Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Astra Militarum Action Figure Range Coming

Astra Militarum Cadia action figures

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,494 posts

These figurines seem super detailed, way more than the action man/GI-Joe that I was expecting.

What I find amusing, is that forever, the community has complained that marines are too short compared to guardsmen, GW invents Primaris to address this, and now they go and release a Bandai Primaris figure at, what, 1/16, and a guardsman at 1/6 teehee.gif

Would love to see an image of the two together. 

Edited by Xenith, 01 September 2020 - 09:48 AM.

• Black Blow Fly likes this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageXX

++ The Baalite Feast of Blades 2016; 2018 ++

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,991 posts

Enjoy, everyone :)

We would like to thank everyone for all the positive feedback we have been receiving  on this project and for your patience over this past week while waiting for pictures of the Astra Militarum Cadian Officer, it’s been a real pleasure watching the excitement grow. The good news is the wait is finally over and we are pleased to be able to show you the first image. More pictures will be following daily.

We will be launching this figure at midday (noon) UK time on October 2nd 2020 through Kickstarter and priced at £180.00 GBP.
By using Kickstarter this will ensure that you will all have a chance to secure one of these highly detailed 1:6th scale collectable figures.

We will be publishing more information about the Kickstarter project daily so be sure to sign up for our newsletter at www.greenwolfstudios.com to receive details direct to your email should you miss something on our social media.

118952267_2713916678876932_6497577760208

• Redrandy93, Black Blow Fly, Domhnall and 1 other like this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,991 posts

There is also a community article up too!

https://www.warhamme...n-your-shelves/

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,724 posts

I was gauging £150-£200 roughly, so £180 isn't that bad. He's looking pretty damn fine.

It's nice to see they've paid attention to detail in so far as equipment scaling.

mkbKIlr.png

MechaMan

MechaMan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 91 posts

It’s so strange to see models you are so used to being in heroic scale in true scale. That las pistol looks tiny. 

also makes you realise how little protection that body armour offers, cuts off with the rib cage. 

looks great. 

• Black Blow Fly, firestorm40k and Hungry Nostraman Lizard like this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,666 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Not a fan of the hat redesign. Far more British Army than Wehrmacht like the original Kopinski art.

https://pin.it/1Sp3Fjl

Edited by Marshal Rohr, 07 September 2020 - 02:59 PM.

• Petitioner's City likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,871 posts

I'm not a fan, I've seen better cosplayer armour and proportions to be honest.

• StraightSilver likes this

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,727 posts
Lovely figure, beautiful detailing, and great proportions. Definitely prefer the Kopinski hat and art (something about that era overall), but it's a great figure.
Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

MechaMan

MechaMan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 91 posts

Looks pretty spot on to me... 

OFfic

Edit: In what way do people think this design digresses from Kopinski's, I'm genuinely curious?

I also wouldn't say his original drawing resembles the Wermacht peaked cap particularly. What's so distinctive about them, to me at least, is that they have the band with the service cap device and field cap button and the national emblem above it on the cap's high crown - which Kopinski's design doesn't have. His hat design only has one insignia and a significantly smaller crown - the same as Green Wolf Studios rendition.

Edited by MechaMan, 07 September 2020 - 03:53 PM.

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 523 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

I really, really like it. I'll back the Kickstarter probably, but I want to see what the stretch goals are (if any). I wish they'd stop hyping up the fallen Cadia thing, though.

J25oay8.jpg

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,204 posts
https://m.facebook.c...45758&source=57

These are stunning. I’m getting one. Will give it to the family to give back to me! Glad they went with a smaller company than hot toys for these as it keeps the price down as little. Still a very very expensive piece but simply stunning. Glad he has a regular army hat and not the comedy high peak we see on commissars.

StraightSilver

StraightSilver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 633 posts
Did his armour shrink in the wash.... 😂

Also the original doesn't have that daft gap under the armpit and encompasses the entire rib cage - therefore protecting the vital organs.

If the armour was scaled up and the gap in the armpit was shrunk it would be awesome, but sadly it's a "no" from me.

Edited by StraightSilver, 07 September 2020 - 05:06 PM.

• Doghouse likes this

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 427 posts
That looks bad imo, and production version always look worse than the prototypes, so definitely not worth the asking price for me.

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,204 posts
I looked at the Cadian officer model and the length of the armour looks about right to me. The shoulder pads are a bit more realistic on this model than the 28mm gaming model. The aesthetic of this appeals to me way more than the gamer model. This looks much more realistic and gritty. Very pleased with it
  • Domhnall likes this

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,204 posts
They get this right I can smell a Kreig officer or standard bearer coming after. I was thinking of getting the Princess Leia Endor model from hot toys this year but this has just beat that hands down.
  • Marshal Rohr likes this

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,791 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade

This guy looks boring as all hell, should have gone with a more armored look with the Cadian respirators and a backpack as well as shin guards and thicker gloves, essentially turning it into something that looks like a Veteran without stepping into the Karskin shoes.

++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,171 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Damn that thing is absolutely gorgeous, a lot nicer work than i was expecting tbh but waaaay out of my budget. That said i know people who routinely drop hundreds on Star Wars dolls so its aimed more at that crowd :) 

And much as id like a 28mm Cadian rework (To something a bit more like this for example) there is definitely more money in this for GW, aside from some negligible man hours in negotiations and consultations this is costing them next to nothing to get their cut of the profits, licensing is easy money.  

• Knockagh and Hungry Nostraman Lizard like this

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 322 posts
When in 1/6 scale I can totally see the WWI and WWII British officer inspiration that I don’t get when looking at the table top models.
  • Hungry Nostraman Lizard likes this

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,204 posts
If they do a space marine it should definitely be a dark angel. They do some great fabrics on the figures.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,666 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
After looking at it a bit more, aside from the wrong hat, the total lack of equipment besides a canteen and knife has me really worried the new guard range will be similarly bare and not incorporate the FW respirator kits and assault packs.
  • Arendious likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 322 posts
I just noticed, even at 1/6, the laspistol has no sights! 😂

Edited by tangoalphatwo, 08 September 2020 - 02:36 AM.

• Arendious likes this

ShadowSwordmaster

ShadowSwordmaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 249 posts

Other than the hat, everything seems okay to me for a Imperial Guard Cadian Officer. Some officer models of this type tend to not have a whole lot on them in some cases.

Seahawk

Seahawk

++ OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,298 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

It's right there, mate:

20200907-222137.jpg
  • Black Blow Fly, Volt, Elzender and 1 other like this

Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.

Post link for all the instances in which Reanimation Protocols doesn't activate, but should. 

MechaMan

MechaMan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 91 posts

After looking at it a bit more, aside from the wrong hat

Other than the hat, everything seems okay to me for a Imperial Guard Cadian Officer. Some officer models of this type tend to not have a whole lot on them in some cases.

I'm really curious about this hat thing. I feel like I'm being really blind. To me it looks pretty similar to Kolinski's design and seems to be directly modelled on the peaked cap from the 2008 Cadian Command Squad and the Forge World upgrade frame, which is even older. 

Cap 1

Cap 2

There is a real array of peaked caps in the Cadian range though between the Baneblade officer (which is what his face is based on), the tank commander, the discontinued lieutenants, Pask, the Hostile Environment Lieutenant and the two Forge World upgrade packs. Maybe we have different designs in mind but I'm struggling to see any big digressions here from Kolinski/Command Squad - apart from being made out of what appears to be leather rather than fabric. I feel I'm missing something and I really wanna know what it is haha. 

It's definitely an improvement face wise - I can't believe the state of some of the Guard paint jobs on GW's website.

Face

the total lack of equipment besides a canteen and knife has me really worried the new guard range will be similarly bare and not incorporate the FW respirator kits and assault packs.

I had no idea a new Guard range had been announced/was running rumour rounds - outside of the conjectured new Catachans - have we heard anything more rockcrete?

I wouldn't worry too much though vis this setting design precedents for (potential) new Cadians. I imagine that having more equipment would really run up production costs and pricing, so they probably kept it relatively bare bones to begin with.

Their accessories are £27.50 each so I imagine including all of the equipment from the Forge World upgrade frames would really drive things up. At the minute he resembles something you could pretty put together using Cadian Command Squad sprues (excluding the bionic eye). Might even make a mini based on him tomorrow.

Edited by MechaMan, 08 September 2020 - 03:28 AM.

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 322 posts

It's right there, mate:

20200907-222137.jpg

Oh! No :cuss? I never knew that was an optic. Thank you! Wow. 25+ years in and you learn something new.
Wait. Optic or sighting laser? Thoughts?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astra Militarum, Cadia, action figures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users