Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Astra Militarum Action Figure Range Coming

Astra Militarum Cadia action figures

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Lucerne

Lucerne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,061 posts

This bodes well for the AM revamp.

https://twitter.com/...318432949927938

"The Alpha Legion has- in spirit if not in body- remained much the same since its creation."

"Agents of stealth and misrule they may be, but when the Alpha Legion unleash their martial might, worlds shake at their tread."

Emicus

Emicus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,614 posts
Nothing more iconic in the officer corps than a COMMISSAR! In case my hopes bear fruit I will gird my wallet... 200 USD for a primo MORALE RESTORED is easy!

Tyberos the Red Wake

Tyberos the Red Wake

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,808 posts
  • Faction: Carcharodon Astra

I hope they do Harakoni Warhawks, or at least Cadian with respirator and visor options/Kasrkin. Not a fan of the scale though, 40K's tiny miniatures have made me like smaller things now like 1/144 Gundams over 1/100 and the typical 5" to 6" action figures rather than the big 12" figures.

"Grey-clad, they came from the outer night to aid the Imperium, and their jagged maw did swallow the stars, and their black gaze did mirror the void of oblivion."

- The Canticle of Cassandria Lev - Vol.CVI [Circa M37]

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 322 posts
I’m excited to see scale lasguns

Marshal Valkenhayn

Marshal Valkenhayn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 410 posts
  • Faction: Daemons Of Khorne

I wish they'd gone for a cheaper, more accessible format for this rather than super expensive collection pieces. If these were marketed as toys in the 20-30 bucks range I'd buy them for all of my younger siblings for birthdays and the like. 

Ah well. 

• mithrilforge and MetalMammoth like this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,794 posts

Im more interested in a new 40k Astra Militarum range...

At this point, I will just go ahead with Necromunda Gangs of one type or another.

They dont tickle my fancy.
  • Scribe likes this

Son of Sacrifice

Son of Sacrifice

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts
I suspect Dorgmal Snow is involved in the development of this line. He made some incredible custom space marines that you can easily find pictures of online.

He had a previous collaboration with Green Wolf Gear which produced a really cool military science fiction piece.

This has me really excited. I stopped collecting 1/6 figures a while ago, but still return when the mood strikes.

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 523 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Gentleworms, I think this will be fine. Green-wolf seem to know what they're doing with sci-fi.

WKJi1Rg.jpg?1
sMSw6Xv.jpg?1

Hell, modern looks fantastic too.

Le3j9nt.jpg?1

I'm mildly upset that it's Cadian, but it IS recognizable. I personally would like to see Vostroyans, Steel Legion, Death Korps. Hell, even the Maccabian Janissaries (least likely) would be badass in this scale. I'll also take a Blood Pact trooper. pls. 

I hope its less of a mere upscale like the intercessor figure and more of a redesign in a new scale especially because Guardsmen are old as balls, so I look forward to more news.

I hope its reporportioned, Guardsmen are goofy looking dudes.

See above, these are realistic display pieces.

This bodes well for the AM revamp.

Vostroyans went LCTB Winter of 2018, so... 2021 plastics? teehee.gif

• Redrandy93 likes this

J25oay8.jpg

grailkeeper

grailkeeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 599 posts
  • Faction: Vylka Fenrika

I wouldn't call Cadians iconic biggrin.png 

Personally, when the plastic Cadians first came out, I was so disappointed - all they needed to do was to make the metals plastic, in terms of aesthetic and scale. Instead, they were completely over-scaled. They're not as dire as the Catachans, but they're not great. Roll on new guard. 

I wish they'd kept the metal style helmet. 

• Black Blow Fly likes this

Seahawk

Seahawk

++ OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,298 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
He's going to do 1/6 scale space marines too.
  • Redrandy93 likes this

Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.

Post link for all the instances in which Reanimation Protocols doesn't activate, but should. 

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,787 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

Im more interested in a new 40k Astra Militarum range...

At this point, I will just go ahead with Necromunda Gangs of one type or another.
They dont tickle my fancy.

Fair enough. I'm probably going to do an Enforcer/Sisters force.
  • Sete likes this

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,526 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE

They are amazing but too expensive.

=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

MechaMan

MechaMan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 91 posts

I have poured over the 9th edition and Darktide trailer for any design discrepancies between the recent representations of the Cadians and the old plastic models, all in the desperate hope I might find hints of an upcoming update.

I look forward to searching for any clues with these ones. 

Tyberos the Red Wake

Tyberos the Red Wake

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,808 posts
  • Faction: Carcharodon Astra

Gentleworms, I think this will be fine. Green-wolf seem to know what they're doing with sci-fi.

WKJi1Rg.jpg?1
sMSw6Xv.jpg?1

Those Hanroku troopers look sick, especially the helmets. Seems like it's the company's own proprietary IP? I wonder if the orange visor glow is their studio lighting, doesn't look like LED or normal light reflection. Would make more sense that the visor is just orange-tinted sunglasses-like material and they angled a bright light into the visor for the stock photos.

• Hungry Nostraman Lizard likes this

"Grey-clad, they came from the outer night to aid the Imperium, and their jagged maw did swallow the stars, and their black gaze did mirror the void of oblivion."

- The Canticle of Cassandria Lev - Vol.CVI [Circa M37]

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,764 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
How do we get those Hanroku into 40K? :lol:

I'm not that interested in the collector 1/6 scene, but this is very cool for those that are, and hopefully they end up looking better than the Space Marine ones that have been done.
  • Felix Antipodes and Arendious like this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Arendious

Arendious

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 322 posts
  • Faction: Umbral Owls

How do we get those Hanroku into 40K? :lol:

If you told me these were new Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, I'd be starting an army of them on launch day.
  • Felix Antipodes, Black Blow Fly, Chaplain Mollusc and 2 others like this

"Take this, thy reflector belt, that the Emperor's Holy Light will shine in all the places that you go."  ~Commissar Lemay, Imperial Flying Corpsgallery_48988_6285_18080.png

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,113 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

How do we get those Hanroku into 40K? :lol:.

Now this is the right question to be asking....

Mithril

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Son of Sacrifice

Son of Sacrifice

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts
The Hanroku are a creation of the artist Dorgmal Snow. You can check out his work here:

https://www.instagra...m/dorgmal_snow/

and here:

www.dorgmalsnow.com
  • Alby the Slayer likes this

Alby the Slayer

Alby the Slayer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 61 posts

The Hanroku are a creation of the artist Dorgmal Snow. You can check out his work here:

https://www.instagra...m/dorgmal_snow/

and here:

www.dorgmalsnow.com

Yeah 1/6 hobby is very expensive, but the details are amazing and if you love military figures it's the best.

In my days in this hobby I commissioned a project (very expensive but worth it) by dorgmal snow for a Space Wolf, which I then modified a little and put it in a diorama of my creation. It's not truly a 1/6 Space Marine, but it's a beast.

00002.jpg

I have some of the green wolf items (mostly rifles and such) and I can't wait to see an Imperial Guard, and a las rifle with removable magazine. Man, oh man! :D

• Redrandy93, Black Blow Fly, Rune Priest Jbickb and 2 others like this

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 523 posts

That would be cool to see, marines in 1'6th. Almost guaranteed (to me personally it's a huge disappointment)  it will be primaris though, because of the bandai figure. 
Still, I think it would be best if they stuck to "normal" human proportions going forward, there's a lot of regiments to cover. 

J25oay8.jpg

StraightSilver

StraightSilver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 633 posts
The first figure is also, I believe, a Cadian Officer, rather than a regular guardsman.

So cap and long coat, which I think will be very cool but not as iconic as las gun and flak armour.

And now that someone mentioned Commissar I wish they'd gone for that instead.

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,113 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech
Wow he’s a very talented artist, I’ll give him that !!!
Interesting to see where he takes this Guardsman..

Mithril

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 523 posts

You're going to get the thread nuked. 

Bringing it back on target, there seem to be little extras to can buy in for your displays/dioramas. 

Mj0jLG0.jpg?1

Now this is conjecture and wish-work, but does that mean we might be able to see things like Lucius pattern lasguns? Elysian bull-pup style lasguns? Vostroyan ones? That would be pretty neat, I think. Also going to post more of Green Wolf Gears' sci-fi work.

tUHmQtj.jpg?1
bvZRaGF.jpg?1

I've got a gut feeling I might be picking at least one up in the style of GW. We shall see though. Sure, it's expensive, but so is my backlog. Everyone has a backlog, though difference is these don't need to be painted/assembled. I'm sure someone will, though. (Like weathering the knee pads, armor pads, etc)

• Joe likes this

J25oay8.jpg

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,724 posts
I'd be surprised if they skipped over "additional" equipment, however it's largely dependent on what the model releases with as well. Is it just a bog-standard Cadian Officer? Or will he have a rebreather mask, a helmet, additional protective equipment and so forth? Green Wolf did say they'd start previewing it all in the next few weeks, so we'll see in the long run.

mkbKIlr.png

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,946 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

Cleaned up the thread, keep it on target, keep it clean, be nice and respect everyone. 

• Joe, NTaW and Crix like this
sml_gallery_69091_12729_6611.jpggallery_4664_11830_1029.jpeg
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astra Militarum, Cadia, action figures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users