The Good, The Bad, The Aeldari - Event now closed

TrawlingCleaner

I got the Warlock finished and got the Wraithlord done too. This is my first forray into contrast and it's definitely an new experience for me, it flows way differently than I thought it would

CRVa3JQ.jpg

Warlock

MZxf4rD.jpg

ITtWipD.jpg

f39oq9J.jpg

JJr4cM2.jpg

Wraithlord

TN3w64Z.jpg

PCk8gMV.jpg

MTuCbAc.jpg

iAZiIBi.jpg

Good stuff, turned out very nicely I think. Contrast is a useful tool in the armour but one I'm still only testing currently for old habits die hard :lol: All the Wraith models are really great enough to make me a bit sad DE don't get them :P

What do you mean? Wraiths are dead on the outside and alive on the inside (of a gem) and DE are alive on the outside but dead on the inside ;)

@TPS I vote for a squad of both! Great schemes, the bone is bolder and I think more successful due to the high contrast and reduced palette but the teal/purple is a combo I also really like (have used on my Eldar previously) Is there an army coming out of this exercise?

An army is unlikely, but I might do a Kill Team. Those Scourges are a lot of fun to paint!

So my move has finally come to an end so work on my vow shall commence.

Everyone is doing some really stand up work here! Keep at it.

Looking forward to seeing the progress Dread! :biggrin.:

The perks of being exposed to someone with confirmed COVID is that I work from home again and have been very productive. The Banshees are done!

Mn7qaUA.jpg

J53i7z6.jpg

kv6NeCa.jpg

So I'm going to Re-revow: A Farseer, a War walker and a Wave Serpent :happy.:

CXgxgDV.jpg

Got some work done the other day, super rusty. Still, it felt good to bust out the brushes.

I *think* I've done the link correctly.

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_16672/gallery_48957_16672_140152.jpg

https://imgur.com/gallery/AK81tuk

Edited by Harrowed

While my Craftworld Laenyrchal stuff is drying from the airbrush, I'll up my ante and get something in that I can finish quicker.

I pledge to finish one troupe of the Masque of the Furious Lament to be painted before the 14th of November.

fOBIDls.jpg

Edited by Lord_Ikka

Ok i managed to hit this guy hard over a few nights and calling my vow complete!

gallery_5435_16412_155810.jpg

Its the first mini ive produced from my new desk setup and i think its worked out. I also have natural light to photograph in which helps too!

I still cant find my old exodite project but do intend to re-vow something when i unbox it :)

Ask and ye shall recieve...

Progress so far. Still have more to do but felt good to just paint.

I love that metallic colour Dread, how did you acheive it?

Got some work done the other day, super rusty. Still, it felt good to bust out the brushes.

I *think* I've done the link correctly.

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_16672/gallery_48957_16672_140152.jpg

https://imgur.com/gallery/AK81tuk

That's a great start Harrowed, looking forward to more progress! :biggrin.:

While my Craftworld Laenyrchal stuff is drying from the airbrush, I'll up my ante and get something in that I can finish quicker.

I pledge to finish one troupe of the Masque of the Furious Lament to be painted before the 14th of November.

Just to double check Ikka, is this a revow after completion of your last vow?

Ok i managed to hit this guy hard over a few nights and calling my vow complete!

gallery_5435_16412_155810.jpg

Its the first mini ive produced from my new desk setup and i think its worked out. I also have natural light to photograph in which helps too!

I still cant find my old exodite project but do intend to re-vow something when i unbox it :smile.:

This is absolutely gorgeous work Sand, I'm blown away by the gem work and and visor, on such a small model too:wub::wub:

Great progress everyone!

Just to double check Ikka, is this a revow after completion of your last vow?

No, this is more of an additional vow- haven't finished my first vow because it will take longer- I can do these guys at work easy comparedto the Wraithlord/War Walkers.

Edited by Lord_Ikka

All of these great paint jobs have inspired me to reboot my Eldar. I, Minuros pledge to paint a very old squad of Dark Reapers before November 14th.

Even if we don’t get support from GW I still love my pointy ears!

Welcome aboard Minuros, I'm looking forward to seeing some Dark Reapers! :happy.:

Back when I started this hobby and even now sometimes I would take some small cups and go for a walk. Seeing different dirts, rocks, twigs, etc. And use them on my bases. Paint a base color then use Elmer's glue or PVC of some kind, pour it on and situate small rocks or twigs that was pleasing to the eye, let the glue dry. After seal with a spray clear to help keep it safe and stable. If no spray clear then carefully with a brush on varnish, I've thinned them and poured on to not disturb with brushes. Bout as cheap as you can get.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Dread