Creations of Bile 2,000 Points

Doom Herald

I'm getting ready for a small tournament coming up and wanted to get some feedback as well as ideas where to spend my last few points. Here's my list at present.

[HQ] [Warlord]

Fabius Bile

Lord of Terror

>Acolyte

Total:95

[HQ]

Lord Discordant

Supreme Creation: The Master's Hound

Relic: Talisman of Burning Blood

>Baleflamer

>Technovirus Injector

Khorne

Total:200

[Troop]

10 CSM

>2 Autocannons

Slaanesh

Total: 160

[Troop]

5 CSM

>Powerfist

Khorne

Total: 80

[Troop]

5 CSM

>Powerfist

Khorne

Total: 80

[Elite]

3 Mutilators

Nurgle

Total: 105

[Elite]

3 Mutilators

Nurgle

Total: 105

[Elite]

Helbrute

>2 Power Scourges

Total: 120

[Elite]

Greater Possessed

Relic: Helm of All-seeing

Nurgle

Total: 65

[Fast]

2 Chaos Spawn

Slaanesh

Total: 46

[Fast]

2 Chaos Spawn

Slaanesh

Total: 46

[Heavy]

Defiler

>Twin Lascannon

>Defiler Scourge

Total: 170

[Heavy]

3 Obliterators

Slaanesh

Total: 315

[Heavy]

3 Obliterators

Slaanesh

Total: 315

[summon]

Poxbringer (75)

This leaves me with 23 points and I'm considering either adding a Melta to each 5-man CSM squad and a combi-bolter to the range squad or adding another Spawn and running them as 2 units of 1 and 1 unit of 3. I'm also considering Flamers in the 5-man squads.

Edited by Doom Herald

Troops and spawn move up ahead to go for objectives. Cult of Destruction units wait in deepstrike. 10-man CSM waits in the back/takes nearby objective after getting buffed toughness from Bile. GP summons Poxbringer, everyone else moves up in a loose mob formation.

Lord Discordant advances and charges with charge re-roll and +1 move, advance, and charge. Once he sinks into something he is going to shred and he can likely do it pretty quickly. Helbrute may follow behind as a second wave melee threat.

Macrotensile Sinews allows the CSM squads to move very quickly to deny openent objectives (7" move + 1d6+1 advance + 2d6+1 charge). I may consider dropping one or two spawn to add to these units for survivability. On the other hand, Spawn can assist these squads against tougher enemies.

Mutilators have done surprisingly well in test games, especially with the GP and Herald. They make a nice bodyguard for Bile as well as pack serious melee damage. With the +1S and movement from the legion trait they aren't held back as badly as other factions. Macrotensile Sinews can also help greatly if need be. I might consider starting 1 unit on the board with Bile. I'm looking forward to healing up the Mutilators with the Grandfather's Blessing and Fleshy Abundance from the Poxbringer.

Obliterators do what Obliterators do making use of Endless Cacophony if needed. They also make great objective holders. The defiler does what the defiler does too.

Edited by Doom Herald

Modified my list a bit.

HQs:

Fabius Bile

>Surgeon Acolyte

Lord Discordant [KHORNE]

>Baleflamer

>Master's Hound

>Talisman of Burning Blood

Jump Sorcerer [sLAANESH]

>Force Axe

>Delightful Agonies

>Warptime

Troops:

10 CSM [sLAANESH]

>7 Bolters

>2 Autocannons

>Champion Combi-bolter and chainsword

(X2)

5 CSM [KHORNE]

>4 Chainswords

>Champion with Bolter and Powerfist

Elites:

(X2)

3 Mutilators [NURGLE]

Greater Possessed [NURGLE]

Fast:

(X2) 1 Chaos Spawn [sLAANESH]

3 Choas Spawn [sLAANESH]

Heavy:

(X2) 3 Obliterators [sLAANESH]

Defiler SLAANESH

>Twin Lascannon

>Defiler Scourge

Summon: Poxbringer

I lost my first match to Chaos Knights. We were playing the mission where the objective in your oponent's deployment and in the center are worth additional points. He went first and got control of it before me. I ended up killing all of his Knights, but he still had a unit of heretic guard in the back and was far ahead of me in points.

Second was against Orks and I managed that one. It was rough at first because I made the mistake of sending the Disco at the big vehicles instead of the smaller ones and just scything through them. Turn two though, Obliterators started wiping out Ork vehicles left and right.

Third was against Sisters of Battle. Obliterators shined like always and Mutilators shredded the enemy deepstrikers along with Spawn. By this point I had positions and how to work my units down. It was a little close on points because I picked some bad secondaries, but Psychic ritual saved me.

Defiler was for practical purposes just a turn 1/2 attack sink. Disco Lord worked well enough, he didn't fail to get in combat, even on turn 1. The Sorcerer was key in adding survivability. Single Spawn worked well enough as objective takers while the bigger squad was a beat stick. Mutilators worked best when the one starting on the board went into combat and I dropped a second unit to place as character shields. The Poxbringer helped add power to the Mutilators and was honestly better as a Smiter than healer for the Mutilators. When terrain makes it feasable, I'm definitely using psychic ritual, that was the easiest 15 points I made.

Edited by Doom Herald