Modelling Weapon Options for Slave Ogryn Gangs

m_r_parker

I picked up one of the big boxes of Slave Ogryns when they were released, and I’ve only just started to crack the sprues out and get building.

So far I’ve done 2 of the 6 (pair of Augmented Fists, and the Wielder and Augmented Fist Lobo), and I want to make some of the exotic (and fun) weapon options available in the House of Chains book. Things like the Two Handed Axe / Hammer, Rock Saw and Drill, Lascutter, etc, which you don’t get on the sprue.

Has anyone tried doing some conversions and got good ideas for parts to use? Some of the Genestealer Cult kits have the right level of ‘Industrial’ look about them, but I’m worried that the size won’t be right for the big-boys. Or are we thinking FW will be doing a resin upgrade pack like the other gangs?

Cheers

I'm doing the same at the moment, the models are really nice but really limited in weapon options. I think for axes and things I'm going to look at Ork Nobs.

I think given the scale of the arc welder you get in the box the GS stuff should be ok in terms of size and you could ever use that as the basis for a convertion using GS parts.

Like The_Chaplain says I think upgrade kit is a given but no idea when, I'm still waiting on the Rogue Doc and other bits last mentioned on warcom.

One thing I do like about them is the scale, they're a fair bit smaller than their guard cousins but really nice models. You might be able use the arms from those as basis for conversions but I think they may be a bit on the big size. I think the armour chest piece may work though, if do try I'll post some pictures.