Terminator Loadouts in 9th

Only issue with that is I don't know how to make the Ebon Keshig models work as is, It would either be Hammers or Claws. (Claws preferable due to no shield) 

Frankly the current Marine lists based on Primaris have *no* issue with en masse Str 4 shooting. So extra storm bolters are... neat. Bear in mind the claws re-roll all wounds, though I do agree fist/bolter terminators will be very nice for Space Marines in general in 9th. 

Though I think that given the edition the "drop and high-probability charge" combined with our innate movement and pursuits will be invaluable in 9th. 

Only issue with that is I don't know how to make the Ebon Keshig models work as is, It would either be Hammers or Claws. (Claws preferable due to no shield)

Frankly the current Marine lists based on Primaris have *no* issue with en masse Str 4 shooting. So extra storm bolters are... neat. Bear in mind the claws re-roll all wounds, though I do agree fist/bolter terminators will be very nice for Space Marines in general in 9th.

Though I think that given the edition the "drop and high-probability charge" combined with our innate movement and pursuits will be invaluable in 9th.

My hope is that LCs get a boost to Str alongside swords because at their current price the fist today is better than dual LCs against most targets and spending 3 ppm less on a loadout that is worse in range and in melee seems undesirable.

I agree that, right now, claws don't seem great. But in all honesty I'm not sure Storm bolters and Fists are particularly good either. It just somehow feels a bit average as a unit to me. Kind of shooty, but not really for its cost. Slow. Not obsec. It hits pretty hard in melee but won't kill anything all that massive. 2+/5++ is a weird stat line in that the invulnerable is irrelevant against most attacks.

I've got a feeling that TH/SS terminators will end up being the only really useful ones for now. They do a very different job though and they probably require a transport. Basically everything still depends on how many points all these things cost. Bladeguard, assault centurions, aggressors and a whole lot of other units do versions of the same job.

What makes Terminators good compared to their rivals you mentioned is you're not taking them to kill things primarily. If you wanted to shoot stuff you'd have taken Centurions or Aggressors. If you wanted to assault things you'd have taken Vanguard Veterans or Assault Terminators.

What you want from Terminators is to move to a designated hot-spot and play an game of attrition and if you're engaging the enemy with them, shoot and assault to get the most out of their dual combat capacity.

They're flexible and survivable, with 3 wounds being the hardest nut to crack bar Centurions, who have different considerations. That survivable capacity can get up the board in various ways and thus you can take and hold an objective or board area quite readily, or get right in the opponent's way and require a lot of energy to do anything about.

What makes Terminators good compared to their rivals you mentioned is you're not taking them to kill things primarily. If you wanted to shoot stuff you'd have taken Centurions or Aggressors. If you wanted to assault things you'd have taken Vanguard Veterans or Assault Terminators.

What you want from Terminators is to move to a designated hot-spot and play an game of attrition and if you're engaging the enemy with them, shoot and assault to get the most out of their dual combat capacity.

They're flexible and survivable, with 3 wounds being the hardest nut to crack bar Centurions, who have different considerations. That survivable capacity can get up the board in various ways and thus you can take and hold an objective or board area quite readily, or get right in the opponent's way and require a lot of energy to do anything about.

I think they would work as a great, albeit expensive, distraction unit. Teleport them in somewhere, force your oppenents hand to drag stuff away from other areas of the battlefield, and then when they are in too much danger, teleport them back out with the homer. Whilst this is happening your other units are taking objectives.

Admittedly I play very rarely so how viable this is I’m not 100% sure, but it sounds like a great tactic in my head haha.