Favorite exalted bloodthirster traits/relics combo?

dice4thedicegod

Has anyone got any favored combinations?

I’m going to be using one for the first time and I’m not sure which to do:

1) Pick the max 8w a phase and combo with get a wound back for each kill in the fight phase. Hopefully means he survives 2 shooting phases.

Or

2) just roll twice for exalted traits and take the relic axe (that does min 3 damage and gives him a 50% chance of getting back up after first time being killed )

Anyone have their own ‘go to‘ ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

To answer my own question; I’m starting to think:

Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage = arch murderer and armor of scorn (4++ for survivability, and +1 damage means his mega swing is averaging 5.5 damage, meanwhile the sweeping attack is S8 and 2 damage)

Wrath of khorne bloodthirster = blood blessed and exalted relic axe (will survive at least one shooting phase, get guaranteed 3damage minimum - useful in primaris/gravis/new terminator meta - and has a chance of getting back up after being killed)

I like the idea of the Unrivalled Battle-lust trait (+2" charge) on a deep striking Bloodthirster with G'rmakht (relic axe) and Oblivious to Pain warlord trait. ~82% chance of a 9"+ charge on the drop, excellent damage output with the relic, and the warlord trait not only helps to keep him alive but also has a reasonable chance to grant some rerolls to hit and wound.