What to expect from The Saturday preview / codex release

jimbo1701

But thats not how teleportation works in the fluff. For what would you need the receiving pad?

And as a gameplay mechanic. It would suuuuuck.

Imagine knowing, for certain, exactly where your opponent was going to drop his reserve unit next turn, you'd just ensure that your own units are nowhere near it, so they can't be charged, and have clear line of sight.

Ishagu, you just invented Spawn camping for 40k!

What I'm looking forward to the most is finding out about the codex spefic Crusade rules, which I hope they focus on to a large extent, as it's one of the newer/most changed aspects of the new codexes. I also am curious about how the chapter master, master of the forge, chief librarian and other stratagems like them will apply to Angels and Wolves, if at all

I'm keen on Flayed Ones getting new models. Really interested in my Necrons.

And if Skorpech Destroyers go to up to 6 models, with a multi-pose kit, I'll be even happier!

Consider me ecstatic beyond a cultist at Slannesh's birthday party if Skorpech Destroyers are a dual kit with another unit, yet to be revealed.

This could happen...

As it’s now in general I will compile a similar list for necrons.

Known from previews / leaks:

1. Deathmark character whose name escapes me at present.

2. New monolith

3. Silent king

4. Void dragon

5. Scenery obelisks

6. Etb lokhust heavy destroyer

7. Etb walker thingy

Possibilities:

1. Multi-part skorpekhs either as new kit or separate release of the Indomitus kit

2. Warriors as a separate release from indomitus kit

3. Destroyers to bring non-heavy up to scratch with the etb kit (perhaps kit can build both, similar to the aggressors?)

4. Destroyer lord kit update, possibly as part of the above?

5. Plastic flayed ones as will be the only resin non special character kit left.

I'm keen on Flayed Ones getting new models. Really interested in my Necrons.

And if Skorpech Destroyers go to up to 6 models, with a multi-pose kit, I'll be even happier!

Consider me ecstatic beyond a cultist at Slannesh's birthday party if Skorpech Destroyers are a dual kit with another unit, yet to be revealed.

This could happen...

I don't even collect Necrons and I really want to see new Flayed Ones. I've said enough times that I'm really not happy with the resin ones for a few reasons. They are one of those kits I could be half tempted to buy if I liked the hypothetical models enough.

The preview is about to begin, so I'm shutting this speculative discussion down. As per our normal process, each reveal will/can be covered in its own topic in the NRBA forum (and potentially in some other forum - a reveal about a specific faction might also be discussed in the faction's forum).