Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space Marines - leaks and datasheets (updated)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1043 replies to this topic

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,035 posts

Slight tangent but I hope the mods allow it: If you use Firefox (like I do) and only see these weird codes instead of images (like I do) then press right-click on the code and then the middle mouse button on "View Image". The middle mouse button just opens it in a new tab, so you've got the B&C still open to check out another link, compare images, etc.
It should be the same or similar with other browsers.

I don't know exactly what I did, but the images that are only showing weird codes are hosted on Facebook and since I don't use that and Firefox has a special Facebook Container, I guess it prevents them from loading a preview.

But now something on topic: Am I seeing this right and the Invictor's Heavy Bolter is down to one shot only? It's still Heavy, not a Pistol (even though he uses it like one)... weird.

That's sorted it, cheers :)

Oddly enough I regularly open images in another window using that technique, but I never thought to try it for the image codes.

I'd also noticed that it was images hosted on FB. It never occured to me that it was the new Firefox FB container that was causing the issue, but it started happening just after they introduced the container and now I check back, only with FB hosted images.

Hopefully I can pass this info forwards to someone else.

• Iron Father Imeran Byon likes this

Dusktiger

Dusktiger

++ SCORPIUS CRUENTIFER ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,368 posts
  • Faction: Red Scorpions

Nothing shocking but rhino/razorback was posted on reddit and imgur.

updated the first post. thanks!

gallery_39941_15774_17416.png
gallery_39941_15774_10019.png
gallery_39941_15774_2977.pnggallery_39941_15774_5816.pnggallery_39941_15774_368.png
gallery_48988_15465_18945.pngtn_gallery_39941_15774_28844.png

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,703 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Was this from a Razorback box, or a Rhino Box, as the fact that they are combined may signify perhaps the end of the Rhino box as a standalone? It was always a massive waste of money when compared to the Razorback, as the Razorback was only a couple of pounds more for the extra frame, and you can swap between the two without even needing magnets.

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Cap'm Heckus

Cap'm Heckus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 630 posts
  • Faction: Agamemnos PDF; Space Badgers
Yeah, my rhinos are all also razorbacks with the exception of the ones that are also whirlwinds.
  • Brother Adelard likes this

" We have failed to uphold Brannigan's Law. However I did make it with a hot alien babe. And in the end, is that not what man has dreamt of since first he looked up at the stars?"  -Captain Zapp Brannigan

gallery_29004_6198_4761.pnggallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.png

Herbington

Herbington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 26 posts

Was this from a Razorback box, or a Rhino Box, as the fact that they are combined may signify perhaps the end of the Rhino box as a standalone? It was always a massive waste of money when compared to the Razorback, as the Razorback was only a couple of pounds more for the extra frame, and you can swap between the two without even needing magnets.

I think that happened when they reboxed it last year anyway.
  • Brother Adelard likes this

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,703 posts

I think that happened when they reboxed it last year anyway.

Oh, yeah! https://www.games-wo...ines-Rhino-2019 That does make a lot more sense.

• Herbington likes this

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,625 posts

I can’t think of a loyalist kit with a power maul. Dark Angels tactical, maybe?

DA Veterans have a powermaul and also Ravenwing Black Knights and Deathwatch Veterans

• Juggernut likes this
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,383 posts
What happened to the dual assault cannons and las plas?

"Honor the Legion" - Warcry and Motto of the Legion of the Iron Lions.
k0EYErV.pnggallery_26154_15777_7413.png

dicebod

dicebod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 154 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch, VII Legion

What happened to the dual assault cannons and las plas?

Those loadouts aren't available in the box, so they wouldn't be listed in these rules.  

++SUFFER NOT THE ALIEN TO LIVE.++

++UNLESS SHE'S CUTE++

https://www.instagram.com/dicebod

gallery_45765_12908_58195.png  ETL_VI_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment_.jpg

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,703 posts
And the Las Plas you would never take anyway! One overcharge fail and you kill a Razorback!

Edited by Brother Adelard, 27 August 2020 - 08:41 PM.

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,035 posts

And the Las Plas you would never take anyway! One overcharge fail and you kill a Razorback!

I have the metal turret and I like to live dangerously. You can't tell me what to do!

• Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, Marshal Loss, templargdt and 4 others like this

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,703 posts
No, but I do want to play against you!

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,035 posts

No, but I do want to play against you!

You might regret that. I don't know where the button to switch off plasma Supercharge is :P

• Black Blow Fly likes this

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,703 posts
I just wanna sit back and watch Razorbacks cook off like popcorn!

[Alright, yeah, I know. Topic.]

Edited by Brother Adelard, 27 August 2020 - 09:36 PM.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,779 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

XkglO2N.png

Devastators. Looks like there are numerous mistakes in here (see e.g. multi-melta). A point of interest is that the thunder hammer here is only Sx2 AP-2, D3.

rCsoqE7.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

chapter master 454

chapter master 454

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,247 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Justice

So many errors. Yikes. Some would seem more benign if they weren't so odd. Grav-Cannon to 30" range? I mean unless the grav-amp suddenly found some duracells. Multi-Melta with D3 shots and thunder hammer damage 3.

Some devastating errors there.

• Borbarad, Nusquam and Are Verlo like this

I Chapter Master 454, Chapter Master of the Angels of Justice, Warboss of WAAAGH Gubskul, Commander of a Catachan Regiment, Phaeron of a Tomb World, Shas'O to a Cadre and Princeps of a lance of House Taranis hereby pledge that I will not take up any further models til all other prior have been fully built and painted to tabletop standards. There is no time limit for this task, there is no deadline. My oath is to solemnly complete the armies I have now, to see it that they can have their glory. Paint will be stripped from the old in need, thick may it be like ceramite I will see it removed so that plastic and metal alike may see light of new paint. Models yet to be, boxed and in darkness will be assembled with due care and attention. For this task I am permitted to still buy the supplies needed to do my task but not one model more.

http://www.bolterand...one-model-more/ the thread to my oath. My own reminder.

http://www.bolterand...rk-in-progress/ my own chapter
"The objective of playing a game is to win. The point of playing a game is to have fun. Never confuse the two"

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 930 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

I sense alot THAT GUY players popping up reading RAW before any errors are fixed... Yikes with these errors

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 334 posts

So many errors. Yikes. Some would seem more benign if they weren't so odd. Grav-Cannon to 30" range? I mean unless the grav-amp suddenly found some duracells. Multi-Melta with D3 shots and thunder hammer damage 3.

This makes me wonder if the 4 damage thunder hammer was the mistake, and this is correct.  That actually seems more likely to me.  Maybe the heavy thunder hammer is 4 damage?  I can't remember if those are included in the van vets kit.

• SufficientAnonymity likes this

dicebod

dicebod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 154 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch, VII Legion

This makes me wonder if the 4 damage thunder hammer was the mistake, and this is correct.  That actually seems more likely to me.  Maybe the heavy thunder hammer is 4 damage?  I can't remember if those are included in the van vets kit.

I think the heavy hammer only comes in the Deathwatch kit.

But yeah...It's not like this is rocket science.  Pretty shoddy, even if all of these are superseded by the eventual codex.

++SUFFER NOT THE ALIEN TO LIVE.++

++UNLESS SHE'S CUTE++

https://www.instagram.com/dicebod

gallery_45765_12908_58195.png  ETL_VI_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment_.jpg

UnkyHamHam

UnkyHamHam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 611 posts
  • Faction: The Emperor's Blades
I put money on the Grav Cannon and Thunder Hammer being more or less correct. Part of me really hopes these are true. Toned down hammers will be better for the game.

The Multi-Melta looks like they accidentally used the Heavy Flamer profile on the MM range. An easy mistake, in my opinion.

The Emperor Protects.

"Alpha within, Alpha without."  "The Flesh is Alpha."  "Ave Alpharius Nox."

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,774 posts
  • Faction: The Deleted.

Kinda weird. 
Almost wondering if every unit gets it's own weapons stats but I thought GW had said otherwise. Must be some errors or just play out of the box strangeness. 

uberwolve 15/01/03 - 6/18/17  username replaced 

http://warhead01.blogspot.com/
Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

Juggernut

Juggernut

++ MEDICAE MONTANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,722 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate
Jeez... why bother, if they can’t be bothered to proofread? Codex can’t come quickly enough!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,703 posts
They also forgot a Krak profile for the ML.
  • Warhead01 likes this

SydonianDragoon404

SydonianDragoon404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 792 posts

I think this just shows we can't go by anything we've seen from the instructions sheets and we'll just have to wait for the codex. 

• Warhead01 and Dracos like this

Mandragola

Mandragola

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,962 posts

I think this just shows we can't go by anything we've seen from the instructions sheets and we'll just have to wait for the codex. 

Pretty much, yes. All this speculation is going to look pretty foolish given how many errors these sheets have. 

There are some things we can probably trust, like if multiple sources agree. It seems like heavy stubbers are going up to 4 shots, for example. But D4 on the thunder hammer always seemed a bit too strong for me, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was a mistake.

• Warhead01, dicebod, SufficientAnonymity and 1 other like this

C+C always welcome on my Titanic Plog. Should really be painting Crimson Fists.

gallery_48988_15151_9524.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.pnggallery_48988_16045_14557.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users