Legio Psychedelica

Having played a few games of Titanicus over Lockdown on TTS, I decided to start my own Legion. Known as Legio Psychedelica or the Acid Droppers, so called for the ritual all aspiring Princes must undergo when given command of their first titan. They must take a mind expanding drug and spend 24 hours linked to the machine spirit of their titan before being allowed to command it. If they survive, they become fully fledged Princeps, if not, well they get turned into servitors or Skitarii...

Anyway, 2 Warhounds done and magnetised and a couple of Lancers painted a similar scheme to my 40k House Eagle Knights.

m44UMCk.jpg

vm33hwE.jpg

K7sDCYp.jpg

Beautiful works. Are the Titans' armor mottled because of the camouflage pattern painted on them, or because of psychic and Warp energy washing over their surfaces?

I was going for a marble effect. Like the Legio Astorum colours, but most titan colour schemes are very blocky. I already have that with my Knights, guard and AdMech, so thought I'd do something a bit different!

Beautiful work on the paint, and great tongue-in-cheek background.

Some of the yellow on the plates seems to "merge" with the brass/gold of the trim. A quick sepia line wash might make those stand out a bit better.

Yeah. Was trying to work out which wash around the trims would work best to create some separation. Thought I'd leave it for now and maybe come back to it later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Painted my Warlord now. Mortuus Gratiam or Grateful Dead is all done. Have stuck the Legio Astorum heraldry on as in my head cannon, Psychedelica are an offshoot of Astorum and they wear the heraldry to pay homage to their roots.

5v5tx6L.jpg

qJyc2vx.jpg

Now I just need to find the transfer sheets for the Warhounds and Reavers. They've now been named too, so the Reavers are Purpura Abyssi (Deep Purple) and Immusilius Spiritus (Hawkwind). The Warhounds are Lupus Campestris (Steppenwolf) and Ferrum Papilio (Iron Butterfly)

CInsmoI.jpg

Fine work on the Warlord Titan. Did you name it in honor of the band, or do you simply think "Grateful Dead" sounds cool?

Seeing as it's Legio Psychedelica, all of the titans have had their names taken from bands of either psychedelic rock or acid rock. I just picked names that would suit titans, but the first one that came to mind was Grateful Dead

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...