Signus Themed Blood Angels ZM 1,500 Point List

Cris R

I really like the lore around the Nullifactors as a Grey Knights player, so I created a 1,500 point Signus-themed ZM list of Blood Angels veterans who survived the campaign and serve as an elite strike force against traitors who create demonic incursions during the rest of the Heresy. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

++ Zone Mortalis - Combatant (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [1,499pts] ++

+ Elites [515pts] +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon [240pts]: Dreadnought Talon
. Contemptor Dreadnought, Legion [240pts]: Extra Armour [5pts], Havoc Launcher [15pts], Searchlight and Smoke Launchers, Toxiferno Cannon [10pts]
. . Dreadnought Chainfist [35pts]: Iliastus Pattern Assault Cannon [25pts]

The Angel's Tears [275pts]: 4x Angel's Tears Grenade Launcher [60pts], 9x Erelim [135pts], Frag and Krak Grenades, Hardened Armour, Jump Packs, Legiones Astartes, Power Armour, Rad Grendades, Two Vulkite Serpenta, 9x Volkite Serpenta, 5x Volkite Serpenta
. Arch-Elelim [25pts]: Artificer Armour [10pts], 2x Volkite Serpenta
. . Chainsword or Combat Blade: Chainswords/Combat Blades
. Chainsword or Combat Blade: Chainswords/Combat Blades

+ HQ [459pts] +

Delegatus [352pts]: Blade of Perdition [20pts], On Foot, Volkite Charger [7pts]
. Consul [240pts]
. . Delegatus [240pts]: Master Crafted Weapon
. . . Master of the Legion [225pts]
. . . . Terminator Command Squad, Legion [225pts]: Chainfist [10pts], 3x Combi-bolter, Legiones Astartes, Plasma Blaster [15pts], 3x Power Axe, 4x Space Marine Chosen, Legion [120pts]
. . . . . Standard Bearer, Legion [80pts]: Chainfist [10pts], Combi-bolter, Grenade Harness [10pts]
. . . . . Tartaros Pattern Terminator Armour: Terminator Armour
. Tartaros Pattern Terminator Armour [35pts]: Terminator Armour [35pts]

Nullificator [107pts]: On Foot, Psychic Mastery Level 1 [5pts], Volkite Charger [7pts]
. Cataphractii Pattern Terminator Armour [35pts]: Terminator Armour [35pts]
. Consul [10pts]
. . Primus Nullificator [10pts]: Aether-shock maul, Hexagrammatic Wards

+ Troops [525pts] +

Nullificators, Legion , Compulsory [260pts]: 2x Aether-shock maul, 2x Combi-Bolter, Grenade Harness [10pts], Legiones Astartes, 4x Nullificator [180pts], 2x Power Fist [30pts], 2x Toxiferran Flamer [20pts]
. Cataphractii Pattern Terminator Armour: Terminator Armour
. Hexagrammatic Wards
. Nullificator Sergeant [20pts]: Thunder Hammer [10pts], Toxiferran Flamer [10pts]

Veteran Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [265pts]: 9x Bolt Pistol, 7x Bolter, 5x Chainswords/Combat Blades, 2x Heavy Flamer [30pts], Legiones Astartes, 4x Power Axe [40pts], 9x Veteran Space Marines, Legion [108pts], Veteran Tactics: Resolve, Vexilla, Legion [10pts]
. Standard Equipment: Frag and Krak Grenades
. Veteran Sergeant, Legion [25pts]: Artificer Armour [10pts], Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Power Fist [15pts]

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance: IX: Blood Angels, Loyalist

Rite of War: Pride of the Legion

+ Use Playtest Rules +

Use Playtest Rules Errata 1.0 (From FAQ 1.1 Feb/2019): Playtest Rules Errata 1.0 On

++ Total: [1,499pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

Edited by Cris R

Interesting list concept, I’ll share a few thoughts.

Firstly, at 1500pts you have a lot tied up in your HQ choices. I appreciate the delegatus unlocks the RoW and command squad, but is it worth the tax of a second HQ?

If you must go down the route of two HQs at this points level, I would switch to using the “chosen duty” RoW, as you stand to lose a lot of VP if the single veteran tactical squad is killed. Chosen duty will allow you to take veterans as troops and give you a VP if the delegatus survives.

Personally, I would drop the delegatus and command squad, perhaps just run a standard terminator squad with chainfists or second nullificator squad. I would then use breachers with Melta bombs to fill to compulsory troop slot.

Angels tears are an odd choice in ZM, do they have move through cover? If not, they will be taking a lot of dangerous terrain tests. You might be better served by destroyers on foot (again add meltabombs, they are great in ZM for removing opposing dreads).

Good luck with it!

Cadmus

Interesting list concept, I’ll share a few thoughts.

Firstly, at 1500pts you have a lot tied up in your HQ choices. I appreciate the delegatus unlocks the RoW and command squad, but is it worth the tax of a second HQ?

If you must go down the route of two HQs at this points level, I would switch to using the “chosen duty” RoW, as you stand to lose a lot of VP if the single veteran tactical squad is killed. Chosen duty will allow you to take veterans as troops and give you a VP if the delegatus survives.

Personally, I would drop the delegatus and command squad, perhaps just run a standard terminator squad with chainfists or second nullificator squad. I would then use breachers with Melta bombs to fill to compulsory troop slot.

Angels tears are an odd choice in ZM, do they have move through cover? If not, they will be taking a lot of dangerous terrain tests. You might be better served by destroyers on foot (again add meltabombs, they are great in ZM for removing opposing dreads).

Good luck with it!

Cadmus

Thank you! Your ideas actually touch on my regular 1,000 point Blood Angels ZM list where I use the Delegatus to unlock the ZM Assault Force RoW and run a unit of terminators in the troops slot who can deep strike with the ROW and a unit of breachers who also benefit from the RoW. I add a Contemptor Cortus and an elite choice to finish it off. I think adding your suggestions on top my existing list is one place to go, so thanks again!

Edited by Cris R

Looks pretty tight. I'm curious if you'll get good mileage out of Null. They always strike me as underwhelming but for thematic list they sure seem relevant.

I only notice a few possibale tweaks and I'll try to remain in spirit of Signus.

- Resolve is an odd choice for Veteran Tactics. Stubborn is cool, but it's not a deal breaker - it's like that second less important rule that's great to have, but normally you pay heed to other rules first. I get it, Signus Veterans must be quite indomitable, but I'd wager they are also good in melee.

I'd go Weaponsmasters. You don't need stubborn if you ain't losing fights. And you have a metric ton of Axes that wounds on 2s. Jump from WS4 to 5 means you will deal +33% wounds vs WS4 or take -25% wounds from WS5 enemy. Not only will it help to actually kill people unlike Resolve but it will make your troops less likely to even have to take a Ld test. And Vexilla should be enough in that odd situation where you lose anyway.

- As always, there should be a good enough to take regular Contemptor over Cortus. You pay 40pts more for +1BS (irrelevant on Havoc and Toxiferno), +1WS (but Cortus can have Rage or +1I) and negligible 6++ in CC. And I'd say Cortus's rule Unstable Internment could well represent the impact of all horrid experiences the BAs had on Signus, it's like PTSD for Dreadnought.

- At this point I've no idea whether Primus can take normal wargear like other Consuls in Terminator armour or not. I remember some debate over it. If it's legal I'd likely prefer to have Fist on Primus and not pay outrageous 15pts for fist in Nullificators.

Oh, and concerning droping Delegatus. It's very true that 2 HQs in such a small game ia a lot but if you're going for a theme I'd say its acceptable to represent actual commander entrusted with the misssion and the subordinate that is more concerned with dealing with daemons. In any case, TCommand Squad is the most reliable choice of Termis (Fearless, Ws5, 2W Standard bearer for only a tiny price bump) so it's the added benefit of bringing Delegatus.

Edited by Lautrec the Embraced

Looks pretty tight. I'm curious if you'll get good mileage out of Null. They always strike me as underwhelming but for thematic list they sure seem relevant.

I only notice a few possibale tweaks and I'll try to remain in spirit of Signus.

- Resolve is an odd choice for Veteran Tactics. Stubborn is cool, but it's not a deal breaker - it's like that second less important rule that's great to have, but normally you pay heed to other rules first. I get it, Signus Veterans must be quite indomitable, but I'd wager they are also good in melee.

I'd go Weaponsmasters. You don't need stubborn if you ain't losing fights. And you have a metric ton of Axes that wounds on 2s. Jump from WS4 to 5 means you will deal +33% wounds vs WS4 or take -25% wounds from WS5 enemy. Not only will it help to actually kill people unlike Resolve but it will make your troops less likely to even have to take a Ld test. And Vexilla should be enough in that odd situation where you lose anyway.

- As always, there should be a good enough to take regular Contemptor over Cortus. You pay 40pts more for +1BS (irrelevant on Havoc and Toxiferno), +1WS (but Cortus can have Rage or +1I) and negligible 6++ in CC. And I'd say Cortus's rule Unstable Internment could well represent the impact of all horrid experiences the BAs had on Signus, it's like PTSD for Dreadnought.

- At this point I've no idea whether Primus can take normal wargear like other Consuls in Terminator armour or not. I remember some debate over it. If it's legal I'd likely prefer to have Fist on Primus and not pay outrageous 15pts for fist in Nullificators.

Oh, and concerning droping Delegatus. It's very true that 2 HQs in such a small game ia a lot but if you're going for a theme I'd say its acceptable to represent actual commander entrusted with the misssion and the subordinate that is more concerned with dealing with daemons. In any case, TCommand Squad is the most reliable choice of Termis (Fearless, Ws5, 2W Standard bearer for only a tiny price bump) so it's the added benefit of bringing Delegatus.

Thank you!

- I was actually thinking about picking Weaponmasters to build on top of the Legion's ability as an alternate to Stubborn, so I'll swap that out.

- I'm going to stick with the regular Contemptor because it's a hardier and tougher unit. But you definitely make a good point about the reason why a Cortus would make thematic sense, so that's something I can consider if I want to free up points.

- Unfortunately, the Primus can't take any other weapon as from the Aether-shock maul, which is frustrating. But I think I'll keep the two HQs and the Command Squad to maintain the list's theme and push me to do some kitbashing. If I need to free up points while beefing up my HQ, I can upgrade the Delegatus to a Praetor with a Command Squad and drop the Primus.

Edited by Cris R

Cadmus and Lautrec, here’s a refined version of the list that uses elementals of your ideas. I like this version a lot more, especially since it gives me an excuse to finally use my pristine copy of Calth for building my Blood Angels force.

++  Crusade (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [1,499pts] ++

+ HQ: [234pts] +

Delegatus [127pts]: Blade of Perdition [20pts], On Foot, Warlord

. Combi-weapon [7pts]: Combi-weapon: Volkite Charger

. Consul [15pts]

. . Delegatus [15pts]: Master Crafted Weapon, Master of the Legion (See rule for MotL & Command Squads rule), Rite of Command

. Tartaros Pattern Terminator Armour [35pts]: Terminator Armour [35pts]

Nullificator [107pts]: On Foot, Psychic Mastery Level 1 [5pts]

. Cataphractii Pattern Terminator Armour: Terminator Armour [35pts]

. Combi-weapon [7pts]: Combi-weapon: Volkite Charger

. Consul [45pts]

. . Primus Nullificator [45pts]: Aether-shock maul, Credo Annihilato, Hexagrammatic Wards

. Power Weapon: Power Maul

+ Elites: [490pts] +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon [230pts]

. Contemptor Dreadnought, Legion [230pts]: Extra Armour [5pts], Searchlight and Smoke Launchers

. . Dreadnought Chainfist [35pts]: Iliastus Pattern Assault Cannon [25pts]

. . Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon [15pts]: Graviton Gun [15pts]

Terminator Squad, Legion [260pts]: Tartaros Terminator Armour, Legiones Astartes

. Terminator Sergeant, Legion [20pts]: Chainfist [10pts], Combi-Bolter, Grenade Harness [10pts]

. Terminators, Legion [40pts]: Chainfist [10pts], Combi-Bolter

. Terminators, Legion [35pts]: Combi-Bolter, Power Fist [5pts]

. Terminators, Legion [35pts]: Combi-Bolter, Power Fist [5pts]

. Terminators, Legion [45pts]: Plasma Blaster [15pts]

. . Power Weapon: Power Axe

. Terminators, Legion [30pts]: Combi-Bolter

. . Power Weapon: Power Axe

+ Troops: [775pts] +

Nullificators, Legion [265pts]: 4x Aether-shock maul, Cataphractii Terminator Armour, 3x Combi-Bolter, Grenade Harness [10pts], Hexagrammatic Wards, Legiones Astartes, 4x Nullificator [180pts], Toxiferran Flamer [10pts]

. Nullificator Sergeant [20pts]: Thunder Hammer [10pts], Toxiferran Flamer [10pts]

Veteran Tactical Squad, Legion (Compulsory) [255pts]: 9x Bolt Pistol, 7x Bolter, 5x Chainswords/Combat Blades, 2x Heavy Flamer [30pts], Legiones Astartes, 4x Power Sword [40pts], 9x Veteran Space Marines, Legion [108pts], Veteran Tactics: Weaponmasters

. Veteran Sergeant, Legion [25pts]: Artificer Armour [10pts], Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Power Fist [15pts]

Veteran Tactical Squad, Legion (Compulsory) [255pts]: 9x Bolt Pistol, 7x Bolter, 5x Chainswords/Combat Blades, Legiones Astartes, 2x Plasma gun [30pts], 4x Power Axe [40pts], 9x Veteran Space Marines, Legion [108pts], Veteran Tactics: Weaponmasters

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance:   IX: Blood Angels, Loyalist

Rite of War: Chosen Duty

+ Use Playtest Rules +

Use Playtest Rules Errata 1.0 (From FAQ 1.1 Feb/2019): Playtest Rules Errata 1.0 On

+ Warlord Traits +

Warlord Traits

+ Dedicated Transport Restictions +

Dedicated Transports Restrictions: Dedicated transports are part of the parent unit

++ Total: [1,499pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

Edited by Cris R