Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"MiniWar bits" webstore

shop advice bits shipping

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

MetalMammoth

MetalMammoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 266 posts

Is anyone familiar with canadian webshop "MiniWar Bits" ?

The site looks decently made, and they had most of the items I was looking for, so I have ordered a bunch of bitz from them on the 07th of Aug.

Paid immediately via PayPal.

On the 08th, they've confirmed my order and recognized payment was made.

On the 10th, they've simultaneously sent two messages; One, that they had to refund me an item because it wasn't in stock - okay, wasn't important anyway, and two, everything else in my order remains on the list to be shipped, and is indeed paid for.

On the 11th, the last message I received said "A shipment from order #xxxx is on the way" , then followed with "The last items in your order are on their way. Track your shipment to see the delivery status", while my their site shows my order as "payment status: partially refunded" and "fulfillment status: fulfilled"

-Now this feels a bit ambiguous; Do they not have yet more of the pieces and they are on their way to them? Did they put every last item I asked for in the mail, and it's on it's way to me?

Worse, though I paid for tracked delivery, no tracking link nor tracking number was provided, so I'm left wondering if my order was shipped or not?

Now, the Canada-Central Europe route is about as long as it can get while remaining on the globe and not circling back around, so I was prepared to wait a generous amount, but now, two weeks later, still no delivery, no further messages, no tracking link, no tracking number, and all my e-mails went unanswered.

I wonder if I was scammed, if the staff went on a vacation, some kind of disaster struck, if some perfectly harmless goofing is in the background, or if my loot will arrive next week, or the other.

I contemplate filing a cancel request while contacting paypal to force a refund from their end, but I really want those bits and don't want to spend a couple times more on collecting the same stuff piece by piece from single item e-bay orders.

Is anyone familiar with said store and their habits, so I might better know what to expect?

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,663 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors
Bro, its easier to just use ebay for bits honesty. I have never had issues, even from the more sketchy vendors on there.
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

MetalMammoth

MetalMammoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 266 posts

True, all of my e-bay purchases delivered well within 2 weeks as of yet.

But I had a rather long list and it would not have been economical to pay international shipping on every separate handful that I could collect from one seller. For example, no one seemed to have more than 1 eviscerator when I was looking. That'd be 1 GBP on the sword and 5-10 on postage each.

Firedrake Cordova

Firedrake Cordova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,362 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders

I've never even heard of the seller you're talking about, but ... the text of their e-mail makes sense to me - you've paid in full for it, but they've had to partially refund your payment due to an item not being in stock, and they've sent everything that they're going to (i.e. everything but the refunded item).  Looking at them, MiniWar Bits are using Shopify, and the one other seller I've used who uses Shopify has the same "a shipment from your order is on its' way" when the whole order has been sent.

Not having a tracking number is annoying - have you tried contacting them?  On the plus side, I've ordered stuff from the US (Texas), which was sent by USPS, and took nearly a month to reach the UK - this was pre-COVID, and not an isolated occurrence (and was not GW-related smile.png).

Edited by Firedrake Cordova, 26 August 2020 - 07:21 AM.

• MetalMammoth likes this

Imren

Imren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 705 posts
  • Faction: Legio XX

Two weeks i not abnormal in terms of shipping time across the atlantic these days. I had a similar issue with a package that took a month to ship although I had a tracking number and could follow the path along.

• Firedrake Cordova and MetalMammoth like this

Azekai

Azekai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,042 posts
  • Faction: Warp Locusts, Traitor Guard

Bro, its easier to just use ebay for bits honesty. I have never had issues, even from the more sketchy vendors on there.

The ebay bits market is kinda rough at the moment. Poor selection across the board, with high prices to boot.
  • sockwithaticket, Silas7 and MetalMammoth like this

Corruption is our armor. Infection is our weapon. Immortality is our reward.

gallery_48988_13169_3872.pngETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_LATD.jCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01e.jpggallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pnggallery_63428_7083_8312.png3DrnTQ5.png

MetalMammoth

MetalMammoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 266 posts
Yyyep. If anything I'd be surprised if it'd already got here, it's the not knowing part that bugs me. This morning I found another e-mail address belonging to them, and wrote my third letter of inquiry there. I've got no response on the previous two. This one remains to be seen. Day's pretty young still on the other side of the globe.

Firedrake Cordova

Firedrake Cordova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,362 posts

it's the not knowing part that bugs me.

Indeed - that bit is never fun. :(  Hopefully it turns up soon! :)

• MetalMammoth likes this

MetalMammoth

MetalMammoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 266 posts

Would you look at that!

My stuff arrived, complete and undamaged. Disregarding the missing tracking link, two weeks delivery time from the other side of the globe for a mere 11 CAD is damn respectable.

Last e-bay purchases, and something from a nearby store will also drop soon, and finally I'll have all the models I wanted to finish this project!

• Firedrake Cordova and Imren like this

Firedrake Cordova

Firedrake Cordova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,362 posts

So, the moral of the story ... if you want your stuff delivered quicker, post on a forum about it, and it'll arrive within the day? :D :lol:

Seriously though, good it all turned up! :)

• Imren, Verux and MetalMammoth like this

tentagil

tentagil

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 37 posts

I've ordered from a few European sellers lately for hobby supplies and third party bits. What would have taken two weeks back in January is now taking three to four.

• Firedrake Cordova likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shop, advice, bits, shipping

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users