Circle City Tournament

Dracos

I’m filling a spot in the Tournament in Indianapolis this weekend to help fill a bracket for the organizers. The team had another player who wanted to play his Dark Angels so I’m setting aside my Raven Guard and using a Knight army the events Host volunteered. I have no experience with Knights other than reading the Codex and online advice. Should be interesting. The Host wrote up the army list. I’m sure it’s not optimized so I’m hoping just to pilot it to its best ability and lick of the die. I’ll take pics and do summary battle reports in another post in this thread.

Crusader Warlord Cunning Commander Endless Fury? Gatling Cannon

Cerastus Lancer: Ion Bulwark

Errant

Paladin

Helverin

Just got back home from the tournament. My tean place 9th out of 10 teams. I placed 20th out of 40 players. Toughest part was trying to keep track of what everything did, what stratagems could be used and when, and how that applied to the mission. Knowing your list and how it interacts with the missions and terrain is crazy important in a tournament.

I'll post a list of the missions and some pics if anyone is interested later. Wiped out from 5 games in two days.

Saturday

Game One vs Raven Guard Successor: a Win on a medium board heavy Obstruction. The two Invictors died Turn One and blew up, the Impulsor died Turn Two and blew up kissing his Chapter Master. He did get best painted army :)

Game Two very close Loss to Custodes.  Heavy terrain board made manuvering into a lot of spots impossible. I feel I might win this game now that I know the Knights a bit better.

Game Three vs a Slaanesh / Papa / Magnus monster mash. I got crushed like a dixie cup under a Castellan. Mortals, S8 weapons, -1 to hit -1 to wound. Guy was nice as could be. I scored Abhor the Witch and Monster killing Magnus and two of the baby Keeper of Secrets but was tabled T4.

Sunday

Game Four vs the Tau'nar and Fire Warriors and two Ghost suits and a bevy of drones. I was told it would delete 2 Knights a turn. Maybe but first Turn I made a gob of 4+ saves and T2 the wounded Lancer was able to get a hit in before the Tau'nar moved out of combat and finished the Lancer. I still had a Crusader, Paladin and Errant and they killed off the ghost suits by T3 and started work on the Tau'nar. D3 Battlecannon and Endless fury are no joke.

Game Five: Raven Guard Successor. Grav Centurions and Lugft Huron were a bit scary but I was able to get them to Strike from the Shadows in a spot that while still deadly made them ineffective for Secondaries. I was able to use the Knights movement to get good points on Primaries and a decent amount of secondaries.

Totally suggest Domination in 5 Objective Games and Grind Them Down always. Choosing a third secondary was tough quite often. I hope GW expands the Secondaries as 9th matures. I hear there will be ones in the Codexes, just not sure if they'll be GT options.