The Good, The Bad, The Aeldari - Event now closed

TrawlingCleaner

Well seeing all of this development on your Eldar has inspired me as well. I have recently started  on some wraithblades myself :wink: .

I did not revow or anything, judt wanted to share with the nice chaps who got me into Eldar again.

As for the wraithblades themselves, even though they have been quite fun to paint, as anyone else found them quite fragile? Had to pin them in order to make them a bit more stable. I don’t remember doing this for any of GW’s more recent models.

Great stuff Minuros, that red is gorgeous! I actually had the opposite issue where I coudln't snap the arms off :thumbsup:

Hope its not too late to hop into the event?

Im going to try and complete a farseer and spiritseer in Ynnari scheme before the event ends:

https://flic.kr/p/2jXAFgs

https://flic.kr/p/2jXFaRz

Of course it's not too late, welcome aboard Chaplain! Looking forward to seeing your progress, I love Ynarri schemes!:wub:

Calling the vow completed- Craftworld Laenyrchal Wraithlords and War Walkers finished. I'll probably do some of the jewels on the weapons eventually, but they are ready for the tabletop now. Time to crush some mon-keigh!

6Tlm4ZL.jpg

fp91byy.jpg

jXEESai.jpg

Really liking the progress everyone is making. Its good to see so much aeldari love out there!

So I'm just away on holiday but managed to bring some minis and paints with me, yay! I've managed to pretty much finish Drahzar and the incubi. I just need to base them when I get home. I'll save the big reveal until then.

If it's OK I'd like to make another vow as I'm going to start on them whilst away.

A death jester for the masque of the soaring spite

med_gallery_141590_15861_39728.jpg

and a corsairs vyper, the sunblitz brotherhood. I did a nightwing in their colours earlier in the year.

med_gallery_141590_15861_187146.jpg

gallery_141590_16070_142514.jpg

Re-vowed Striking (Red) Scorpions complete!

Same colour scheme as their space marine cousins, who it seems were based on the indian red scorpion i was using as a reference (grey body, yellow legs, red stinger)

Also totally work with my old school Ulthw

Same colour scheme as their space marine cousins, who it seems were based on the indian red scorpion i was using as a reference (grey body, yellow legs, red stinger)

Calling the vow completed- Craftworld Laenyrchal Wraithlords and War Walkers finished. I'll probably do some of the jewels on the weapons eventually, but they are ready for the tabletop now. Time to crush some mon-keigh!

6Tlm4ZL.jpg

Well done on the Completion Lord_Ikka! Great colours and a very fitting background too :biggrin.:

Really liking the progress everyone is making. Its good to see so much aeldari love out there!

So I'm just away on holiday but managed to bring some minis and paints with me, yay! I've managed to pretty much finish Drahzar and the incubi. I just need to base them when I get home. I'll save the big reveal until then.

If it's OK I'd like to make another vow as I'm going to start on them whilst away.

A death jester for the masque of the soaring spite

med_gallery_141590_15861_39728.jpg

and a corsairs vyper, the sunblitz brotherhood. I did a nightwing in their colours earlier in the year.

med_gallery_141590_15861_187146.jpg

No worries at all Dwango, hope you enjoy your trip too! :wink:

Vow complete! I've learned some things doing this, so thank you for taking my vow. It was good to get painting again. I've never based any minis before, so this was new to me. Slotta bases are weird to do and most tutorials do not cover them. So yeah, that was fun.

https://imgur.com/bH3ofH7

https://imgur.com/M36DaCy

I hope one day I'll figure out how to post just the pic. C&C are welcome.

Nice work @harrowed! I like the dark elf style blue skin.

For Slotta bases I use thinned PVA glue or a similar thick medium that will set smooth but there is always the point where the mini hits the tab and that becomes sculpt dependent. They're stable and give you a timestamp like a blacksmiths makers mark but otherwise there's a reason they moved away from them..

@warriorfish I really like the bone armour on those guys, they look like they haven't fallen as far as typical dark eldar

Nice work @harrowed! I like the dark elf style blue skin.

For Slotta bases I use thinned PVA glue or a similar thick medium that will set smooth but there is always the point where the mini hits the tab and that becomes sculpt dependent. They're stable and give you a timestamp like a blacksmiths makers mark but otherwise there's a reason they moved away from them..

Yeah, I grew up with the old "aliens look like humans, but tiny differences and weird skin colors", like old-school Voltron.

If I had thought about it, I would've made the top of the tab brown/wood like. Like a chunk of wood.

Vow complete! I've learned some things doing this, so thank you for taking my vow. It was good to get painting again. I've never based any minis before, so this was new to me. Slotta bases are weird to do and most tutorials do not cover them. So yeah, that was fun.

https://imgur.com/bH3ofH7

https://imgur.com/M36DaCy

I hope one day I'll figure out how to post just the pic. C&C are welcome.

That Ranger looks so good man, great stuff and congrats on the completed vow! :biggrin.:

Vow complete!

It appears painting all those Iron Warriors has been a pretty good practice for Harlequins. Diamonds are just hazard stripes with pauses, right?

Hty8HUz.jpg

You can paint hazard stripes AND diamonds flawlessly, consider me jealous. Amazing stuff TPS! :wub:

Finished my wraithblades. Already some parts broke off :blush.: but still battlefield ready.

Still got 495 points of Eldar done, maybe I’ll have an army by the time the codex is released. These events are a great motivation to work on your grey pile of shame!

Oh my, those gems :wub: :wub:

Love your work TrawlingCleaner! Hope GW gives aspect warriors a boost ion our new Codex, would 2W and an aura like the judiciar revitalize the Howling Banshees?

Anyway keep them coming :wink:

Thinking about starting on my Farseer and Warlock Windrunners, hopefully will able to free up some time for them.

So many great models in this thread.

I have finished the Epic Warlock Titan. I went a bit more subtle with this one, and I am not sure how well it shows, but I used a lot of Druchii Violet to give certain parts a purple tinge. As a statue it looks great, but I think I would need to go with a light energy purple if I wanted to convey a living statue vibe.

gallery_29932_13461_12750.jpg

One last model to try a statue effect on, this time I am leaning towards trying for a Terracotta effect.

gallery_29932_13461_8126.jpg

Thanks TPS. Am I right in thinking Karandras has been painted as a statue? Is it part of a scenery project? If not I like the idea of 6 pheonix lords lining the way into some ancient aeldari city.

The Death Jester is done. Good timing for Halloween I realise! Just the Vyper to go.

gallery_141590_16070_67451.jpg

On a side note, after taking inspiration from Sandalphon's striking scorpions, I dug out my first ever codex (printed in 1994!). This has some great stories in and old school colour schemes. I now have an idea of how I will paint my dire avengers. I may and even have time to vow them for this event. We shall see.

gallery_141590_16070_716369.jpg