Best Primarchs

Whitelion

I thought little of Curze for awhile, as well.  Since the reveal of Erda, my previous pity for him went into overdrive.  Poor guy never had a chance.  You'd have thought the Emperor would have had a special affection for his psychic sons, but it also seemed like he was especially distant towards Curze and Magnus.

It is also interesting that Fulgrim, for all his reputation has not cracked the top 3.

I mean it's fascinating that this thread continues.

We know the best Primarchs, those of us that read and understand what we read.

We know some of the usual suspects won't get away from their bias.

What surprises me is that people don't find the broken Primarchs more interesting.

They are actual characters. They are flawed Demi-Gods.

I'll take Angron and Curze as entities in the setting, as figures that define what 40K means, over say Rob, or Dorn, or Vulkan, every day if the week.

With all due respect I can't imagine a more arrogant and elitist post  ... on something that's opinion based.

To me is not what they are but what they could have been and at the end of the day they must be held responsible for their own decisions. Magnus didn’t really wanna be a bad guy and he good intentions but wow he really screwed up.

Magnus got set up, with Nikea and then with Russ by Horus, Lothar and Erebus, who all knew that if he stayed loyal they couldn't hope to win.

There were 3 Primarchs that the Traitors knew absolutely had to either be turned or kept occupied away from Terra. Magnus, Guilliman and The Lion.

Rik

With all due respect I can't imagine a more arrogant and elitist post ... on something that's opinion based.

It's really not up for debate going by the actual lore.

It's Horus and Sanguinius at the top.

I mean we can all cheer for our Dads being the best, but it's not reality.

You'll also note, I called out the absurdity of this topic on page one. ;)

To me is not what they are but what they could have been and at the end of the day they must be held responsible for their own decisions. Magnus didn’t really wanna be a bad guy and he good intentions but wow he really screwed up.

There's the rub. Did Angron have a choice?

Magnus got set up, with Nikea and then with Russ by Horus, Lothar and Erebus, who all knew that if he stayed loyal they couldn't hope to win.

There were 3 Primarchs that the Traitors knew absolutely had to either be turned or kept occupied away from Terra. Magnus, Guilliman and The Lion.

Rik

You know you’re wrong regarding Magnus - he made a deal with Tzneetch damning his soul to eternal hell.

Scribe I used to be on the fence regarding Angron but looking back he is one of the most degenerate of the lot. And of course two wrongs don’t make a right.

Edited by Black Blow Fly

He made the true bargain with Tzeentch to save his Legion from Russ and friends murdering them all for, ostensibly, trying to save the Emperor. He screwed up but none of it was from malice or corruption. Hell, even now as a daemon it’s not straightforward with him.

=][= This topic started off as a topic asking for the opinions of which Primarch was the best 1 vs 1 fighter out of the lot. The discussion has evolved naturally but definitively off topic, so I am closing it down. =][= Edited by Captain Idaho