Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[40k] Primaris Heavy Intercessors

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,741 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors
Hellblasters come in a box of ten, they have a lot of stuff in the box. No reason for these to be a five man box, especially as a troops unit.
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,050 posts

Hellblasters come in a box of ten, they have a lot of stuff in the box. No reason for these to be a five man box, especially as a troops unit.

Gravis armour disagrees. Currently boxes of 3. Also based on the lumineth hammer elves and upcoming flayed ones I'd wager they're boxes of 5
  • Alcyon and Riddlesworth like this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,576 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW
Think it was just a double post.

I think these will end up as a box of 5, although could be wrong and see a box of 10. Not necessarily because they can't fit 10 in a box, it would definitely be possible. But I think how GW typically sells these sort of things, will see a box of 5 even if they fit on 2 sprues.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion, 24 September 2020 - 11:06 PM.

• 01RTB01 and SufficientAnonymity like this

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Brother Yroc

Brother Yroc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 389 posts

I can't think of any models on 40mm bases that come in boxes of 10. If I were a betting man, I'd say these will cost as much as Tartaros Terminators. Hoping to be wrong (in a good way), but that's what I'm budgeting for.

• 01RTB01 likes this
There is no excuse for failure to playtest a design thoroughly before putting it on the market; it indicates either gross ignorance, total egotism, or an absolute lack of interest in giving the gamer his money's worth. - Steve Jackson, 1981

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 401 posts

I can't think of any models on 40mm bases that come in boxes of 10. If I were a betting man, I'd say these will cost as much as Tartaros Terminators. Hoping to be wrong (in a good way), but that's what I'm budgeting for.

I know it’s AoS but don’t Liberators have 40mm bases?
  • Brother Yroc likes this

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,576 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

That does look to be right. Maybe they will do 10, as far as on the sprue goes, they won't really be much more than normal intercessors.

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Brother Yroc

Brother Yroc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 389 posts

Neat! I have to admit to being completely ignorant of AoS models, but

a ) those models are really cool, and

b ) they do indeed appear to be sold as boxes of 10 models with 40mm bases.

There's hope yet.

There is no excuse for failure to playtest a design thoroughly before putting it on the market; it indicates either gross ignorance, total egotism, or an absolute lack of interest in giving the gamer his money's worth. - Steve Jackson, 1981

tvih

tvih

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,319 posts
  • Faction: CF/BT/Orks/SoB/IG

I reckon Heavy Intercessors are shown as five in the promo pics for a reason. Besides, they have weapon options too.

• Xenith, Karhedron, Mmmmm Napalm and 2 others like this

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,263 posts
Yeah the promo pics of a squad on an abstract background tend to reflect the box contents.
  • Karhedron, Mmmmm Napalm and MetalMammoth like this

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 367 posts

Neat! I have to admit to being completely ignorant of AoS models, but

a ) those models are really cool, and

b ) they do indeed appear to be sold as boxes of 10 models with 40mm bases.

There's hope yet.

This is true, but I'd expect at least a $65 USD retail price if that's the case.  No way they'll be the same price as regular Intercessors.

• Karhedron and WrathOfTheLion like this

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 845 posts
I’d wager that the gun options on the Heavy Intercessors is so they could fill out more sprues while keeping the model count down to 5...

Edit: They’re the first Primaris unit that’ll have different guns across the unit, aside from some Sergeants here and there that could replace theirs, or the ‘nade launcher which still leaves the Intercessor with his original gun too...

Edited by Spinsanity, 25 September 2020 - 02:10 PM.

Mandragola

Mandragola

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,033 posts

I’d wager that the gun options on the Heavy Intercessors is so they could fill out more sprues while keeping the model count down to 5...

Edit: They’re the first Primaris unit that’ll have different guns across the unit, aside from some Sergeants here and there that could replace theirs, or the ‘nade launcher which still leaves the Intercessor with his original gun too...

I expect these will see basically the same format as the existing Intercessors and Hellblasters: same gun but with a different mag (or whatever) to distinguish the types.

• mel_danes likes this

C+C always welcome on my Titanic Plog. Should really be painting Crimson Fists.

gallery_48988_15151_9524.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.pnggallery_48988_16045_14557.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 845 posts

I expect these will see basically the same format as the existing Intercessors and Hellblasters: same gun but with a different mag (or whatever) to distinguish the types.
I was referring to the Heavy Bolters and co...

MetalMammoth

MetalMammoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 294 posts

When did the preview pics not show the correct number of models in a box?

On another note, for  the people wanting 10 models, what does it matter if they need to buy 2 boxes containing 5 models each, 45 EUR per box, or buy one box wih 10 models for 90 EUR?

In fact, somebody might want only 5....

Yet another point is, gravis suits are pretty big, and the larger the model, the fewer they put in a single box. Yes, exceptions have been provided.

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,701 posts

I was referring to the Heavy Bolters and co...
There is a single HB each 5 models so there is enough space in the sprue to arrange one
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Inquisitor_Lensoven

Inquisitor_Lensoven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,303 posts
  • Faction: Paenito Angelus, Black Dragons

we've known about them since september, and i'd rather flesh out my troops slots with heavy intercessors over assault or normal intercessor...but i am admittedly getting impatient...so, any news i might have missed and not showing up in my google searches?

The answer is on the floor -Shihan John Roseberry

BladeOfVengeance

BladeOfVengeance

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 416 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
Unfortunately the answer is we don’t know :( there’s a pre order on the 16th of January all the SM drops could be in that so here’s hoping
  • Warhead01 and Black Blow Fly like this

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,303 posts

My good friend Tourney Tony in Toronto went crazy from Covid cabin fever and converted his own:

gallery_57329_13636_69122.jpg

gallery_57329_13636_25998.jpg

And by crazy, I don't mean stupid, I mean smart, like crazy like a fox.

• Warhead01, Black Blow Fly, Noserenda and 2 others like this

Posted Image

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,025 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Probably with the next Space Marine book (DA supplement), which will be in either February or March.

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,701 posts

Probably with the next Space Marine book (DA supplement), which will be in either February or March.

There is 5 SM kits still to release

With the DA the most probable ones will be Bladeguard cause they are Deathwing and the Storm Speeders cause they are RW

I hope not all 5 kits will be released with DA supplement cause i would like better they release a DA dedicated kit instead of using our supplement to release generic kits like they did with BA

“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,648 posts

There is 5 SM kits still to release

With the DA the most probable ones will be Bladeguard cause they are Deathwing and the Storm Speeders cause they are RW

I hope not all 5 kits will be released with DA supplement cause i would like better they release a DA dedicated kit instead of using our supplement to release generic kits like they did with BA

The DA Dedicated kit will be....

A specific unit with an upgrade sprue. Like the Blood Angels and Space Wolves. Probably a 'unique' Bladeguard squad.

I'd rather they DO release them all with the Dark Angels release, because this waiting irritating now. I'd rather not wait until March for the rest of the Marine units.

Edited by Gederas, 27 December 2020 - 05:54 AM.

• BladeOfVengeance likes this

firestorm40k

firestorm40k

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,086 posts
  • Faction: Legion of Taurus
It'll either be March, or February at the earliest - we know they were one of the first of this year's releases, along with the Drukhari, after the delayed Death Guard Codex:

If you’re a Warhammer 40,000 fan, you’ll see a new codex or expansion every month in January, February, and March starting with the Death Guard

Source: https://www.warhamme...leases-in-2021/

So I expect the Heavy Intercessors, Bladeguard and new Speeder(s) will be released with the DA. I know many people are getting impatient for their Heavy Intercessors, but there are also a lot of Xenos players that want their moment in GW's spotlight. We'll just have to wait and see which they release first.
My Chaos Marine project log, the (infamous!) Legion of Taurus: http://www.bolterand...arine-army-log/

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,797 posts

It'll either be March, or February at the earliest - we know they were one of the first of this year's releases, along with the Drukhari, after the delayed Death Guard Codex:

If you’re a Warhammer 40,000 fan, you’ll see a new codex or expansion every month in January, February, and March starting with the Death Guard

So I expect the Heavy Intercessors, Bladeguard and new Speeder(s) will be released with the DA. I know many people are getting impatient for their Heavy Intercessors, but there are also a lot of Xenos players that want their moment in GW's spotlight. We'll just have to wait and see which they release first.

I've been told the Speeder and Bladeguard are being held for DA, some stores already have them.

• firestorm40k and Dark Shepherd like this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,130 posts

My good friend Tourney Tony in Toronto went crazy from Covid cabin fever and converted his own:

gallery_57329_13636_69122.jpg

gallery_57329_13636_25998.jpg

And by crazy, I don't mean stupid, I mean smart, like crazy like a fox.
Thats the worst name Ive ever heard

😉

Edited by Dark Shepherd, 27 December 2020 - 10:50 AM.

• N1SB likes this

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,136 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

I've been told the Speeder and Bladeguard are being held for DA, some stores already have them.

Hmm so what about the other kits? kinda mad (not angry, mad as in crazy) that the release hasn't happened yet for half of it. I do think they stretched it out a bit much, revealing it all then drip feeding it over what? 3 months? is weird, but I guess it's because they simply don't have enough stock yet and/or havent got anything else to release either.

For me its the heavy intercessors and bladeguard I'm (im)patiently waiting for. lol

• Black Blow Fly likes this

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users