New-ish

Nazgvl

Practically all standards now have sculpted features (like the current deathwing/ravenwing company command), or a solid mass for applying transfers to (company command squad, dark angels veterans sprue with small backpack banners) but generally the new primaris units have done away with sergeant banners

My suggestion would be looking at printing them, since the old double sided sticker banners have long gone. I think there should still be examples of print templates kicking around on the internet to help out. They shouldn’t look that out of place so long as you use a half decent printer Edited by UtariOnzo

Alternately, you could just cut the backpack banner polls off your sergeants with a hobby knife. That's what I did. I never liked the backpack banners. How did those guys go through doors? And isn't that a good way of telling the enemy, "Hey, I'm important, snipe me!"?

Thought to be fair, I got in the habit of using robed Vets for sergeants, so I suppose any enemy familiar with the First Legion would know who the sergeants were. But at least my sergeants could go through doors!

Alternately, you could just cut the backpack banner polls off your sergeants with a hobby knife. That's what I did. I never liked the backpack banners. How did those guys go through doors? And isn't that a good way of telling the enemy, "Hey, I'm important, snipe me!"?

Thought to be fair, I got in the habit of using robed Vets for sergeants, so I suppose any enemy familiar with the First Legion would know who the sergeants were. But at least my sergeants could go through doors!

I do agree

The DA don't have a way to identify sergeants like in other chapters (different colored helmets or shoulder pads or some icons painted somewhere) and always relied on the back banners first and then on robes

This thing became a problem with the introduction of the primaris that don't have robed bodies or backpack icons/banners and rely only on a little skull on the helmet (a little sword in DA primaris upgrades sprues)

I never liked back banners so i started to identify my sergeants with smaller icons (first i started chopping off the winged skull on top of banner poles and then i started to use the backpack icons from the plastic veterans and RW sprues) and giving the sergeants the robed bodies of the veterans

On the primaris i followed the same approach adapting DA backpack icons from various sources to the primaris models

I do agree

The DA don't have a way to identify sergeants like in other chapters (different colored helmets or shoulder pads or some icons painted somewhere) and always relied on the back banners first and then on robes

This thing became a problem with the introduction of the primaris that don't have robed bodies or backpack icons/banners and rely only on a little skull on the helmet (a little sword in DA primaris upgrades sprues)

I mentioned the lack of robed Primaris Dark Angels in another thread, and some kind soul mentioned Kromlech. Kromlech makes Primaris-sized robed Marine equivalents. I picked up a few and some of the weapons packs I expect to be needing/wanting. I've currently got 3 robed Primaris sergeants in the works, 2 for squads of Intercessors, and 1 for a squad of Assault Intercessors when I get to those guys. 2 more are waiting in the wings to be sergeants of Hellblaster squads.

I recommend using GW robed DA veteran heads with them though. The ones you can get from Kromlech are okay, but I like the GW ones a sight better.

I do agree

I mentioned the lack of robed Primaris Dark Angels in another thread, and some kind soul mentioned Kromlech. Kromlech makes Primaris-sized robed Marine equivalents. I picked up a few and some of the weapons packs I expect to be needing/wanting. I've currently got 3 robed Primaris sergeants in the works, 2 for squads of Intercessors, and 1 for a squad of Assault Intercessors when I get to those guys. 2 more are waiting in the wings to be sergeants of Hellblaster squads.

I recommend using GW robed DA veteran heads with them though. The ones you can get from Kromlech are okay, but I like the GW ones a sight better.

I saw that robed primaris bodies too

I guess i must get some

• 5 months later...

Time for some thread necromancy. Sorry in advance, I didn't think this warranted a new thread.

OK, so I've progressed a bit from when I made this originally, and bought some box sets (indomitus, command edition starter, vanguard marines starter and dark angels combat patrol) plus a handful of other smaller boxes as various christmas gifts (devastators squad, ravenwing command squad, chaplin on bike and Lazarus).

So I have all that's included in those, plus what I listed at the start of this thread.

Which brings me to my new question that I don't seem to see any clear answer on the googles. What space marine units are specifically NOT allowed in a Dark Angels army? I know the 9th edition marine codex (which i finally got my hands on this past week) mentions a couple (no sternguard or vanguard veterans), but there seems to be others like Centurions that are also not allowed, but aren't specifically mentioned.

So yeah, anyone got a list, so i don't buy anything i cant actually use? Heh.

Thanks guys.

Only the ones mentioned in the 9E codex are disallowed to DA and their successors.

Anything else is now available.

Oh? Awesome! I was kinda bummed to hear I couldnt have Centurions, such a cool model.