20200906_185234.jpg

"Born on Mother Fenris millenia ago.

Raised on Mars for his Great Work.

Fought through half the Imperium.

Shall die for the Future of Mankind,

To be laid to rest on Father Skogr."

Now that the summer heat is calming and construction of the house is far enough that I have SOME Hobbytime now and then, the Painting commences once more.

And along the way I want to flash out the Chapter's Story&History with the help of you fine gentlepeople in the Aett.

Edited by RikuEru

Riku!!

Can't wait see your stuff!

Hope you like what you see, even if my painting style is much more basic than yours! :D

Ah yea let’s see some magic!

Magic? How do you know of my Bladeguard Rune-Priest already!?

Rik! Rik! Rik! Rik!

The Bladeguard looks most promising.

Born on Mother Fenris millenia ago.

To be laid to rest on Father Skogr.

This BADASS poem earned a like. Is the "Skogr" it refers to a planet? I looked up the term, and found a Wiktionary article on the Old Norse term for "forest".

The Bladeguard looks most promising.

Born on Mother Fenris millenia ago.

To be laid to rest on Father Skogr.

This BADASS poem earned a like. Is the "Skogr" it refers to a planet? I looked up the term, and found a Wiktionary article on the Old Norse term for "forest".

Thank you!

Yes.

It is the Homeworld of 'my' Chapter.

Also it's named 'Forest' because I envision it like Scandinavia/Northern Europe as a planet, but with a Fauna on Steroids.

Also Skogr sounded... rough enough to be fitting for a Space Marine Chapter, hence they became the "Wolves of Skogr".

If you want a further glimpse at Skogr, the Chapter and some Allies in the future, have a read through my Liber ETL contribution from last year:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/356323-the-mark-of-the-liber-an-etl-vii-story/page-3?do=findComment&comment=5375181

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Some more progress today, added some Contrast to some of the Wraithboned (Hah!) Detail pieces and finished all the purity seals.

To be honest they turned out really nice.

Happy I painted three dozens of those for my Imperial ++××++REDACTED++××++ project. Unintentional practice.

WG5EIWm.jpg

FSPxKV2.jpg

4kBrMEw.jpg

E3Pg8qZ.jpg

Very nmice, where did you get he wolf emblems on the shoulderpads from?

Pop goes the Monkey on Shapeways.

Can only recommend. As someone who sucks with freehand and never tried transfers... they are pure gold.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

jTOaOkY.jpg

"And as he sat down his shield and gazed over the wartorn plains of Ybrik and up to the gaping Rift in the sky, he knew the Indomitus Crusade was over for them.

They had reached the border of Imperium Sanctum. They had brought freedom and hope back to countless besieged worlds under the Emperor's Light. But Imperium Nihilus was still out of reach, behind that veil... if there even was anything 'behind' the Rift."

So that's how far I got for now.

I will need to test some ideas for my new energy weapon style.

Dark frost!? ...or Obsidian blades?

And basing will be done once all are done...

• 4 weeks later...

"...for any conflict might still be resolved peacefully among our clans and tribes, even if there had been brawls with broken bones or debates over broken promises.

But once light shines on a drawn blade, it's inevitable - the night will end early for a looser, while the winner sees the light of a new day. No matter the outcome, both suffer the consequences of their actions."

+++ Parable often told, in various forms, among the Skogran people - Recorded by Em Vargoth, for the Chronicles of the Chapter +++

QvDoEOv.jpg

Slowly chipped away at these boys once or twice a week.

Finally had some time to make some progress today.

Small details with Contrast done.

Tilt shields done.

Shoulders 90% done.

...also might have gone to the GW store for a few paints and a Primaris Chaplain on Bike MIGHT have jumped right into my backpack.

• 3 weeks later...

"The Black Blades produced by the Iron Priests of the Wolves of Skógr mimic the ritualistic knives used by the anointed elders of the planet's common folk in various traditional proceedings. While those simple blades are made from volcanic glass, naturally infused with trace residues of metals, the Chapter's Powerweapons are tempered and layered again and again in a meticulous, prolonged process, until they are deemed perfect for battle.

Once finished, they are both black as the deep void, but at the same time shine with the brilliance of the stars.

+++ Notes partially based on 'The Traditions of the Skógran Savages' by Nester Wayminghe, restored by Em Vargoth, for the Chronicles of the Chapter +++

So, Quarantine is Hobbytime...

TITHI finally finished painting the main 5 of the Bladeguard.

MKzGDwf.jpg

And built this zealous Badass...

hXdtzU7.jpg

With me stuck at home, expect some more progress posts over the next few days!

P4qA3n1.jpg

"When the Wolves of Skógr return home, from a Campaign or Crusade, they never take the shortest route... instead their fleets move in unpredictable, almost inefficent patterns. Some say they want to conceal the coordinates of their Homeworld. Others say they search for something... someone... somewhere..."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1lBvWmF.jpg

Though of the Day: Only those with unquestionable faith in Him can be Champions of Humanity!

PULlyWP.jpg

RiTyxcb.jpg

CzSarXr.jpg

Jf6STBM.jpg

8JFuCwr.jpg

"Facing a single Thane and his men in battle, is to challenge a storm of destruction and carnage. But drawing the attention of two vengeful Thanes..."

GMEKe1n.jpg

patpUhk.jpg

b45tcAy.jpg

"The Banner of Ancient Heritage has been the duty of Bannerbearer Gundar since the earliest days of the Indomitus Crusade. Portraying the Wyrdsigil of the Silver star it has become a token of luck for the Wolves. Hence it is safeguarded by two Honorguards at all times."

I touched up some old models to vring their powerswords up-to-par with my Bladeguards.

Sadly they look... unsatisfying on photos. Anyway... I am happy with them.

Loving your work, Riku!

The "older" colour scheme, the details, the flavor, everything I woild expect and want from proud sons of Russ!

Keep it up! :tu:

• 9 months later...

Over the last few weeks I have been busy with these, to do something different for once:

10 tiny little Hunter-Class Destroyers!

20210729_163903.jpg

And the 3 Frigates take flight!

20210807_134445.jpg

...the Strike Cruiser comes right after.

20210807_134332.jpg

And the Fleet so far...

20210807_134922.jpg

Something big... LOOMS in the future. (...and after that I'll have to figure out how and on what base I put my Hrafnkel...)

20210808_214237.jpg

...I haven't painted anything this heavy since one of the Trolls or the Mumakil for LotR, I think.

Generally I can ONLY recommend getting your hands on some of these old BFG models on ebay or in trade groups, if you can. (*cough* Shapeways... *cough* Tell me which of these were printed and I'll give you a cookie and a horn of mjod!)
They are something... different... to regular Marines. Spraying, Shading and then Drybrushing gets you so damn far with these already. Then you'll just pick out the Details YOU want and do them however you want.
It's something different in style too. The scale gives you a different kick to finishing a new kickass Squad or some Hero of (your own) Legend.
...I finished a damn FLEET of over a dozen Chapter Vessels! And soon a BATTLE-BARGE will follow!
(I guess that's part of the kick for people who do Adeptus Titanicus too!? - ...and to an extent also the people who do Aeronautica Imperialis/Epic)

But... what's happening on the Primaris front!?
Well... uuuh...

KPgZlXO.jpg

142 Primaris Marines (26 of those being Characters/HQs), 2 Ambots for the Iron Priests, 3 Wolves, 3 Landmines.
Not pictured:
...two tanks, two Ogryn Servitors for the Iron Priests, Leman Russ (lying around since the Forgeworld Open Day in Amsterdam where he was first available), Freki & Geri, an unfinished Stormfang/wolf Conversion, unassembled Logan Grimnar on Sled, a Leviathan Dread, far too many (probably just as many) Firstborn I kinda can't be arsed to do anymore. (And Custodes, a few "Adventurers and Allies", a half-finished Imperial Knight...)

Well... enough to keep me occupied, even without new Primaris Releases. Edited by RikuEru

• 8 months later...

So... it has been some time, hasn't it? Now... let me tell you all of what I have been working on (and posting to Instagram a bit more frequently than here - SORRY!)
In part I took newer, better pictures of some old Primaris and Firstborn Minis, many of them from the Last ETL, but also a bunch of stuff I have been working on these past months...

Thane Marnar Ironhail, Defender of Oblaron Hive

h6871vX.jpg

Like most Ultima-Founding Chapters the Wolves of Skogr got a supply of Gravis Armors, though they are reserved for the most-experienced Battle-brothers.
With wisdom and precision these Long Fangs can bring heavy fire support exactly where and when it is needed.

q17OICk.jpg

Despite their bulk and comparitively slow movement, the heavily armored and armed Gravis-Suit of the Aggressor Squads is competently used to give heavy fire support wherever and whenever it is needed on the battlefield.
Sometimes their threatening presence is outright used as a distraction to trap enemies or alow other squads to withdraw. In these situations the Long Fangs use their wisdom and experience to draw as much attention onto themselves, without being overwhelmed or loosing control of the situation.

2VmbHf0.jpg

Reiver Squads are silent hunters, thanks to the blessing of the Mark X Phobos Armour variant. Alongside other Phobos units they are the perfect fit for scouting, guerilla operations, abductions or assassinations.

InI6I57.jpg

Where Reivers stalk at the front of the pack and embody the rush of the chase, Eliminators prey from afar, embodying the patience one needs on the hunt.
These formidable marksmen use cameleoline Camo-Cloaks to hide and wait for a perfect shot, using a variety of specialized ammunition for their Mk.III Shrike Pattern Bolt Sniper Rifles to eliminate their targest at optimal efficiency.

dAYWKsK.jpg

As expected Thanes [Captains] also take to the field in Phobos Armour when needed.
Subtlety and Stealth can be much wiser than outright confrontation after all.

zYhYDFc.jpg

Vanguard operations are often supported by one of the Rune Priests taking to the fields with them. To not break the stealth needed during such missions, they wear specially crafted robes, with protective runes and warding patterns sown into the inside of the fabric.

01iycCz.jpg

Intercessors are the backbone of every Primaris force, the mainline of every Indomitus Founding Chapter. Led into battle by a Huscarl [Wolf Guard/Sergeant] they dare to oppose any enemy they encounter.

jM2HX39.jpg

Huscarls are Veterans of the Chapter who have proven their heroism and talent time and again. Serving as Lieutenants and Sergeants, Bodyguards and Champions they are allowed more freedom in their choice of armament, to perfectly utilize their individual skills and proficiencies.

HhCKeoL.jpg

Relics of the past, like this ancient Chainfist, are obviously regarded with the highest respect among the Chapter. But they are still tools of war, so they belong on the battlefield, not in an Armoriums dusty corner or Museum halls of a Planetary Governor's Spire.

nvZU3p1.jpg

Like many other Chapters the Wolves of Skogr have many talented crafters, artisans and artificers among their rows, who are able to personalize weaponry, craft runic talismans or assemble trophies for themselves and their battle-brothers.

HomESPa.jpg

Depending on their own preferences and the needs of their Thanes, Huscarls can become highly specialized over time - in their weapon mastery and their tactical role, acting as aid and complement to their superior.

Xa7LBTP.jpg

Rune Priests of the Chapter act much like their kin among the Space Wolves.
While they are even more likely to use a personal Psyber Familiar, chosen from a variety of Skogr's species, the main difference is the use of written documents.
As an effort to prove their worth to the Lord-Commander and the Space Wolves Chapter, the Rune Priests are tasked with writing down sagas and deeds of the Chapter's warriors, so they will never be forgotten.

cEtT5mI.jpg

Wolf Priests are taking the role of both Apothecaries and Chaplains among the Wolves of Skogr - the only ones allowed to wear black and wear wolf masks.
Upholding morale and inspiring is just as much their mission, as is keeping the men in-line and on guard, for there's many unseen, treacherous dangers in the galaxy, be it the Warp, Misjudgement or the Ego of a Space Marine.
They see every great deed of heroism and every little mundane failure - and they will surely comment it, when there's time to do so.

zSQfhL6.jpg

Securing and guarding the gene-seed of fallen battle-brothers is their highest honor and main objective on the battlefield.
But unbeknownst to most, their secondary objective is to keep a look on all Wolves of Skogr and be wary of the Curse's influence, so it might be contained... For this reason every Wolf Priest carries atleast one Yimiria Class Stasis Bomb.

iDExLTN.jpg

Not every mission is a success, nor can every oath be honored, if the odds are against you.
...but in some cases there's the possibility of gaining a second chance at... 'life'.
The Iron Priests and Wolf Priests can save a dying Marine, allowing him to eternally serve the Chapter, the Imperium and the Allfather.
After all... duty is eternal.

JFgRk8p.jpg

Both the Indomitus Crusade and the Reclamation and Securing of the 'Emperor's Lance' Macro-Sector took heavy tolls on the Wolves of Skogr and their Brother Chapters.
Only rarely could a Marine with enough tenacity to hold on be saved and interred into a Redemptor Dreadnought. But those that successfully adapted to their new body would go on to wreck havoc among the enemies of the Imperium.

tO5geTx.jpg

Haywire Mines! ...or... how to blow up any Xenos, Heretic and Traitor!
Quite fun to do something tiny and small for once, especially when you can incorporate some "Simon says" buttons.

Apih0nf.jpg

LVypz72.jpg

Incursors of the Wolves of Skogr are the ideal counterpart to Reivers, supplying them with fire support, battle analytics and sensory data. In return Reivers distract and attack the enemy while the Incursors take out important targets, lay Haywire Mines or set up Meltabombs.

1tz4rwS.jpg

Every good Vanguard Force needs a Leader - and the Sons of Russ adapt really well to this role, jumping into the fray with speed, silence... and deadly skills.

sFheQ8M.jpg

LGCZsrP.jpg

As all Chapters of the Ultima Founding, the Wolves of Skogr have incorporated the role of Judiciar into their Forces. As part of the Wolf Priests, he keeps the runts in line, decides on punishments for failures and executes enemies of the Chapter right where they are found.

RjhqQxd.jpg

Grey Slayers are battle-brothers who are embracing the howl of Morkai in their hearts. It is an immense danger and they are carefully watched by the suspicious Wolf Priests, but their effectivity and talent for murder are without question.

cWHWoq6.jpg