The Good, The Bad, The Aeldari - Event now closed

TrawlingCleaner

I'm still unpacking but I'm sure I can find something to add to this! As much as indomitus has finally given me a 'modern' project to work on I do have a back catalogue of aeldari to close out too :) (alongside all the other back catalogue projects!)

I pledge to paint these members of Craftworld Laenyrchal-

2x Wraithlords

bjn4i5f.jpg

4x War Walkers

IQ25HC2.jpg

Along with their various heavy weapons, which are magnetized and not pictured...

Edited by Lord_Ikka

Because my brain hates me. I was awake rather early this morning.

So thought I'd slap on the 2 most prevalent base colours. And threw a wash on them. And post this progress pic.

The lack of corsair mention in the latest warhammer book updates has definitely knocked my enthusiasm for the models though

Edited by Captain Coolpants

I'd like to. But I'm already very deep into my grey knights project.

But I have a fair amount of Eldar corsairs to finish!

If you complete and Corsairs and want a Cosair badge, I'm happy to make you one. Same goes for Exodites :wink:
Heck! Since you've been nice enough to offer, then I can't really say no can I? lol.

So I, captain coolpants, shall vow this 5 man unit of space pirate corsair skweavers.

I won't be properly panting the bases though, as I haven't decided what I want for the army yet (thinking maybe snow, but not sure).

gallery_80056_16041_280475.jpg

It would be rude not to :wink: Very cool to see Corsairs and to see your update too with the start of your scheme, orange is very under-represented. Great stuff!

With a 3 to 1 swing to the banshees;

I, Dwango, vow to complete 1 unit of 5 Howling Banshees, inc exarch, and the pheonix lord Jain Zar before November 14th

med_gallery_141590_15861_224753.jpg

Welcome aboard Dwango!

I, Dread, vow to complete 1 unit of 5 Howling Banshees inc exarch by Nov 14.

20200912-112322.jpg

More Banshees, I love it :wub: Can't wait to see where this goes mate!

I pledge to paint these members of Craftworld Laenyrchal-

2x Wraithlords

bjn4i5f.jpg

4x War Walkers

IQ25HC2.jpg

Along with their various heavy weapons, which are magnetized and not pictured...

The enemies of Craftworld Laenyrchal shall be crushed under mechanical cloven hooves! can't wait to see these!

I'm blown away by how many people want to participate, can't wait to see completions!

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

I suppose I should also vow something, I was trying to figure out a scheme for my Dire Avengers and now I've got it down, I'm ready to vow!

I, TrawlingCleaner, vow to complete 10 Dire Avengers by November 14th

(heads sprayed seperately)

LFNyMIF.jpg

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

I, Greywing, vow to complete one unit of five Wraithblades before November 14th.

B&CEldarPledge

Ugh, I just realized I wrote the wrong date on the post it. Anyway, I'm going with the axe and shield loadout, but the arms will be magnetized. I'm also going to try to pull off some kind of power weapon/energy glow, which is a little out of my comfort zone--I'm a rudimentary painter at best.

Yesterday's progress:

• painted the death jester's cape to prep for airbrush
  • shadowseer progress day 1 is mostly blocking in some colors and placing too subtle highlights on the blue streamers

gallery_2133_16545_234007.jpg

gallery_2133_16545_965594.jpg

Please let me know if you prefer simple hyperlinks over these large images.

Edited by The Blood Raven

Wow nice to see Aeldari coming out of the woodwork ;-) , I’ve base

coated my Lhamaean but I’ll post a progress pic when it’s a bit better to look at !.

@captain cool pants - nice orange !!

@The blood raven- nice progress, I can see the subtle highlights so all good !

Mithril

P.s I’m glad Trawlingcleaner actually made a vow !! lol !!

Edited by mithrilforge

I, urkh, vow to paint three eldar guardian windriders by Nov 14th. I will then post my entire (small) craftworld army on the forums for the first time.

gallery_65490_16360_199991.jpeg

Welcome aboard Urkh!

I, Greywing, vow to complete one unit of five Wraithblades before November 14th.

Ugh, I just realized I wrote the wrong date on the post it. Anyway, I'm going with the axe and shield loadout, but the arms will be magnetized. I'm also going to try to pull off some kind of power weapon/energy glow, which is a little out of my comfort zone--I'm a rudimentary painter at best.

Yesterday's progress:

• painted the death jester's cape to prep for airbrush
  • shadowseer progress day 1 is mostly blocking in some colors and placing too subtle highlights on the blue streamers

gallery_2133_16545_234007.jpg

gallery_2133_16545_965594.jpg

Please let me know if you prefer simple hyperlinks over these large images.

Images are absolutely fine BloodRaven, I love the blue. Great work so far! :biggrin.:

I, Sandalphon, vow to complete this ancient relic of a farseer by November 14th.

gallery_5435_3210_126215.jpg

Furthermore, should I uncover more of these relevantly neglected projects, and get my mojo back, with time to spare, intend to add them also.. i know there are some jetbikes and exodite knights and all sorts of things lying in wait... I also vow to do more than a goblin green base :wink:

Edited by WarriorFish
Format fixed :)

Thought I'd do another update.

Had some time between customer phone calls today, so thought I'd do some sneaky painting!

Definitely won't be trying it again though, its ended up a little sloppy. In person you can absolutely see the poor attempt in orange/yellow layers lol. Not much blending at all.

But an update is an update!

Hidden Content

gallery_80056_16041_444503.jpg

gallery_80056_16041_502785.jpg

Thought I'd do another update.

Had some time between customer phone calls today, so thought I'd do some sneaky painting!

Definitely won't be trying it again though, its ended up a little sloppy. In person you can absolutely see the poor attempt in orange/yellow layers lol. Not much blending at all.

But an update is an update!

Hidden Content

gallery_80056_16041_444503.jpg

gallery_80056_16041_502785.jpg

The blending on these are incredible :wub: If you're doing a whole corsair force like that I can't wait

I, Snazzy vow to complete one unit of 9 Wyches by November 14th.

Welcome Snazzy! Another True Kin to the cabal/cult/coven!

Day two's work.

gallery_2133_16545_160269.jpg

The blue is gorgeous, I look forward to seeing more!

:wub: If you're doing a whole corsair force like that I can't wait

Why thank you! The idea was to do a whole army like this. But with the lack of corsair mention in the new imperial armour book. I think they may be dead in the water ...

Here's a link to what I started a lil while back though. Have about double that, that are still just base coated and need finishing.

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_16041/gallery_80056_16041_834447.jpg