Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Starting Sisters of Battle? (like me?) ask questions here!

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,702 posts

They're looking good!

• 9x19 Parabellum likes this

As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
gallery_29004_6198_5619.pngUUPlRKI.pnggallery_48988_15465_7428.pnggallery_48988_15465_9161.png

Dread

Dread

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,236 posts
  • Faction: Craftworld Nebula
They're beautiful! Very nice to look at. It's hard to do white and you've done it superbly.
gallery-48988-15465-6059.jpggallery-48988-16308-20607.png

I have come to kick ass and chew bubble gum! And I'm fresh outta bubble gum.

I like the way they pop.

ORDER OF THE CERULEAN SHROUD (SISTERS), NECRONS (ILLUMINOR'S MINIONS)
FROSEN STARS (HARLEQUINS), SAIM-HANN (CRAFTWORLD), DARK ELDAR
NIGHTLORDS,

9x19 Parabellum

9x19 Parabellum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,177 posts

Ok so can anyone talk to me about how to efficiently use Seraphim?  It seems like a really poorly designed unit.  It's a deepstriking unit that can't use its special guns unless it spends a command point.  Do you guys generally keep it in deepstrike or start it off on the table and run it up to shoot stuff or use it as a counterpunch unit?

The poster previously known as Rocmistro
No, it's not a bolter caliber! 9x19, dedicated Blood Angels and Raven Guard aficionado.

gallery_95196_13406_23821.jpg gallery_95196_14997_633.jpgsml_gallery_48988_16086_9324.png

TheFinisher4Ever

TheFinisher4Ever

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 530 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights

Ok so can anyone talk to me about how to efficiently use Seraphim? It seems like a really poorly designed unit. It's a deepstriking unit that can't use its special guns unless it spends a command point. Do you guys generally keep it in deepstrike or start it off on the table and run it up to shoot stuff or use it as a counterpunch unit?

Definitely deep strike. And, IMO, they are a must-have in most sister's list. 1 CP is not too much for 4 deep striking melta guns. I typically run 2 units in each of my lists so I can drop one down turn 2 and one turn 3. Also keep in mind that with miracle dice, long bomb charges are possible.

So typically when I deep strike a Seraphim squad, I'm looking at 3 factors.
1) Needs to be within 12" of a tank or other tough unit worthy of 4 meltas.
2) Can I get within range of some rerolls?
3) Can I get within 10-12" of an enemy unit I want to tie up in combat?
Keep in mind that you can shoot your pistols in combat, so if you charge something and they don't kill you or fall back, you can keep firing those meltas on your next turn.
  • Indefragable and 9x19 Parabellum like this

Ad Mech - 5,000 points

Blood Angels - 12,000 points

Dark Angels - 6,500 points

Deathwatch - 3,000 points

Eldar - 18,500 points

Imperial Fists - 5,000 points

Imperial Guard - 1,000 points

Grey Knights - 6,500 points

Sisters of Battle - 4,000 points

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,409 posts

Exactly what TheFinisher4Ever said. 

Today, I'm using one 10 model unit and one 5 model unit. The 10 model unit drops in somewhere tasty turn 2, using pretty much the same set of qualifications listed above, and relies on Deadly Descent to help both put damage on a tough target and clear a screen for my Repentia or Zephyrim to make a move, depending on board state. Since Deadly Descent occurs in the movement phase, a good outcome can often lead to a good spot for the Zephyrim to land in the same turn. 

• Indefragable and 9x19 Parabellum like this

9x19 Parabellum

9x19 Parabellum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,177 posts

This is all super helpful, Finisher and Lemon. I think I'm going to build a 10 woman unit to start with, as 2x5 woman seems like it's too easy to lose the meltas.

No, it's not a bolter caliber! 9x19, dedicated Blood Angels and Raven Guard aficionado.

gallery_95196_13406_23821.jpg gallery_95196_14997_633.jpgsml_gallery_48988_16086_9324.png

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,362 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
I like the idea of dual inferno Seraphim. I’m used to one-way drops down MSU units don’t bother me.

...but I keep being torn between Inferno Seraphim and stormbolter Dominions, of hand flamer Seraphim and melta gun Dominions. Of course today’s W-C article had me wondering about flamer Dominions, but I think that doesn’t make sense given I already have some Heavy Flamer Retributors.

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 899 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

Here's a shot of my new sisters. Coming along slowly:

gallery_95196_16643_1047824.jpg

They are gorgeous. Well done!

• General Strike and 9x19 Parabellum like this

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

dracpanzer

dracpanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 623 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle Crusade Army
Multi-melta Inmolators will be very nice once the wpn update hits next month.

Inferno Pistol seraphim are great.

Repentia bombs in rhinos (OoBR) are very fun.

If you dont like the vehicle aesthetic razorbacks can make do with a simple weapon swap.
gallery_53617_12047_5932.png

gallery_53617_12047_29898.jpg

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,362 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Storm bolter Dominions still there “best” use?

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,409 posts

Storm bolter Dominions still there “best” use?

Interestingly, 12 inch all flamers for just 8 points more than a storm bolter squad could be alright. They outperform the Storm Bolters at 12", but lack enough range to contribute past that.

But it's really just the Stratagem that makes the Storm Bolters such a good choice.

Edited by Lemondish, 20 September 2020 - 04:58 AM.

• dracpanzer likes this

dracpanzer

dracpanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 623 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle Crusade Army
Even then, I wonder what 3W marines will think of that strategem. I'm currently avoiding Doms loaded up with specials. BSS in Immo's are getting them but I have bare bones Doms for jumping on objectives early. Haven't had the chance to run it competitively of course. Practice games will hopefully tell me of they are worth it at all.
gallery_53617_12047_5932.png

gallery_53617_12047_29898.jpg

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,409 posts

Shamelessly jumping on the new to Sisters bandwagon. Sure, I've played some games on TTS, but now I'm actually starting the army for real. Like, in reality.

And I can't be happier - this is such a fun army to build and paint. I managed to get my hands on the Army Box, and here are the results of my first couple Sisters. I'm not a good painter, but enjoy the hobby anyway:

First Two Battle Sisters

Edited by Lemondish, 22 September 2020 - 05:31 PM.

• Dread, Joukernaut, 9x19 Parabellum and 1 other like this

9x19 Parabellum

9x19 Parabellum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,177 posts

Even then, I wonder what 3W marines will think of that strategem. I'm currently avoiding Doms loaded up with specials. BSS in Immo's are getting them but I have bare bones Doms for jumping on objectives early. Haven't had the chance to run it competitively of course. Practice games will hopefully tell me of they are worth it at all.

They won't think anything of it, because you won't use it against them.  There are still plenty of 2W Marines to shoot with Blessed Bolts. In fact, OG Marines are lining up to get shot by it!

General Strike

General Strike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,663 posts
I started building my first sisters the other night, I really like how intuitive the box is. They aren't as annoying and picky as mechanicus or wood elves, both things I've hated building. I sat down and planned out how I was going to build my three boxes of battle sisters. I'm used to primaris, so my brain had to map out how many of each loadout I could build, and what my best choices to build out of those were. I decided on 5x battle sister squads of five, and one dominion squad. I gave the Simulacrum sister the alternate arm with the slung boltgun holding a helmet, and attached the sheathed power sword to her other hip to make a second Sister superior per box.

So, I'll have 3x sister squads with a heavy bolter and storm bolter, 2x sister squads with heavy flamer and flamer, and 1x dominion squad with meltaguns. My only thing is I might give the second flamer squad the fancy helmets and have them as Celestians, in case they become useful in 9th.

Joukernaut

Joukernaut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 507 posts
Celestians already are usefull if you have any desire to get into combat, especially as bloody rose. The better WS, the extra attack, the reroll to hit and wound strat ir reroll to hit near a canoness is oretty decent. That, and they can protect your umagifier from getting killed.

General Strike

General Strike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,663 posts
I managed to gather $500 USD to spend on models. While I haven't fully decided that I want to use it to complete my sisters army, I wanted advice for if I do. I plan to play OOML. I already have a Canoness, three battle sisters boxes, and a box of Retributors. What would you all recommend I pick up to flesh out the army?

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,541 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Dauntless Spirit

I managed to gather $500 USD to spend on models. While I haven't fully decided that I want to use it to complete my sisters army, I wanted advice for if I do. I plan to play OOML. I already have a Canoness, three battle sisters boxes, and a box of Retributors. What would you all recommend I pick up to flesh out the army?

An Imagnifer, Hospitaller or similar won't hurt at all to add. My preference would be to add some Seraphim, an Immolator (thr last model is still available on ebay, if you look around, if the new one isn't thr style you like/costs too much). Also, at least one other HQ. Another Canoness or perhaps a Priest. I'm not sure what else to add, as I dont know what $500 buys. It seems like quite a bit, but the US/Canada has to put up with higher prices :(

In the darkness between the stars, the weak and the faithless find no deliverance. We are raised to believe that the God-Emperor watches over us all. And so we are charged to cleanse the mutant, the heretic and the alien. We must not falter. We are His sword. We are His wrath. Even in the face of death, we shall not submit. Suffering is our prayer. Faith is our armour. In Battle He offers us redemption. And for those who proves their worth, the Emperor sends sends forth His Angels!

9x19 Parabellum

9x19 Parabellum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,177 posts

I don't know enough about playing sisters to assist you.  At the very least I think a couple rhinos to protect all your lovely girls from behing shot off the board.

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,541 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Dauntless Spirit

I don't know enough about playing sisters to assist you. At the very least I think a couple rhinos to protect all your lovely girls from behing shot off the board.

Definitely at least one. The good thing is with Rhinos, is that you can use the Marine one if you don't want to use the specific Sisters one.

In the darkness between the stars, the weak and the faithless find no deliverance. We are raised to believe that the God-Emperor watches over us all. And so we are charged to cleanse the mutant, the heretic and the alien. We must not falter. We are His sword. We are His wrath. Even in the face of death, we shall not submit. Suffering is our prayer. Faith is our armour. In Battle He offers us redemption. And for those who proves their worth, the Emperor sends sends forth His Angels!

Dread

Dread

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,236 posts
  • Faction: Craftworld Nebula
Hi. So it really is a loaded question. There's different things to consider. For instance I am a purist so all my units are sisters, no arcos,priests, etc. I start with canoness and 3 squads of sisters. I add in hospitalor,diagolus, imagifier, dominions, retributors and vehicles before anything else. Repentia and seraphim, next body guard and so forth.

You can also set up with preachers and the like if it's your flavor. Setting up for fun or comp will also play a role.

I'm a firm believer in the exorcists, one of my favorite units and undeniably essential, it's the mainstay of this army, the hammer if you will. Immolators can be used for different roles and rhinos, while suffering the transport rules (embarking/disembarking) can be a good purchase as well.

To me the nice thing is the small variety of units makes choices easier. I play several different armies and get all irritated trying to flesh out a list for most but find sisters easy to compile.

Hope this helps.
gallery-48988-15465-6059.jpggallery-48988-16308-20607.png

I have come to kick ass and chew bubble gum! And I'm fresh outta bubble gum.

I like the way they pop.

ORDER OF THE CERULEAN SHROUD (SISTERS), NECRONS (ILLUMINOR'S MINIONS)
FROSEN STARS (HARLEQUINS), SAIM-HANN (CRAFTWORLD), DARK ELDAR
NIGHTLORDS,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users