Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space Marines - leaks and datasheets (updated)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1043 replies to this topic

Urkh

Urkh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 753 posts
So, do we not yet know of any changes to the power maul profile? I swear I saw it somewhere, but they don't tend to put power mauls in their kits, so they're not on the datasheets.
By performing the Emperor's Will, we will show the Xenos the Emperor's wrath, the Traitor his intolerance, and our brethren what his will actually is!

Thread to my first time painting: http://www.bolterand...howtopic=247791
Battle Report/more paintingThread: http://www.bolterand...howtopic=269066

http://www.fortresso...ates_Banner.jpg
ETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

Juggernut

Juggernut

++ MEDICAE MONTANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,722 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate
I can’t think of a loyalist kit with a power maul. Dark Angels tactical, maybe?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

MagicHat

MagicHat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 605 posts

Death Watch Kill team box have them. And the sulphurhounds comes with one for the leader.

• SufficientAnonymity likes this

Iron Father Imeran Byon

Iron Father Imeran Byon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 577 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

I'm just seeing image codes, no actual images (except for Petitioner's City's post, which shows the image).

Slight tangent but I hope the mods allow it: If you use Firefox (like I do) and only see these weird codes instead of images (like I do) then press right-click on the code and then the middle mouse button on "View Image". The middle mouse button just opens it in a new tab, so you've got the B&C still open to check out another link, compare images, etc.

It should be the same or similar with other browsers.

I don't know exactly what I did, but the images that are only showing weird codes are hosted on Facebook and since I don't use that and Firefox has a special Facebook Container, I guess it prevents them from loading a preview.

But now something on topic: Am I seeing this right and the Invictor's Heavy Bolter is down to one shot only? It's still Heavy, not a Pistol (even though he uses it like one)... weird.

• Dosjetka and Toxichobbit like this

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,396 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

Ravenwing black knights can take a power maul, and possibly the RW champion. I've never seen anyone take one over a Corvus Hammer though.

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Zustiur

Zustiur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 76 posts

Ravenwing black knights can take a power maul, and possibly the RW champion. I've never seen anyone take one over a Corvus Hammer though.
There is no dark angels tactical box. Both the veterans box and the black Knights box have power mauls. Neither looks very good in my opinion.
  • Juggernut likes this

Snazzy

Snazzy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 305 posts
  • Faction: SoH, DIY Fists

Power Axes looking mean.

• Black Blow Fly likes this

Sons of Horus

Corso Legion (DIY Fists)

Builder of 5 previous SM armies.  Power Armor is addictive.

gallery_94427_16628_16366.png

Dusktiger

Dusktiger

++ SCORPIUS CRUENTIFER ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,368 posts
  • Faction: Red Scorpions

While the conversation about power sword-wielding units is interesting, this discussion is veering off topic to the core of the thread's purpose.

Which by the way, is not to discuss whether or not you think a full squad of power swords is competitive.

Stay on topic, or replies are going to have to start playing disappearing acts, gents.

• Skywrath and Daynga-Zone like this

gallery_39941_15774_17416.png
gallery_39941_15774_10019.png
gallery_39941_15774_2977.pnggallery_39941_15774_5816.pnggallery_39941_15774_368.png
gallery_48988_15465_18945.pngtn_gallery_39941_15774_28844.png

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,220 posts
  • Faction: Eagles Eternal

While the conversation about power sword-wielding units is interesting, this discussion is veering off topic to the core of the thread's purpose.

Which by the way, is not to discuss whether or not you think a full squad of power swords is competitive.

Stay on topic, or replies are going to have to start playing disappearing acts, gents.

Would it maybe be possible to split those posts into a new topic?
USMC based Space Marines, the Eagles Eternal check out their WIP blog at The Eagle Spire
gallery_45765_12339_49118.pngETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

Dusktiger

Dusktiger

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,368 posts

yes, i can certainly snip them out and move them to amicus, if there's a request to have it done so the conversation may continue; assuming it will continue in a civil manner, of course.  And then ill clean up the remainder of this thread to avoid confusion.

gallery_39941_15774_2977.pnggallery_39941_15774_5816.pnggallery_39941_15774_368.png

chapter master 454

chapter master 454

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,247 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Justice

You could by your own effort War Angel create a thread about the topic and begin a dicussion fresh and fully focused on the matter. While the moderators are here to keep us on track, if you think its worth the discussion and not just a minor de-railment that a moderator is correcting then feel free to make it so. Moderators are only volunteers and their duties are to keep things on track and the power to split off discussions has imo been used quite heavily recently and we have had to have multiple threads combined. The mods do a good job but we are fellow fraters aren't powerless, we can help by creating the outlets for discussion and thus help keep the forum active.

I doubt all discussion about the matter is needed for a new topic on the matter and the posters of said post could indeed make a new post in the new thread and without concern of de-railment expand their thoughts.

I mean, by all accounts I say this because I am trying to help. Moderators moderate but the content of the site is driven by us: the rank and file fraters. They just make sure we don't go places we shouldn't. Just that I feel moderators have been doing a lot of work when us fraters could of stepped up to the plate. Want a thread? Make a thread.

I mean...I do it, and for things far more trite than discussing tactical application of power weapons.

• Interrogator Stobz, Dusktiger, Juggernut and 3 others like this

I Chapter Master 454, Chapter Master of the Angels of Justice, Warboss of WAAAGH Gubskul, Commander of a Catachan Regiment, Phaeron of a Tomb World, Shas'O to a Cadre and Princeps of a lance of House Taranis hereby pledge that I will not take up any further models til all other prior have been fully built and painted to tabletop standards. There is no time limit for this task, there is no deadline. My oath is to solemnly complete the armies I have now, to see it that they can have their glory. Paint will be stripped from the old in need, thick may it be like ceramite I will see it removed so that plastic and metal alike may see light of new paint. Models yet to be, boxed and in darkness will be assembled with due care and attention. For this task I am permitted to still buy the supplies needed to do my task but not one model more.

http://www.bolterand...one-model-more/ the thread to my oath. My own reminder.

http://www.bolterand...rk-in-progress/ my own chapter
"The objective of playing a game is to win. The point of playing a game is to have fun. Never confuse the two"

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,794 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
Well let’s give dusktiger his due respect he doesn’t need any help as what he said is simply put and thank the Emperor for that .
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,220 posts
  • Faction: Eagles Eternal

You could by your own effort War Angel create a thread about the topic and begin a dicussion fresh and fully focused on the matter. While the moderators are here to keep us on track, if you think its worth the discussion and not just a minor de-railment that a moderator is correcting then feel free to make it so. Moderators are only volunteers and their duties are to keep things on track and the power to split off discussions has imo been used quite heavily recently and we have had to have multiple threads combined. The mods do a good job but we are fellow fraters aren't powerless, we can help by creating the outlets for discussion and thus help keep the forum active.
I doubt all discussion about the matter is needed for a new topic on the matter and the posters of said post could indeed make a new post in the new thread and without concern of de-railment expand their thoughts.

I mean, by all accounts I say this because I am trying to help. Moderators moderate but the content of the site is driven by us: the rank and file fraters. They just make sure we don't go places we shouldn't. Just that I feel moderators have been doing a lot of work when us fraters could of stepped up to the plate. Want a thread? Make a thread.
I mean...I do it, and for things far more trite than discussing tactical application of power weapons.

I don’t have the ability to split threads, and I’m not really involved in the topic, but I’m interested in listing to it.

Stop trying to troll me and insult me by saying I should use abilities I don’t have.
  • Black Blow Fly likes this
USMC based Space Marines, the Eagles Eternal check out their WIP blog at The Eagle Spire
gallery_45765_12339_49118.pngETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,794 posts
I created a new thread in amicuss but is limited to what loyalist Astartes can take .
my 40k FB Page:
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Dusktiger

Dusktiger

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,368 posts

I don’t have the ability to split threads, and I’m not really involved in the topic, but I’m interested in listing to it.

Stop trying to troll me and insult me by saying I should use abilities I don’t have.

War Angel. he was not telling you to split the thread. he was suggesting you, or anyone else, start a new thread to continue the conversation about power swords.  Rather than split the thread, since the mods have been doing this a lot lately.  No one is trolling you, or insulting you.  Just calmly re-read his entire reply and you'll see what he meant.

Edit:

I created a new thread in amicuss but is limited to what loyalist Astartes can take .

i've gone ahead and just split the power swords/mauls/claws topic off into this one. though it looks like the software may have altered the thread somewhat by the timestamps of the posts, so it might be a little confusing at first to read it.

Edited by Dusktiger, 27 August 2020 - 02:24 AM.

• Black Blow Fly, RolandTHTG, chapter master 454 and 4 others like this

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,794 posts

Thanks DT - it is interesting to hear what other fraters have to say .

my 40k FB Page:
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Ascanius

Ascanius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,216 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

It feels weird to me that the Invictus Warsuit and the Redemptor Dreadnought have almost identical statlines, particularly wounds and saves.

• Juggernut and Daynga-Zone like this

Dusktiger

Dusktiger

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,368 posts

right? for something that's lighter armoured and all, i definitely see being -1 Toughness.  but it does seem odd that the wounds and strength of the models are identical.  I would've expected Str/Tou 6, and around.. i dunno, 11 wounds, or so.

Marshal Valkenhayn

Marshal Valkenhayn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 424 posts
  • Faction: Daemons Of Khorne

The warsuit has always sat in a really uncomfortable spot for me. It has more wounds than a standard or Ironclad dreadnought, and is kind of blatantly stat amped in a way that doesn't feel true to what it is. GW made that bed though, so now we sleep in it.

• templargdt, UnkyHamHam and quasistellar like this

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,794 posts

War suit can’t use any Dreadnaught stats so not worth it for me plus the way the roll off works now for 1st turn hurts.

my 40k FB Page:
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Waking Dreamer

Waking Dreamer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 960 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights

The warsuit has always sat in a really uncomfortable spot for me. It has more wounds than a standard or Ironclad dreadnought, and is kind of blatantly stat amped in a way that doesn't feel true to what it is. GW made that bed though, so now we sleep in it.

If we compare those leaked stats to another SM "warsuit" (as in an armoured SM piloting a mech chassis), it has +1W and +1S over the Nemesis Dreadknight. Model/lore wise I don't see it as actually being better in strength or survivability...but maybe because it's also Primaris.
BJyntGN.pngOOq4org.png

Mandragola

Mandragola

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,962 posts
It’s interesting to compare the invictor to the dreadknight, which is arguably the most similar thing to it in function. Weird that it has a better stat line, though to be fair the dreadknight has much better saves.

The difference between T7 and T6 isn’t that huge. The invictor has arguably better guns than a redemptor (especially for armies like my Fists Due to so many heavy shots), can set up in concealed positions, and costs less. The lack of dreadnought strats is an issue, but those strats are better used on a leviathan. To me, the invictor seems like the clearly better option.

You can make other comparisons. An invictor has more wounds and more firepower than a predator, but is an infiltrating walker with a scary CCW. And it costs only 5 points more than the pred. It used to be cheaper, so that’s something.
  • ST.Lazarus likes this

C+C always welcome on my Titanic Plog. Should really be painting Crimson Fists.

gallery_48988_15151_9524.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.pnggallery_48988_16045_14557.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

CrimsonFister

CrimsonFister

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7 posts

Nothing shocking but rhino/razorback was posted on reddit and imgur.

MjglIXj.jpg

• Morticon and CommanderDio like this

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 937 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard/Grey Knights

Hunter killer is S10 now? Or has that always been around? Thought it was like a krak missile at S8.

• Petitioner's City likes this

Lord Raven 19

Lord Raven 19

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 417 posts

Yes hunter killers have changed to S10 from 8, doesn't look like lascannons have changed at all, be interesting to see what happens to them in comparison with other choices.

• Biscuittzz likes this

Lord Raven19

Lord of Deliverence; Scion of Albion; Baron of Camelot; Champion of Mortarion; Lord under Abaddon; Emissary of Szarekh.

Victorus aut Mortis

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (4)