Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

9th 1k starting point

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Satchmojones

Satchmojones

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 70 posts
  • Faction: 212th Cadian

Hey all, making my first list for 9th ed. from what i can assume list building should be relitively the same with additions of consiterations for blast weapons & moving/shooting vechiles (which isnt too huge for deathwatch at this stage sadly)

heres the list:

Deathwatch
1k points (999points & 4 CP)

Watch captain (148 points)

- Castellan of the black Vault (hero of the chapter)

- The becon Angelis (Armory Of The Watch Fortress)
- Storm bolter

- Thunder hammer (Would a powerfist be better here?)

Watch master (125 points)

- Watch eternal

- Tome of the ectoclades

TROOPS

Veterans (230 points) (Im not sure on this squad esspecially with blast weapons, would 2 five man squads work better?)
Sargent with Storm bolter & Chainsword (5 attacks, nice)

Blackshield with storm bolter & chainsword (another 5 attacks)

X 3 veterans with Stormbolters & storm shields
X3 Veterans with stormbolters & chainswords

X 1 vanguard veteran with two bolt pistols

X1 Veteran with a deathwatch fragcannon (Not sure on this one)

Intersessors (100 points)

x4 with Stalker bolters
Sargent with stalker bolter & Chainsword

Intersessors (100 points)

x4 with Stalker bolters
Sargent with stalker bolter & Chainsword

FAST ATTACK

Biker Squad (97 points)

Biker sargent with storm bolter & stormsheild
X2 bikers (one with homing teliporter)

FLYER

Corvis blackstar (200 points)
Lascannons
Auspex array
Hurricane bolters

this list was mostly made with making a solid core and using the corvis since it can move and shoot well now. although im more than happy to shelve it until a higher point level. honestly a Ven dred and maybe a diffrent unit would be better. 

Edited by Satchmojones, 28 August 2020 - 01:53 PM.

Mobius0288

Mobius0288

++ FASCIA INFINITUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 653 posts

Pretty solid core overall, I run a similar core in my lists.

The stalker intercessors are fabulous for deathwatch: wounding on 2's for hellfire rounds and having access to the target sighted stratagem makes them useful all game long. You are correct on the Blackstar point as well, it has gotten better with big guns never tire rule... probably one of the better vehicle choices we have due to transporting AND having good damage output for its points.

Considerations for points and efficiency:

-Your smash Captain is built the best way DW can do it, but be careful with the changes to "look out sir." Characters running around solo aren't as powerful as they were in 8th. If you purely want someone to rush forward 12" via the jump pack, you may want to consider a chaplain. You could even give him a powerfist and you'd be saving a few points.

-Teleport homer not needed unless you plan to bring a terminator model or unit. It was a free take before but now it'll cost you some points to bring on the bikers.

-Your veterans should be fine in large squads if you are taking storm shields. The vanguard veteran is no longer needed unless you are specifically trying to extend movement of your unit in order to make charges. He no longer grants fall back and shoot. Alternatively, this gives you an option to bring them in a drop pod if you don't bring a termie. This would also protect you from auspex scans (and similar) when trying to deep strike units as close as possible to an enemy unit. If the vet squad goes in the Blackstar, the frag cannon should be a nice boost whatever situation you are dropping them in... not too expensive but still enough dmg output.

Do you plan to beacon angelis a unit from the start of the game or is it a just in case thing? If you are, you could change out the bikers to be something not as speedy and choose to bring them forward... for example another troop choice so that you have objective secure. And while the Blackstar is a whole lot better, that's still quite a few eggs in one basket. I would hate to see the blackstar get blown up turn 1 and you lose your mobility before your start your turn 1.

Just some things to think about.

Deathwatch | Imperial Fist | Imperial Knights | Skitarii | Inquisition

Satchmojones

Satchmojones

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 70 posts
  • Faction: 212th Cadian

Thanks for the advice. I've changed up the list accordingly. the smashcaptain isnt my favorite unit but deathwatch AT isn't the greatest (until erradicators get a proper release that is). i didn't actually relise the homing beacon costed points now. a tad silly but its been dropped.

this is the revised list. i've removed the veterans and bikers in favor for more durible troops. although i will be lossing a few shots by exchanging the storm bolters for Auto bolters. i dropped the corvis and ill add it in 1.5k where it will fit a bit better.  

some changes i did think of is using Interblaster squads. im not sure if they are worth the 265 point cost although. ive also consitered adding terminators since they can bring quite a bit to the table too

here is the revised list so far

HQ
Watchmaster (125 points)
-tome of Ecolades (Warlord)

- lord of hidden Knowlege

Chaplain (118 points)
- Jump pack

-  powerfist & Stormbolter

- Litanys of Hate & Redaction of focus

Elites

Venerble Dreadnaught (148 points)
- Twin Lascannon

- CC Weapon with Strombolter

Troops

Intersessor Squad (100 points)
- x4 intersessors with Stalker bolt rifles
- Sargent with Stalker bolter & chainsword

Intersessor Squad (100 points)
- x4 intersessors with Stalker bolt rifles
- Sargent with Stalker bolter & chainsword

Intersessor Squad (240 points)
- x8 Intersessors with auto bolters

- x1 aggressor with Boltstorm gauntlets
- sargent with powerfist & Auto bolt rifle

Heavy support

Hellblasters (165 points)

- X4 with rapid fire plasma guns

- sargent with plasma gun & bolt pistol

• Mobius0288 likes this

Mobius0288

Mobius0288

++ FASCIA INFINITUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 653 posts

Eradicators have been confirmed as a DW unit so feel free to add them or test them out until the Codex drop (and multi-part kits possibly).

Some thoughts for Hellblasters - not exactly anti-tank, but think of them as anti-tank support. By themselves they won't be able take down. If you do want to use them as dedicated anti-tank, you have a few options to help you: +1 to wound stratagem, reroll HQ characters for those pesky 1's and tome (or mission tactics). Also keep in mind with upcoming changes, plasma will be unmodified 1's when the new codex hits. That means, in the meantime, you can use a chaplain with the +1 to hit litany to support your plasma guys as well.

Another thing that DW has over all the other chapters is our unique combat squading. I would definitely bring the hellblasters in an intercessor unit and then combat squad them as an additional troop choice for objective secured.

My recommendation for an inter-blaster squad is if you plan to deep strike that unit (or beacon them) within rapid fire range, then absolutely bring a unit. You have the potential to drop the rapid fire strat and the +1 to wound strat if you really wanted, and do some serious horde clearing while also hurting some heavy armor/elite infantry.

And while it's still a month out, the heavy version of the hellblaster will be changing as well to have an inherent 2 dmg instead of 1 dmg. That should mean overcharging for 3 dmg. It's not game breaking nor will they be better than Eradicators (unless we see point changes), but its a nice long range support choice. Could be paired up with stalker intercessors and an aggressor for a mobile long range platform. Plasma guys are great against necrons due to their shields.

Deathwatch | Imperial Fist | Imperial Knights | Skitarii | Inquisition

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users