World Killers

Abaddon303

How are people using this strat? It seems powerful but at 3cp I can't work out when to use it effectively.

You have to activate it at the start of your turn which kind of telegraphs your intentions. It's not like you can suddenly pull the rug out from under your opponent by denying him objectives he thought he controlled.

Does it work best if you have first turn or second? Can someone talk me through a scenario of how it can be used to full effect? Thanks

Sorry I wrote turn but I actually knew it was start of the round. I realise now though, I think I was thinking more about scoring myself objectives rather than denying my opponent.

So actually it's really powerful if they have the first turn in the round, you can use your turn to move units onto objectives that wouldn't normally steal it from obsec (like bikes) then turn off their obsec for their command phase and potentially deny them scoring upwards of 15pts.

I guess if you have the first turn of the round then your opponent has more of an opportunity to respond to the strategem and you also can't move immediately before using the strat to set up your positioning.

I guess that does make it very useful to help mitigate the impact of not having first turn tho!

We often mention the end effects, but there's a tremendous amount of subtitle implications in World Killers.  You can plan your game around the use of this strat. 

It frees you up to target the enemy's heavy hitters, saving their Troops for later, floating a turn using World Killers.

It allows MSU Troops to deny control of an objective.  There are all sorts of weird tactics for this, like moving within 1.1 inch of the enemy to be on the objective, but not risk charging.

It strips banners, and allows you to control objectives at the end of your turn, which allows you to get Domination secondaries.