Carcharodons in 9th edition?

Bulwyf

They do have (somewhat) regular contact with the Mechanicus as part of the Grey Tithe. I wouldn't be surprised if the Primaris organs got handed over as part of the latest exchange, or if they at least sent word of "hey, I know this is several hundred years early, but we've got something you'll really want to check out".

Figured I'd throw this out there since GW hasn't said anything one way or another: They've said that all Marine Chapters have access to Primaris. But that sort of implies all Chapters that are actively supported by the Imperium. 

The Carcharodons hang out basically outside the galaxy and it's not clear on whether the Imperium even knows where to find them to give them supplies if they wanted to. Combined with the fact that they are the closest thing to being Excomminicate Traitorus you can get without actually crossing that line and you have a scenario where it is questionable whether the Carcharodons would have Primaris at all. 

GW said all all loyal Chapters have them and the Carcharodons are loyal so yes, they have them. In addition in the fluff they regularly trade with Ad Mec so it is reasonable to assume they would trade them if needed the supplies and equipment to make Primaris.

They do have (somewhat) regular contact with the Mechanicus as part of the Grey Tithe. I wouldn't be surprised if the Primaris organs got handed over as part of the latest exchange, or if they at least sent word of "hey, I know this is several hundred years early, but we've got something you'll really want to check out".

Robbie MacNiven hinted that this was how they would receive Primaris technology when asked about it on social media. He said they'd receive it through other contacts rather than Guilliman. Don't remember if he actually specified Mechanicus or not, but they'd be the biggest suspects.

Carcharodons also appear on the poster of Primaris chapters given out in Conquest (fifth row, far left), but some people I brought this up to don't consider the poster a canonical example of in-universe lore since it also contained chapters such as the Relictors:

gallery_61651_8632_67459.jpg

G Man had Cawl working on the primaris project for thousands upon thousands of years. My understanding is that he basically had a color by numbers check list of Marine chapters and began painting the power armor according to said list. Then clicked "send". Hence why you get chapters like relictors, carcharodons, and other unlikely recipients of primaris reinforcements.

When it comes to representing your sharks you can get away with pretty much any chapter with "counts as". The are very much melee hit and run, do absolute max/devastating damage and then redeploying to do so again. They are however NOT blood mad berserkers ... even in Red Tithe the Nightlords describe their fury as cold, calculated, and controlled despite the excessive bloodshed, comparing them as more controlled but just as ferocious (if not more so) then blood angels. *not to mention eerily similar to the NightLords themselves*

White Scars, Ravenguard, Spaewolves, Blood Angels rules all have applications for counts as in addtion to "create your own"

*edit for nightlords info*

Edited by SoulGlaive

Hoping for some clarification. My friend building his Carcharodons has me doing my own as well.

I have the space marine codex just released today. I know I need the Forgeworld book for tyberos rules whenever it comes out.

I'm confused now as to what supplement to get. Do I need to get the 8th edition white scars supplement because it plays way more melee friendly than raven guard to work in addition to the 9th codex?  The only supplements I heard about coming out the rest of this year are Space Wolves and Blood Angels. Are the other first founding chapters supplements coming out before the end of the year as well?

Hoping for some clarification. My friend building his Carcharodons has me doing my own as well.

I have the space marine codex just released today. I know I need the Forgeworld book for tyberos rules whenever it comes out.

I'm confused now as to what supplement to get. Do I need to get the 8th edition white scars supplement because it plays way more melee friendly than raven guard to work in addition to the 9th codex?  The only supplements I heard about coming out the rest of this year are Space Wolves and Blood Angels. Are the other first founding chapters supplements coming out before the end of the year as well?

The supplements were made with 9th in mind, and are valid until they're replaced/updated.

As of right now, only the Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Deathwatch and Dark Angels are getting 9th supplements. So the White Scars supplement is fine for the time being, yes.

You don't NEED the supplement, but the bonuses it gives (Superdoctrine, unique Stratagems and Warlord Traits) are nice

The supplements were made with 9th in mind, and are valid until they're replaced/updated.

As of right now, only the Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Deathwatch and Dark Angels are getting 9th supplements. So the White Scars supplement is fine for the time being, yes.

You don't NEED the supplement, but the bonuses it gives (Superdoctrine, unique Stratagems and Warlord Traits) are nice

I thought as much but held off until I saw confirmation. Thank you brother!