Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Astra Militarum Action Figure Range Coming

Astra Militarum Cadia action figures

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Calgar 2.0

Calgar 2.0

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 409 posts
  • Faction: Mantis Warriors 5th Company

They have also said other regiments. Obvious ones would be Kreig, Ghosts and Catachan. I’m sure we will get a commissar and an inquisitor if all runs well. They can leave the marines to Bandai.

If Ghosts are on the menu, I really want a 1/6 Commissar Gaunt. I could see that selling reasonably well.
gallery_45765_12339_12035.png

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,724 posts

In the event anyone was confused as to why the Kickstarter didn't launch this weekend, there were some issues - the new launch is on Tuesday.

Finally the Kickstarter issue was resolved during the night! We have throughly checked and tested that the issue has indeed been resolved and are 100% happy that there will be no more pre-launch issues We have now set a new launch date for Tuesday 6th October at 1pm BST (British Summer Time). Don’t forget to place that date and time in your diaries. You can now follow us on Kickstarter and once the full campaign is launched. We are featured in the coming soon section on Kickstarter, we will publish the link on Monday to the full campaign.

120735627_2736904509911482_4153208686596

mkbKIlr.png

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,204 posts
This went live today. Backed it. Some great features to be unlocked for backers and cool add ons. Doubt I will go for the add on as 180 plus 9 for the postage is quite enough!
Pretty disappointed there is no early backer reward. I don’t back many projects on kickstarter but those I do tend to offer these and it’s a nice incentive

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,635 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Does seem tempting but for that price I can finish my Guard army off... :( 

Anybody planning to get one and painting it in their Regiment colours?

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Avenge me Brother, AVENGE ME!!!'' *pffft* - Unknown Black Templar, cleansing of the Furry homeworld

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,991 posts

Does seem tempting but for that price I can finish my Guard army off... sad.png 

Anybody planning to get one and painting it in their Regiment colours?

That would be cool but take some SERIOUS skill!

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,204 posts

This went live today. Backed it. Some great features to be unlocked for backers and cool add ons. Doubt I will go for the add on as 180 plus 9 for the postage is quite enough!
Pretty disappointed there is no early backer reward. I don’t back many projects on kickstarter but those I do tend to offer these and it’s a nice incentive

Only reason I even considered it was because I don’t play anymore and don’t need to buy army loads of models. A box of 5 would do me a year! All the same you don’t buy and paint many 28mm models for £180

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,113 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

Only reason I even considered it was because I don’t play anymore and don’t need to buy army loads of models. A box of 5 would do me a year! All the same you don’t buy and paint many 28mm models for £180

huh.png Wha ???!!.. i don't think GW's that expensive yet, you can get a few models to paint for 180 pounds... happy.png

Mithril

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,204 posts
I see this has got around 50% in its first day. I’m not very familiar with kick starter but projects I’ve backed before have been filled in hours. Does anyone with more kickstarter experience know if this is a good or poor start?
It seems they would need to sell about 5 or 6 per day to meet target.

Brother_Angelus

Brother_Angelus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 445 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, White Scars

I recently got into Hot Toys Star Wars figures, and comparatively this is pretty uninspiring for the price. For those unfamiliar, go take a look at the options and details on a newly released figure like Commander Cody or The Mandalorian.

While they seem to have resized the shoulder plates to the more natural human form, it appears they've made the body armour too short for the body. This has left a lot of dead space around the lower torso, belt line and legs. He could of really used some more accessories, and a rescaling of the armour to match the body proportions.

Overall it seem like a strange pick for a first figure under this license, especially if they intend to do grunts eventually anyway. A Krieger, Elysian, or really ornate Commissar would have had a lot more impact.

Edited by Brother_Angelus, 07 October 2020 - 07:55 AM.

Blood Angels - White Scars - Crimson Fists

Proudly red, white and blue

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,204 posts
I’ve no problem with the styling I love the look they went for. A great coat to go over it all would have been awesome though.

Hot toys are a lot more than £180! The commander Cody is around £240. Big difference

Edited by Knockagh, 07 October 2020 - 08:12 AM.

• Hungry Nostraman Lizard likes this

Brother_Angelus

Brother_Angelus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 445 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, White Scars
If you like it, that's all that really matters. I just think it's lacking a lot of the extras you get with HT in particular.

They seem to be advertising a second head and helmet that will be available to purchase, but once you add those on it'll likely be approaching that £240 figure and still have less options.

I’ve no problem with the styling I love the look they went for. A great coat to go over it all would have been awesome though.

Hot toys are a lot more than £180! The commander Cody is around £240. Big difference

Blood Angels - White Scars - Crimson Fists

Proudly red, white and blue

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 877 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

I see this has got around 50% in its first day. I’m not very familiar with kick starter but projects I’ve backed before have been filled in hours. Does anyone with more kickstarter experience know if this is a good or poor start?
It seems they would need to sell about 5 or 6 per day to meet target.

It's a fairly normal start to be honest. Most projects are not fully funded on the first day, it's just a few blockbuster projects that go nuts and get funded super quick.

Typically there is a s shaped funding curve, with the biggest gains in the first 48 and last 48 hours.

For comparison this is the previous Green Wolf Kickstarter: https://www.kicktraq...-action-figure/

It was not fully funded until 10 days from the end.

armarnis

armarnis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts
  • Faction: XXth Legion

am i the only one that thinks the model looks terrible?

the officers cap and the bionic eye (with that "chain" cable attached) takes away all the seriousness from the modell, sadly.

there are tons of good artwork showing off the imperial army but he looks just boring and uninspired. like someone was told warhammer is just skulls and aquilas tacked on everywhere and he did it to something designed for another age entirely.

its just not touching at all

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 523 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

I like the look of that additional helmet for the Officer.

• Brother_Angelus likes this

J25oay8.jpg

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,204 posts
70%. It certainly slower than i thought. The power fist looks brilliant. Although as it’s an extra that only gets released when they exceed target, it might not appear. That would be a pity it makes the model.

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,204 posts
This is a week in now and at 84% which seems pretty decent if it follows that ‘s’ shape. Hopefully gets all the extras still loving those power fists

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astra Militarum, Cadia, action figures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users