Xenophon's Φιλόσοφοι

Xenophon40k

Greetings, brothers!

I've been a silent reader for some time (from another account), but since I'm going to post my 40k novel in the fan-fiction section next week, want to show, that I'm one of you)

I used to play years ago, then there was a break when I just looked after new releases, last year I painted an AoS Khorne army and then the everlasting love to 40k grabbed me. Can't say I have a trouble with the Primaris and liked it for real when took one in the hand, tall and proud. And sons of Sanguinius they must have been, for they are the best. But I didn't want paint it all red, so came up with my own succesor chapter.
Φιλόσοφοι - sounds too posh, I guess?) Seekers/Protectors of Wisdom could be better. The idea is old and dreamy - an army of lethal warriors who also understand Culture. A chapter, which trying to save and preserve mankind's legacy among undending war - a lot of dramatic and tragic stories there are for background: burning libraries, despite their efforts; tough choices between saving thousands of refugees or some precious acrhive of dying world and so on. Marines who knew the difference between Sophocles and Euripides and still kick anyone and anything in the teeth for the Emperor.

Cap, that was first miniature from the DI set when I was pleased with the color. Alas, all troops had been gone by that time.

Two squads of Intercessors 

I like the way I painted dreadnout (though, I got tired of its size) and don't like at all the Librarian, which is shame cause I love the sculpt. 

Hellblasters, please ignore the "white" guys)

Two squads of reivers

Ancient

And, of course, Death Company, need another DC set to finish this ten.

I'm looking for the Bladeguards set, those guys will accompany Mephiston and hope for the new Sanguinary Guard from GW, otherwise I'll just paint Cusotdes and call them angels)
That's it.

A bold colour scheme. I like the Reivers and first squad of Intercessors especially - they show a nice mixture of red and blue and hence from first glance look different from Ultramarines.
Also nice addition of the Sisters' Simulacrum with cherub to the Redemptor dread - very 40k-ish :thumbsup:

These look good! How long did it take you to paint all of them?

Thank you! I paint 2-3 guys at a time. Usually it take around 6-7 hours to finish a bunch. 

The Death Company look great brother. Like black armour covered in the blood of the Emperor's enemies.

Thank you! I like the way you saw it. My idea was simply "vine", like bacchantes, only in our case the vine represents the blood of Sanguinius.

A bold colour scheme. I like the Reivers and first squad of Intercessors especially - they show a nice mixture of red and blue and hence from first glance look different from Ultramarines.

Also nice addition of the Sisters' Simulacrum with cherub to the Redemptor dread - very 40k-ish :thumbsup:

Thank you too! To tell the truth the cherub is not properly glued yet, the little thing fell off and need hacksaw, but that his place alright) Agree about 40k-ish - all those decor and rituals - one more reason why I chose BA.

Φιλόσοφοι - sounds too posh, I guess?.....

This is a very cool successor Chapter...but...

Truth be told....i don't think anyone who cant read that (Greek?) script will be able to answer this! 

Can you write out the phonetics/roman script too so more of us can  enjoy your journey! 

Edited by Morticon

Φιλόσοφοι - sounds too posh, I guess?.....

This is a very cool successor Chapter...but...

Truth be told....i don't think anyone who cant read that (Greek?) script will be able to answer this! 

Can you write out the phonetics/roman script too so more of us can  enjoy your journey! 

Oh, I should made it more clearer indeed, sorry. Right, it is in Greek and means "Philosophers", reads somethig like "Philosokoi" I believe.