Zerkers in Rhinos and/or Red Butcher Chaos Terminators.

Also, how do you plan on using your Dark Apostle? Since most people want them on foot to use their powers it means they are often left behind as your assault infantry races up the board. And if you put the Dark Apostle in a Rhino it means they can't use their powers til Turn 3. But he's fun and fluffy so you might be cool with waiting til Turn 3.

Consider dropping 1 Chaos Marine so your squad size matches Khorne's holy number. And consider adding 6 Cultists to your Cultist Squad for the same reason. My philosophy is that it is better to lose a game with a fluffy list than to win a game with an unfluffy list. :)

Kill, maim, burn!

Sticking at 1500, I can drop the Knight, do an 8 Strong Red Butchers squad, build a Terminator lord for them, and swap the Cultists for another CSM + Rhino squad.

Would be more wounds, more bodies, and should keep me occupied until I can increase points and GW gives us new Berzerkers. :D

What I’m currently working on for 2000 pts.

HQ: Terminator Lord, warlord, Violent Urgency, combibolter, Bezerker Glaive.

Kharne

Troops: x2 Bezerker squads. 6 with chain axe/ chainsword, 2 with plasma pistol/ chain axe, champions with power fist/ combiflamer or melta.

X1 Bezerker squad. 6 with chainsword/ bolt pistol, 2 with plasma pistol/ chainsword, Champion with powerfist/ bolt pistol.

Elites: Helbrute with twin lascannon, scourge

Helbrute with powerfist, heavy flamer, scourge.

Terminators. X8 with chain axe/ combibolter, Champion with chainfist/ combibolter. Red Butchers.

Heavy: Defiler, autocannon, scourge, combi flamer

Mauler fiend lasher tendrils

Venom Crawler.

Dedicated Transports: x3 rhinos with havoc launchers, combibolter.

Half painted. Working to get the rest done so when we my friends and I can play again.

One thing to consider with Red Butchers, or terminators in general, is that with the smaller board size its harder to find a good spot to deepstrike them in, especially if you are running a large unit of them. I found that out the hard way last weekend trying to drop in 10x red butchers plus a lord with the +1 to charge WL trait. Of course I was playing Tau so they have a much easier time with board control than most armies due to all those stupid drones.

I'm thinking it may be better to limit them to units of 5, although this is an inefficient use of the Red Butchers stratagem. Need to get some more games in to figure it out.

With smaller board, I’m seriously thinking of deploying them at the start. Deploy aggressively and if you get first turn you could use Apocalyptic Frenzy and move them 9” closer. Only flaw with this would be lack of aura support as they would be the crashing first wave, but one that the opponent needs to take care of fast as every other unit is moving in for the kill.

I’m also thinking of dropping one rhino and pick up a Warpsmith, I certainly have enough vehicles where he’ll be of worth. Modeled with a combi melta, he’s a nice surprise when my line meets the enemy and he’s firing 2 melta shots at 2+.

Edited by MadEdric