Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Revised Contact Methods?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,023 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him

I have to admit, it's been a few years since I looked at the Contact Methods list - and I had a good chuckle when I saw what's on there. At present, it's;

• AIM
  • MSN
  • Website URL
  • Jabber
Of these, AIM has been discontinued (2017), MSN has been discontinued (2014), ICQ, Yahoo and Jabber don't seem to be particularly prominent in this day and age, and finally Skype is semi-alive (although the Business component is being folded into Microsoft Teams).

With this in mind, it might be prudent to trim / replace some of these options with more current services? AIM and MSN could almost certainly be replaced by an option for Discord, and given the growing community of painting / hobbying streamers one could make the case for ICQ, Yahoo and Jabber to be replaced by the likes of Twitch or Youtube.

Food for thought. I understand that the staff are currently working away at a new version of the forum behind the scenes. \o

• Noserenda, Quixus and Aeternus like this

kSfahiz.pngCIImQcN.png8HDWzMB.png

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 23,561 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
This will definitely happen when we update the software.

Maybe sooner.
  • Joe likes this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,490 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons, Guard
Dating myself somewhat but I don’t even know what half of these are....

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshopgallery_26154_15777_16051.png
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/9/1 wh40k 8th 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 1/2/0 wh40k 8th 1/1/0 Kill Team

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,763 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Hit me up on AIM and I’ll explain them to you.

<hearty laugh>

• Dosjetka likes this

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 23,561 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion

What would members suggest as current contact methods to replace/expand the list (aside from Discord, Twitch, and YouTube)? Facebook and Instagram seem logical. What about Snapchat?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users