Looking for input for friend

Emurian

Greetings brothers, I am looking for input for a friend that is showing interest in Custodes.

Background info: I ressurected my old Warhammer group from 17 years ago. We are mainly used playing 3rd, 4th and a bit of 5th. Group has 2 people with armies that are ready atm. (Tau and Ultramarines). We have the following armies incoming: (Chaos Daemons, Slaanesh CSM, Necrons)

Group can be competitive and casual though overal our goal is to have balanced matches rather then rock paper scissors. As long as the matchup is in the 40/60 - 50/50 area we dont care if the list is either casual of competitive.

I have another player that wants to return that used to play mostly Grey knights, followed by Imperial Guard. I hope I dont insult people here but in my head the leap from Grey Knights to Custodes didn't seem that big. An important thing to note is that this guy won't touch a brush in his life so having an army with low model count helps with commission price or my own sanity if I offer to do it for him.

He looked a bit around yesterday on the internet and he came with the following list: He played 1 9th edition battle with my Ultramarines to get an idea how much changed with the objective based game and stratagems.

List:
Trajann 190 Shield
Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike + Interceptor Spear + Hurricane Bolter = 175 (Relic: Auric Aquilas)
(Warlord Trait: Superior Creation)
Totaal 365

Troops
Custodes Guard - 2x Guardian spear (49) + 1xSentinel Blade en Stormshield (56) = 154
Custodes Guard - 2x Guardian spear (49) + 1xSentinel Blade en Stormshield (56) = 154
Totaal 770

Elite
Allarus Custodians - 5x - Ballistus Grenade Launcher, Castellan Axe = 350
Vexillus Praetor - Guardian Spear, Vexilla Magnifica = 120

Heavy Support
Telemon Heavy Dreadnought - 2x Arachnus Storm Cannon, Spicilus Bolt Launcher = 290

No Slot

Vindicare Assassin - 100

I Would like to know if the above is a good base, or if he needs to vary more with his unit selections. Money is no issue overall, so you can suggest Forgeworld stuff np np.

That's a pretty good start to a list IMO. The only thing I'd do with it is combine 2 of the Guard squads into 1 bigger one to help protect your characters. Since the guardian squads will be splitting up to grab objectives, your characters could be left pretty open if they only have 1 or 2 squads guarding them.