Help Deciding on a Color Scheme

The Unseen

So, planning on starting a small sisters force in an escalation league that's about to rev up locally, and was curious if anyone had some good ideas for a color scheme for a custom order that will end up taking the field next to my dark red Blood Angels and the dark purple and gold of my knight house Orhlacc. (https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/House_Orhlacc for those curious)

Fluffwise, the tl;dr edition, minor order that had history of fighting off several traitor astartes forces, which had left the sisters distrustful to downright hostile to even loyal astartes. Traitor forces begin a large offensive during one of the previous black crusades, causing the planet the order is stationed to put out a distress call to all available nearby allies. Captain of my BA company arrives. Shenanigans ensue, the Sisters and the BA end up fighting alongside each other, and it looks like everyone is going to die. Sanguinor arrives, as he does, and his arrival is taken as a sign of the Emperors favor for the BA; revelation style for the sisters. After the war is over, the survivors repaint their armor and rename themselves something else, not sure what yet, and send a detachment to reinforce the blood angel forces as they take the fight elsewhere.

So, I want them to be distinct, but not *clash* on the table with a primarily dark red, black, and gold faction, and a dark purple and gold faction. Probably going to use gold accents to tie the 3 together, but don't have a primary color for armor yet. Considering Sacred Rose, as the white with red and gold accents does work rather well. Or silver and dark purple, like I've seen online.

Any suggestions?

Edited by The Unseen

I like the backstory!

I personally play Sacred Rose so I will always approve of white armor :smile.:  I do think that would work well with your backstory, as Sacred Rose are known for holding on far beyond the breaking point and for shooting. They also manage to squeeze in a few extra miracles too.

You might try white armor with a dark purple robe.  I paint mine with black robes with a blue lining, but in the attached image I painted the long scrolls on Celestine a dark purple so you might be able see what that color combo might look like.

Celestine And Friends

To get my cold white I base coated a light blue and let it show through in the recesses. To get a warm white I am told you should base coat in yellow, but I haven't tried that. (This was a conversation I had with one of the Reaper Miniatures house painters)

Whatever you decide let us see how it comes out!
Edited by Montford

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Blood Angels = red, black, gold

House Orhlac = gold, dark purple

Your SoB = dark purple, and xyz

Just a thought of how to slightly tie things together. My sisters are dark blue-grey (looks black from some angles) with purple robes.

Not sure if I can be much help on color schemes, I struggle with that myself.

But this might be helpful in the visualization process.

B&C Painters

This is a link to the B&C Painters, a digital paint by number program (not an insult, I'm just not sure how else to describe it).

Fairly detailed images of marines (5), Sisters (1), Imperial Guard (1), Orks (1) and Tau (1).

The program is old but still works well enough.