Impervious flyers?

Gherrick

If I understand the new deployment rules for flyers, it seems there is a gross loophole for GK players. I forget the name of the spell, but the one that allows a unit to shoot and move in the psychic phase would allow for the flyer to enter from reserves, shoot, then move off the table back into reserves, without the opponent ever getting a chance to actually shoot at it. Did I miss something?

"Edict Imperator has a warp charge value of 7. If manifested, select one friendly GREY KNIGHTS unit within 12" of this psyker. That unit can shoot as if it were your Shooting phase, and then make a move as if it were your Movement phase (it cannot Advance as part of this move). That unit cannot shoot again this turn or charge this turn."

That the one?

You cannot move after going out of reserves or strategic reserves by any means. So that strategy doesn't work, unfortunately. However, if you are able to put your flyer in safety turn 1, you can use this trick to shoot with it and than go out of the table. This will guarantee at least two shooting phases for your flyer.

when he flyes of the table turn 1 he was once on the table and can stay in reserve until turn 5. Yes that works.

The same goes with the other trick with the Edict Imperator spell. Disembark in movement phase, shoot in the psycic phase and get back in. It works because they are getting in and out in different phases.

Edited by Silver-Fox