Imperial fist in v9: what to choose?

BolterZorro

Hi, 

I'm building a little list to get used to v9.  I choose the SM, more precisely the primaris to practise and have good basis. I've also set my choice to the IF supplement. But there are so many things, to read, to analyse, to synergise with ....I've read some blogs also but honnestly I'm a bit lost.

I've already plaid a executioner at 1K points: overkill and not fun for the opponent. Are the dread nice to replace heavy tanks. I have almost everything in term of availability (troops v8, indomitus*2 etc...)

So, what are the best combos, the most used strats, and more important, the best synergies and units? Also, there are so many captain, which one to chose?

Games below 2k points are just not balanced. Go play some 2k ones and your executioner won't be as over bearing for your opponent. Playing melee heavy IF's is not playing to their strengths, BT's or CF's would be better if you want to melee. Best IF lists are 100% shooting IMO

Games below 2k points are just not balanced. Go play some 2k ones and your executioner won't be as over bearing for your opponent. Playing melee heavy IF's is not playing to their strengths, BT's or CF's would be better if you want to melee. Best IF lists are 100% shooting IMO

Well, 1k pts games can be balanced. My next game is 1K pts, so, what are your constructive suggestions in term of units?

Well, 1k pts games can be balanced. My next game is 1K pts, so, what are your constructive suggestions in term of units?

Saying how your opponent felt dunked on just because you took an executioner at 1k points proves my balance point- if it was ok there would be no issue you taking one at 1k points yes? because its balanced? But I digress, intercessors, agressors, redemptors would work and not be as overbearing in a low points game. If you want to dodge the feels bads/ balance issues you don't acknowledge but exist below 2k pts, don't bring knights, repulsor, executioner, centurions, FW dreads at low points games. 

ok. 

I'll put 2*5 intercessors in my list: is it better in bolter assult 3 or stalker heavy 1 ?

Auto Bolters.  Tactical Doctrine is up to 2 turns.  They also work better with Close-Range Bolter Fire/Assault Doctrine.

Also worth considering Bolt Rifles for the Rapid Fire strat.  More shots means more potential 6s to hit, and bonus hits.

ok. 

I'll put 2*5 intercessors in my list: is it better in bolter assult 3 or stalker heavy 1 ?

Auto Bolters.  Tactical Doctrine is up to 2 turns.  They also work better with Close-Range Bolter Fire/Assault Doctrine.

Also worth considering Bolt Rifles for the Rapid Fire strat.  More shots means more potential 6s to hit, and bonus hits.

thank you !

my list is something like this:

PRIMARY DETACHMENT : Space Marines
HQ1 : [seigneur de Guerre] Primaris Captain(1*85), Gantelet énergétique(10), Fusil bolter automatique de maître(5), Relique supplémentaire, Trait supplémentaire, Imperial Fists, -REL- [imperial Fist] L'Oeil d'Hypnoth, -Trait- [imperial Fists] Indomptable, -Trait- [imperial Fists] Main de Dorn [100]
HQ2 : Primaris Chaplain(1*85), -Litanies- Récitation de la Concentration, Imperial Fists, -REL- [Codex] Bénédiction de Fureur [85]
Troup1 : 5 Intercessor Squad(100), 4 Fusil bolter automatique, 4 Fusil bolter Stalker, Imperial Fists, Intercessor Sergeant(0) [100]
Troup2 : 5 Intercessor Squad(100), 4 Fusil bolter automatique, Imperial Fists, Intercessor Sergeant(0) [100]
Elite1 : Redemptor Dreadnought(1*125), 2 Lance-grenades Fragstorm(10), Bolter Storm(3), Canon Gatling Onslaught(20), Macro Incinérateur à Plasma(30), Nacelle lance-roquettes Icarus(5) [193]
Elite2 : 4 Aggressor Squad(120 + 1*40), 3 Lance-grenades Fragstorm(15), Imperial Fists, Aggressor Sergeant(0),  Lance-grenades Fragstorm(5) [180]
FA1 : 3 Inceptor Squad(120), Imperial Fists, Inceptor Sergeant(0) [120]
HS1 : 3 Eradicator Squad(120), Sergent Eradicator(0) [120]
Total detachment : 998

ARMY TOTAL [998]

My question is about the aggressors / inceptors.

The idea is to have a mini castle that advance in the middle of the table: captain+chaplain+redemptor+ agressors+eradicators (those last one will be more static asap). All of this castle is also able to charge.
But I think it is a bit overkill and I'm questioning myself about this:
- 4 agressors then 3 inceptors (bolters)
or
- 3 agressors then 4 inceptors (and eventually with plasma to give them some better impact to TP then kill something important)

what do you think?

I think the list is reasonably solid for now and will give you a good army to learn the game with. There are a couple of things I'd change, like giving the dread a gatling gun instead of plasma - probably. The new codex might improve the plasma gun's damage a bit. For now you're a bit low on anti tank.

The new codex should be with us in a fairly short time now. That will throw even more options at you, I'm almost sorry to say.