Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space Marines - leaks and datasheets (updated)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1043 replies to this topic

Iron Father Imeran Byon

Iron Father Imeran Byon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 578 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

You heard it here first! Multimelta gets his dispersed mode back and becomes a 24" Heavy Flamer without auto-hit if you want to... /s

• Warhead01 and mel_danes like this

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts

You heard it here first! Multimelta gets his dispersed mode back and becomes a 24" Heavy Flamer without auto-hit if you want to... /s

Oh great, another thing Tau get to complain about ;)

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,827 posts
  • Faction: The Deleted.

Hope that's true. Land speeders just became amazing if it's true!

uberwolve 15/01/03 - 6/18/17  username replaced 

http://warhead01.blogspot.com/
Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,184 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE

Oh great, another thing Tau get to complain about ;)
What do you have against Tau’va ?
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Sarges

Sarges

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 251 posts

And now for a flying brick:
LrVWTvQ.jpg
9aZXoSb.jpg

• Oxydo likes this

L30n1d4s

L30n1d4s

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,188 posts
  • Faction: Celestial Lions
Plasma Cannon is Dmg2 base, Dmg3 overcharged... is this new, or a typo I wonder.

On the Plasma Cannon profile from the Devastator box it is only Dmg1 / Dmg2 Overcharged.... unless the SRG has a new special "Heavy" Plasma Cannon, then one of these is wrong.

Edited by L30n1d4s, 28 August 2020 - 08:36 PM.

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,085 posts

Plasma Cannon is Dmg2 base, Dmg3 overcharged... is this new, or a typo I wonder.

Nobody knows. Not even GW, judging by the state of these datasheets.

The way things are going I'm expecting to see an entry in the Marine Codex for Primarch Ghazgkull, returned from the Eye of Terror to lead his Necron subjects.

• The Blood Raven, Cruor Vault, Larkyn and 9 others like this

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,808 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion
Man I thought the 4 shots twin multimelta was a typo and I was ready to cash in on the comedy. Then I remembered thats actually the new stats...

As for the plasma, the raven has "heavy plasma cannons" which could explain the difference in damage.
  • ST.Lazarus likes this

Spagunk

Spagunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,154 posts

So heavy PCs might actually have it's own different profile? Terribly interesting.

For context, Heavy Plasma Cannons and standard Plasma Cannons (at least in the BA codex) have the same stats except the heavy just dispenses a mortal wound while the standard kills the bearer outright. So maybe they're replacing the overcharge option with one rule and then separating each through stats?

Edited by Spagunk, 28 August 2020 - 09:03 PM.

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_40907_9492_4019.gifgallery_62972_10568_7658.jpggallery_62972_10568_31437.jpg

I am on Instagram now! Follow me at https://www.instagra...warhamsandwich/

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,085 posts

The macro plasma incinerator (Redemptor Dreadnought) and heavy plasma incinerator (Hellblasters) are both 2 damage pre-supercharge. It might well be that plasma cannons are all going up to 2 damage, whether they're the heavy version or not and the damage 1 on the Devastators is a typo. That would match with the Primaris versions.

Of course, the rest of the Devastator datasheet is really accurate with absotutely no typos rolleyesclean.gif , so who knows.

Arkhanist

Arkhanist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,251 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, GSC, Death Guard

GW Intern: "Hey, I'm kinda bored here, anything I can do?"

GW DTP guy: "Here, you can practise on the the devastators datasheet, nobody ever buys *them* any more."

gallery_53969_15812_3395.gif gallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg gallery_48988_15465_4294.png gallery_48988_15094_4883.png

chapter master 454

chapter master 454

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,279 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Justice

GW Intern: "Hey, I'm kinda bored here, anything I can do?"

GW DTP guy: "Here, you can practise on the the devastators datasheet, nobody ever buys *them* any more."

-looks at the box of devastators he bought last week- "shhh my little plastic babies, daddy still loves you"

• Triszin, Slave to Darkness, Lord Blacksteel and 3 others like this

I Chapter Master 454, Chapter Master of the Angels of Justice, Warboss of WAAAGH Gubskul, Commander of a Catachan Regiment, Phaeron of a Tomb World, Shas'O to a Cadre and Princeps of a lance of House Taranis hereby pledge that I will not take up any further models til all other prior have been fully built and painted to tabletop standards. There is no time limit for this task, there is no deadline. My oath is to solemnly complete the armies I have now, to see it that they can have their glory. Paint will be stripped from the old in need, thick may it be like ceramite I will see it removed so that plastic and metal alike may see light of new paint. Models yet to be, boxed and in darkness will be assembled with due care and attention. For this task I am permitted to still buy the supplies needed to do my task but not one model more.

http://www.bolterand...one-model-more/ the thread to my oath. My own reminder.

http://www.bolterand...rk-in-progress/ my own chapter
"The objective of playing a game is to win. The point of playing a game is to have fun. Never confuse the two"

Amon777

Amon777

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 95 posts
Humm, the multi-melta has double the shots as expected but just the D6 damage and not D6+2.

Plasma also seems to have it's overcharged profile which is strange because hellblasters didn't.

Very strange inconsistencies with these datasheets and not just typos.

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,261 posts
  • Faction: Eagles Eternal

Humm, the multi-melta has double the shots as expected but just the D6 damage and not D6+2.
Plasma also seems to have it's overcharged profile which is strange because hellblasters didn't.
Very strange inconsistencies with these datasheets and not just typos.

The +2 is only when within half range, so it’s a special feature of the weapon, and not on these data sheets.

Feel like it’s been mentioned numerous times that special abilities are not on these sheets.
  • Warhead01, Black Blow Fly, Iron Father Imeran Byon and 2 others like this
USMC based Space Marines, the Eagles Eternal check out their WIP blog at The Eagle Spire
gallery_45765_12339_49118.pngETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,053 posts
In the same way the necron heat ray doesn't have any melta rules. These sheets are by no way complete, just gives us a flavour of what's coming. If it's the case in October I'd be amazed
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

RWJP

RWJP

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts
  • Faction: Storm Watch

Couple of interesting comments from the recent Auspex Tactics video on the Devastator datasheet:

Just to mention it has been pointed out to me that there are some weird discrepancies with the Japanese name of the unit, apparently it reads 'Redemptor Dreadnought'. It might be a GW copy-paste error, but it's not impossible that the datasheet is a fake.

@Auspex Tactics - My uncle works for GW and when I pointed this out to him he asked, “Can you tell me where specifically the data sheet you’re talking about is wrong?” I showed him and he stated that it was some kind of initiative to stop leaks and that various places got specifically incorrect data sheets in order to weed out suspected leakers. Just a heads up to protect your sources.

Obviously there is no way of knowing if random internet commenter's uncle really does work for GW, but the idea of an actually concerted effort to weed out leakers using fake datasheets is plausible.

I think we need to take all new datasheet leaks with a massive pinch of salt unless a Frater from this forum actually goes out and buys a kit themselves.

• UnkyHamHam likes this

Current Forces:

The Storm Watch - WIP Custom Space Marine Chapter

1st Atrian Rifles - WIP Astra Militarum Regiment

Ultramarines - Warhammer Conquest Subscription

Death Guard - Warhammer Conquest Subscription

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,842 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
But in the context of datasheets from boxes, that makes no sense? As I argued above, these aren't leaks in the usual sense, they are the actual releases.
  • Black Blow Fly and Iron Father Imeran Byon like this

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 381 posts

Couple of interesting comments from the recent Auspex Tactics video on the Devastator datasheet:

Just to mention it has been pointed out to me that there are some weird discrepancies with the Japanese name of the unit, apparently it reads 'Redemptor Dreadnought'. It might be a GW copy-paste error, but it's not impossible that the datasheet is a fake.

@Auspex Tactics - My uncle works for GW and when I pointed this out to him he asked, “Can you tell me where specifically the data sheet you’re talking about is wrong?” I showed him and he stated that it was some kind of initiative to stop leaks and that various places got specifically incorrect data sheets in order to weed out suspected leakers. Just a heads up to protect your sources.

Obviously there is no way of knowing if random internet commenter's uncle really does work for GW, but the idea of an actually concerted effort to weed out leakers using fake datasheets is plausible.

I think we need to take all new datasheet leaks with a massive pinch of salt unless a Frater from this forum actually goes out and buys a kit themselves.

The whole "my uncle works for" is a an Internet joke..

As you can go out and buy the units in the shop right now with the new datasheets how would it help to weed out leakers. Gw has quality assurance issues with their writing all the time, it's just that. No grand plan.

Edited by ST.Lazarus, 30 August 2020 - 07:59 AM.

• Black Blow Fly, Juggernut, Iron Father Imeran Byon and 1 other like this

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,132 posts
Yeah their uncle works in the mullarkey department
  • Black Blow Fly, Raven1, Juggernut and 1 other like this

chapter master 454

chapter master 454

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,279 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Justice

Yeah their uncle works in the mullarkey department

Head of Shenanigans, Ph.D in Tomfoolery :D

• Dark Shepherd likes this

I Chapter Master 454, Chapter Master of the Angels of Justice, Warboss of WAAAGH Gubskul, Commander of a Catachan Regiment, Phaeron of a Tomb World, Shas'O to a Cadre and Princeps of a lance of House Taranis hereby pledge that I will not take up any further models til all other prior have been fully built and painted to tabletop standards. There is no time limit for this task, there is no deadline. My oath is to solemnly complete the armies I have now, to see it that they can have their glory. Paint will be stripped from the old in need, thick may it be like ceramite I will see it removed so that plastic and metal alike may see light of new paint. Models yet to be, boxed and in darkness will be assembled with due care and attention. For this task I am permitted to still buy the supplies needed to do my task but not one model more.

http://www.bolterand...one-model-more/ the thread to my oath. My own reminder.

http://www.bolterand...rk-in-progress/ my own chapter
"The objective of playing a game is to win. The point of playing a game is to have fun. Never confuse the two"

Captain Idaho

Captain Idaho

++ ARGENTARIUS IRACUNDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 17,750 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
So it seems this has dried up somewhat. Does anyone know of a site still reporting new information we can add to this topic?

Or I might just have to buy some "Relic" Terminators that are repackaged so I get the new rules ;)
I've started up a new YouTube channel! Please support me as I attempt to grow it.

Serious Geeks

tychobi

tychobi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 646 posts

But in the context of datasheets from boxes, that makes no sense? As I argued above, these aren't leaks in the usual sense, they are the actual releases.

Are they? Anyone tried using these sheets in a competative game? To me these data sheets just muddy the rules and make the game seem like a joke.

Kill Maim Destroy

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,842 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
They're the instructions in the boxes as currently released. But they won't go 'live' until the codex is released.
  • tychobi likes this

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Matrindur

Matrindur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 58 posts

20200902_183952.jpg

Don't think we had this yet

Edited by Matrindur, 03 September 2020 - 05:44 AM.

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,597 posts
  • Faction: Sentinels

Those Land Raiders have single shot multi-meltas.

The Sentinels
Chapter Command ([1]), Throne Company, Grail Company ([1], [2], [3]), Lance Company, Sword Company ([1], [2]), Dagger Company, Shield Company, Sigil Company, Tome Company, Storm Company, Shadow Company.

Current projects: Lance Company - Land Speeder TYPHOOOOOOON

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users