The Good, The Bad, The Aeldari - Event now closed

TrawlingCleaner

Wow, compltions already! Good going. Loving whats been done so far!

Progress for me has been frustratingly slow as I await a paint delivery. What I have managed is to start on the heads and hair.

med_gallery_141590_15861_142387.jpg

Question. If I were to vow something from each faction would I be eligible for all badges? Me likely a badge (as can be seen from my sig!)

Great progress so far! I love the blue :wub:

Yes the idea was that you can take the badges for the factions you complete vows for, for example:

If you complete a vow for Craftworlds then later re-vow and complete a vow for 'quins, you can take one or both

Haha! I also have a completion

gallery_77459_16632_676655.jpg

He isn't perfect, but good enough for my standard :D forgot to do the rim before washing my glue-y brush, so that'll have to wait

med_gallery_77459_16632_781950.jpgmed_gallery_77459_16632_802774.jpg

Congrats on the progress everyone, some lovely models and colour schemes coming out!

I was wondering if I was looking at some strange new spore mine that had creeped into the picture for a moment there :P Great to see so much good work already I also need to make some progress but my other painting projects are done now so all painting time is free for my DE :) The question is as ever what time that can be found to be said painting time... :lol:

Haha! I also have a completion

He isn't perfect, but good enough for my standard :biggrin.: forgot to do the rim before washing my glue-y brush, so that'll have to wait

med_gallery_77459_16632_781950.jpgmed_gallery_77459_16632_802774.jpg

Congrats on the progress everyone, some lovely models and colour schemes coming out!

The Purple on your Farseer is ace! Great completion Doctor.

Any chance of a Re-vow? :biggrin.:

I was wondering if I was looking at some strange new spore mine that had creeped into the picture for a moment there :tongue.: Great to see so much good work already I also need to make some progress but my other painting projects are done now so all painting time is free for my DE :smile.: The question is as ever what time that can be found to be said painting time... :laugh.:

Woo! I'm looking forward to seeing some DE progess :happy.:

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

I got the flesh and flayed skins completed on my squad.

20200921 152723

I've run into an issue stemming from this being a refurbish army.  When i last painted i was using the old Citadel Foundations line of paint.  I switched to Vallejo Game Color recently for cost, longevity and inbuilt droppers.  It is a little hard to see in the below picture, but there is a slight difference in tone between JGC Hot Orange in the middle, and CF Blazing Orange seen on the two Wyches on the end.  The bigger problem is that the JGC has much more gloss to it.  this squad, and any future models will stick out in the rest of my army.  So, i'm contemplating ways to dull the gloss.

20200921 152606

20200921 152825

My next dilemma is what color to paint the hair.  My paint collection is limited at this time.  I might cheat and keep it black.

If its not for a particular force. Then why not do 2 different schemes!?

Look forwards to seeing them. Scourges are such cool models.

Maybe do one a light scheme and the other a darker?

Edited by Captain Coolpants

Also, Heat Lances.  Nice.

Since I have no idea which weapon is which, I went by 'this looks like something I'd want to use in Warframe'. After all, Dark Eldar are some kind of murderous space ninjas from an ancient race with mysterious technology that raid the established forces, right?

Also, I got totally carried away painting and (thanks to vacation) got them completed! Which scheme do you prefer?

boQtcAN.jpg

OCLnaFq.jpg

7EQ5TgC.jpg

niiice! Loving both themes! Lovely work on the wings too. Im far too lazy to do something like highlight each feather haha.

I think the lighter armour with the red is my favourite.

Very fast completion time as well!

Edited by Captain Coolpants

Really nice work, TPS! (And +1,000,000 for the Warframe reference.)

I finally got my magnets in, after considerably more effort than anticipated. Wraithblades aren't hard to magnetize, exactly, but it's fiddly work. Especially considering the mold line cleaning that I do basically concurrently. The process ended up stretching out over six separate sessions, because that's all the attention span I could muster. On the bright side, once the magnets were in, it was pretty trivial to complete the assembly stage.

Assembled

I left Vengeance Scream's arms off to show the magnets, but it's not all that clear.

On to primerizing.
Edited by Greywing

The Purple on your Farseer is ace! Great completion Doctor.

Any chance of a Re-vow?

Sorry mate, I'm slowly continuing work on the other characters I started alongside the farseer, as well as a crimson hunter, but they're no longer free of paint so not vowable :P

Also, Heat Lances. Nice.

Since I have no idea which weapon is which, I went by 'this looks like something I'd want to use in Warframe'. After all, Dark Eldar are some kind of murderous space ninjas from an ancient race with mysterious technology that raid the established forces, right?

Also, I got totally carried away painting and (thanks to vacation) got them completed! Which scheme do you prefer?

Blimey they're both lovely schemes!

While I agree with warriorfish that the contrasting white and red really stands out, the analogous teal and purple scheme looks lovely on dark Eldar!

@TPS I vote for a squad of both! Great schemes, the bone is bolder and I think more successful due to the high contrast and reduced palette but the teal/purple is a combo I also really like (have used on my Eldar previously) Is there an army coming out of this exercise?

It always amazes me how quickly you knock minis out TPS! Loving both but I like the dark brooding scheme more. The wings are brilliant!

Little more progress. I've done the heads, accidentally used gloss varnish so need to dampen down the shine. Also got fed up waiting for my paint delivery so went to a geedubs and bought what I needed. Base coat and wash applied.

med_gallery_141590_15861_654982.jpg

Well there has been some amazing progress so far, a real joy to read-through the thread and see so many great models.

Captain Coolpants, stunning Corsairs!

TPS, love the Scourges, both schemes are great.

So after rummaging around some of the older parts of my collection, and some quality time on ebay (originally to find some replacement parts for broken metal, but then I found some other stuff as well) I now present my entry for this event:

I, Trokair, vow by to complete one Epic Warlock Titan, who is protected by two Epic Bright Stallion Knight, and lastly (the youngest of the lot) one Dark Reaper Exarch (just because I felt like painting one) before November 14th.

gallery_29932_13461_14627.jpg

Now I just need to strip them, glue them and have good weather for undercoating, then the fun can begin.

boQtcAN.jpg

Oh my, these are gorgeous. :wub: Great job! and the first DE completion no less!

Really nice work, TPS! (And +1,000,000 for the Warframe reference.)

I finally got my magnets in, after considerably more effort than anticipated. Wraithblades aren't hard to magnetize, exactly, but it's fiddly work. Especially considering the mold line cleaning that I do basically concurrently. The process ended up stretching out over six separate sessions, because that's all the attention span I could muster. On the bright side, once the magnets were in, it was pretty trivial to complete the assembly stage.

I left Vengeance Scream's arms off to show the magnets, but it's not all that clear.
On to primerizing.

Great work on the magnetising Greywing! I need to do that for my Wraithguard when I get to them :biggrin.:

It always amazes me how quickly you knock minis out TPS! Loving both but I like the dark brooding scheme more. The wings are brilliant!

Little more progress. I've done the heads, accidentally used gloss varnish so need to dampen down the shine. Also got fed up waiting for my paint delivery so went to a geedubs and bought what I needed. Base coat and wash applied.

med_gallery_141590_15861_654982.jpg

Great job on the blue, the red is looking great too. Looking forward to more progress :biggrin.:

Well there has been some amazing progress so far, a real joy to read-through the thread and see so many great models.

Captain Coolpants, stunning Corsairs!

TPS, love the Scourges, both schemes are great.

So after rummaging around some of the older parts of my collection, and some quality time on ebay (originally to find some replacement parts for broken metal, but then I found some other stuff as well) I now present my entry for this event:

I, Trokair, vow by to complete one Epic Warlock Titan, who is protected by two Epic Bright Stallion Knight, and lastly (the youngest of the lot) one Dark Reaper Exarch (just because I felt like painting one) before November 14th.

gallery_29932_13461_14627.jpg

Now I just need to strip them, glue them and have good weather for undercoating, then the fun can begin.

Epic is a curveball but definitely a welcome one! Welcome aboard Trokair :happy.: