Complete Planet Destruction in exterminatus

Whitelion

Warhammer talks about exterminatu that destroy life on planets, but are there any examples of destroyed planets?

I read about Nostramo, but it was unstable as a planet, have you ever read in the canon about ships that bombed and destroyed a planet?

An example that I remember would be the necron world destroyed by two two-stage cyclonic torpedoes.

Do you remember other examples?

Caliban is general lore. No novel yet for the Battle of Caliban.

Codex: Dark Angels, or the upcoming supplement, will cover it in general lore of the faction.

Prospero I do not think was destroyed, it is currently being fortified again by the Thousand Sons.

The Dark Angels blew up a planet in Ruinstorm, then went off to destroy the remaining traitor legion homeworlds. (Nostramo and Nuceria having been totalled already.)

Also Prospero wasn't destroyed. The planet was still there after the wolves.

Edited by Brother Adelard

During the Gothic War Abaddon's flagship was the Planet Killer, a unique vessel with a planet-busting superweapon.

On the subjwct if Caliban, the last book in Thorpe's Legacy of Caliban trilogy shows one viewpoint of the planet's destruction.

Edited by Cactus

Caliban is general lore. No novel yet for the Battle of Caliban.

Codex: Dark Angels, or the upcoming supplement, will cover it in general lore of the faction.

Prospero I do not think was destroyed, it is currently being fortified again by the Thousand Sons.

Thanks for the info, how hell has made a warp storm? With vortex missiles or simply with they create a massive warp portal with ship's warp engine?

reading lexicanum: " due to the bombardment, the planet's crust began to shift and crack. Around the planet, the warp shifted as the dark powers realised they had failed again and a warp storm spewed forth around the planet. A swirling vortex of warp power was created around Caliban and it eventually broke apart, being pulled into the warp

The Dark Angels blew up a planet in Ruinstorm, then went off to destroy the remaining traitor legion homeworlds. (Nostramo and Nuceria having been totalled already.)

Also Prospero wasn't destroyed. The planet was still there after the wolves.

are destroyed Nostramo , Nuceria and many other worlds?

Curze blew up Nostramo. Ultras I believe blew up Nuceria (who cares as Angron and Lorgar planned on Purging it) on the way to Terra.

Many other examples probably exist.

I may have been wrong about Nuceria. Similarly to Prospero it was purged clean of most, if not all life. (By the World Eaters themselves, with the Word Bearers), so there was no point to enact Exterminatus post-Heresy. The Imperium just deleted it from the records.

Didn’t Abaddon blow up a star using 3 Blackstones?

And I know Cadia was destroyed by crashing a Blackstone into it, but wasn’t another planet destroyed by the weapons of a Blackstone?

Abaddon used the Blackstones to Nova a star, he used the Planet Killer to blow up a planet.

He has a lot of toys.