Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Astra Militarum Action Figure Range Coming

Astra Militarum Cadia action figures

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Felix Antipodes

Felix Antipodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 743 posts
  • Faction: Fighting Furies
From W40K Facebook page:

Our friends at Green Wolf Studios have spent the last year working hard on prototypes for officially licensed Astra Militarum action figures. The first one will be a Cadian Officer! Check out their website at www.greenwolfstudios and follow their Instagram – @green_wolf_studios – to keep up to date with these exciting new figures!

From Green Wolf's page:
You may have painted them in miniature scale, you’ve seen them fighting the enemies of the Emperor in countless tabletop games, and you’ve seen them come to life in video games. Now for the first time you’ll have the opportunity to see the Astra Militarum produced as lifelike 1/6th scale collectable action figures.

Over the past year we have worked relentlessly with the Warhammer creative team to bring you the first in our new line up of Warhammer 40,000 licensed figures. Our first figure is an iconic Cadian Officer which has been meticulously rescaled to a height of 30 cms to provide you a faithful representation of the famous fighting force - with the finest of details taken into account.

Visit us at www.greenwolfstudios.com (Link in Bio) and sign up for our newsletter to receive regular updates about this exclusive new range and all future releases and available dates.

Follow us on Instagram @green_wolf_studios and Facebook and over the coming weeks we will share with you the individual designs of parts, as well as our thought process from concept through to the final reveal of the finished figure. #warhammer40k #warhammer #warhammercommunity #warhammerfantasy #warhammer40000 #warhammerworld #warhammer40kpainting #cadian #wh40k may have painted them in miniature scale, you’ve seen them fighting the enemies of the Emperor in countless tabletop games, and you’ve seen them come to life in video games. Now for the first time you’ll have the opportunity to see the Astra Militarum produced as lifelike 1/6th scale collectable action figures.

Over the past year we have worked relentlessly with the Warhammer creative team to bring you the first in our new line up of Warhammer 40,000 licensed figures. Our first figure is an iconic Cadian Officer which has been meticulously rescaled to a height of 30 cms to provide you a faithful representation of the famous fighting force - with the finest of details taken into account.

Visit us at www.greenwolfstudios.com (Link in Bio) and sign up for our newsletter to receive regular updates about this exclusive new range and all future releases and available dates.

Follow us on Instagram @green_wolf_studios and Facebook and over the coming weeks we will share with you the individual designs of parts, as well as our thought process from concept through to the final reveal of the finished figure. #warhammer40k #warhammer #warhammercommunity #warhammerfantasy #warhammer40000 #warhammerworld #warhammer40kpainting #cadian #wh40k

chapter master 454

chapter master 454

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,215 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Justice

So action man in the 43rd Millennium?

Sounds cool though. Look forward to seeing how it does, though get back to me when they release the catachan line.

I Chapter Master 454, Chapter Master of the Angels of Justice, Warboss of WAAAGH Gubskul, Commander of a Catachan Regiment, Phaeron of a Tomb World, Shas'O to a Cadre and Princeps of a lance of House Taranis hereby pledge that I will not take up any further models til all other prior have been fully built and painted to tabletop standards. There is no time limit for this task, there is no deadline. My oath is to solemnly complete the armies I have now, to see it that they can have their glory. Paint will be stripped from the old in need, thick may it be like ceramite I will see it removed so that plastic and metal alike may see light of new paint. Models yet to be, boxed and in darkness will be assembled with due care and attention. For this task I am permitted to still buy the supplies needed to do my task but not one model more.

http://www.bolterand...one-model-more/ the thread to my oath. My own reminder.

http://www.bolterand...rk-in-progress/ my own chapter
"The objective of playing a game is to win. The point of playing a game is to have fun. Never confuse the two"

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,724 posts
Keep in mind, these figures retail for anywhere between £150 - £200.

1/6 isn't cheap.

mkbKIlr.png

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,057 posts

Keep in mind, these figures retail for anywhere between £150 - £200.

1/6 isn't cheap.

I didnt look at prices, this made me think GI Joe but then I looked at other 1/6 (12" for people who don't know like me) and they more look like something far more expensive than what I would get at a toy store.

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

Felix Antipodes

Felix Antipodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 743 posts
  • Faction: Fighting Furies
I had a quick look at their website and their stuff looks crazy detailed, which would explain the price I suppose.

Beaky Brigade

Beaky Brigade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 834 posts

It would be cool to see a 40k regular human in a more grounded 'non heroic' scale interpretation. I do wonder why they didn't announce this when they had a prototype to show.

The website seems to be getting (war)hammered atm :D

Edited by Beaky Brigade, 28 August 2020 - 02:58 PM.

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,787 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

Yeah, when I read 'action figure' I was thinking old GI Joe scale.

These are display pieces.

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

phoenix01

phoenix01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 237 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

Will they also release a 1/6 scale Leman Russ?

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,871 posts

They better include the Guardsman's Uplifting Primer.

• Doctor Perils likes this

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,526 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE

Do they do SM ?

=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,791 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade
I hope its less of a mere upscale like the intercessor figure and more of a redesign in a new scale especially because Guardsmen are old as balls, so I look forward to more news.
  • Dracos likes this
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

Arkhanist

Arkhanist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,251 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, GSC, Death Guard

1/6 scale space marines would be bananas, they'd be 40cm tall.

gallery_53969_15812_3395.gif gallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg gallery_48988_15465_4294.png gallery_48988_15094_4883.png

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 427 posts
Cadians? Yawn. Wake me up when we get either a female Catachan or a Dearh Korps of Krieg one.
  • evilhomer and lordhellblade like this

RandyB

RandyB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 334 posts

Cadians? Yawn. Wake me up when we get either a female Catachan or a Dearh Korps of Krieg one.

Like it or not, iconics will always come first. Only if the iconics sell well enough will others follow.
  • Redrandy93 likes this

Put the toys on the table and throw the dice. Everything else is just noise.

...Unless you're just in this for the modeling. In which case, show your work. Yours likely looks better than mine, anyway.

evilhomer

evilhomer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 98 posts

I wouldn't call Cadians iconic biggrin.png 

Personally, when the plastic Cadians first came out, I was so disappointed - all they needed to do was to make the metals plastic, in terms of aesthetic and scale. Instead, they were completely over-scaled. They're not as dire as the Catachans, but they're not great. Roll on new guard. 

• Black Blow Fly likes this

RandyB

RandyB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 334 posts

I wouldn't call Cadians iconic biggrin.png

Personally, when the plastic Cadians first came out, I was so disappointed - all they needed to do was to make the metals plastic, in terms of aesthetic and scale. Instead, they were completely over-scaled. They're not as dire as the Catachans, but they're not great. Roll on new guard.

They are "iconic" as in "representative". The Cadian uniform and gear is GW's go-to visual for the Astra Militarum, just as the Ultramarine are GW's go-to visual for the Space Marines. Exceptions certainly exist, but are rare enough that the general case is valid.

And the major point remains true. If and only if the Cadian sells well enough will GW consider other regiments for the action figure product line. And even then, it's not guaranteed.
  • Shinespider likes this

Put the toys on the table and throw the dice. Everything else is just noise.

...Unless you're just in this for the modeling. In which case, show your work. Yours likely looks better than mine, anyway.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,991 posts

I wouldn't call Cadians iconic

Then I'm afraid, you'd be wrong.

They're *the* Guard army and have been since the Plastics came out over 15 years ago.
  • mithrilforge, Azekai, Arkhanist and 5 others like this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,794 posts
Im more interested in a new 40k Astra Militarum range...
  • Felix Antipodes, Triszin, redmapa and 1 other like this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,666 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
New Guard!

Oh :(
  • Felix Antipodes and Hungry Nostraman Lizard like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

CosmicLibrarium

CosmicLibrarium

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6 posts

Their line of figures look well made. I'm excited for this, it'll go nice next to my Bandai and McFarlane Toys Intercessors. A Tempestus line would be super cool if they decide to branch out from Cadian IG. 

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,290 posts

I wouldn't call Cadians iconic

Then I'm afraid, you'd be wrong.

They're *the* Guard army and have been since the Plastics came out over 15 years ago.
iconic warhammer, sure. main stream iconic pop culture? out side that niche guard struggle to stand out

Edited by Wispy, 28 August 2020 - 07:48 PM.

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,056 posts

That might be the most confusing thing I've ever read on this forum.

Yes, iconic for Warhammer. Obviously. This is a thread on a Warhammer forum discussing a Warhammer product release aimed at Warhammer fans. What did you think this was about?

• Son of Carnelian, Brother Handro, Aeternus and 3 others like this

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,787 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

Im more interested in a new 40k Astra Militarum range...

At this point, I will just go ahead with Necromunda Gangs of one type or another.

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,113 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech
Dang it...when I read this I thought great I’ll get my son a couple action figures to play with... now I see they’re going to be stupidly expensive dust collectors.... what a waste of time and money ... (yes I know I’m supposed to respect others feelings about the expensive toys they want to waste money on ..blah blah ;-P ) anyways enough of my first world concerns.

Yay for all those rich collectors .. :-) ...
Mithril
  • Arendious and Marshal Valkenhayn like this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,057 posts

I hope its less of a mere upscale like the intercessor figure and more of a redesign in a new scale especially because Guardsmen are old as balls, so I look forward to more news.

I hope its reporportioned, Guardsmen are goofy looking dudes.

Edited by Raven1, 28 August 2020 - 10:13 PM.

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astra Militarum, Cadia, action figures

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users