Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[40k] Primaris Heavy Intercessors

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,050 posts
Dude I still haven't got the chaplain on bike I pre-ordered in October...

February has slaaneshi mortals coming which is at least 4 units, 2 characters. Based on more staggered releases I'd wager January death guard, February excess and drukhari, March for marines

Frustrating, probably but the ATV has been oos for months and I only received this week the lokhusts I pre ordered in October. Production is clearly struggling.
  • quasistellar likes this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,369 posts

I still need to figure out how i can convert a squad of thicc bois to have eviscerators. Would be easier if I had the models in hand

Kriegsmacht

Kriegsmacht

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,611 posts

They look pretty cool.

• Maritn likes this
The flesh is weak but Twinkies are forever...

Burn the Heretic, the witch, the mutant in the name of oooo cake!

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,234 posts

Production is clearly struggling.

Production or distribution? So much has been disrupted by the pandemic that it is hard to guess how much has been production disruption, how much has been distribution disruption and how much has simply been the knock on effect. GW was shut for months over the spring along with most other UK businesses yet 9th edition arrived more or less on time. This means that there have been consequences for the stuff that came along behind.
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

BladeOfVengeance

BladeOfVengeance

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 416 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

It'll either be March, or February at the earliest - we know they were one of the first of this year's releases, along with the Drukhari, after the delayed Death Guard Codex:

If you’re a Warhammer 40,000 fan, you’ll see a new codex or expansion every month in January, February, and March starting with the Death Guard

Source: https://www.warhamme...leases-in-2021/

So I expect the Heavy Intercessors, Bladeguard and new Speeder(s) will be released with the DA. I know many people are getting impatient for their Heavy Intercessors, but there are also a lot of Xenos players that want their moment in GW's spotlight. We'll just have to wait and see which they release first.
I've been told the Speeder and Bladeguard are being held for DA, some stores already have them.
Don’t suppose you were told when the DA are out? February or March?

I’m guessing it’s pretty up in the air but you never know

Edited by BladeOfVengeance, 27 December 2020 - 03:23 PM.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,050 posts
With the size of slaanesh mortals release I'd have thought March but that's pure speculation.

Karhedron - I'm assuming production in that they couldn't keep up with demand for things like the ATV, Lokhust and Doomstalker. Either way, they've struggled to meet demand. The made to order Indomitus could be behind this but who knows?!
Hidden Content

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,251 posts

With the size of slaanesh mortals release I'd have thought March but that's pure speculation.

Karhedron - I'm assuming production in that they couldn't keep up with demand for things like the ATV, Lokhust and Doomstalker. Either way, they've struggled to meet demand. The made to order Indomitus could be behind this but who knows?!

Of topic for this thread, but speaking of Slaanesh Mortals, anyone suppose that EC will have Slaanesh beastmen included in their lists akin to TS with the Tzeench beastmen?
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

PJ1933

PJ1933

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,166 posts

I was told packaging was printed in China along with the books and other printed material.

Given the mess UK container ports are in with weeks of delays and global container shipping in general with hundreds of thousands possibly even millions of containers out of position worldwide there are going to be issues with shipping supplies in for some time. Chinese shippers are reporting a huge shortage of containers, even manufacturing new containers isn't helping as there is a shortage of trained welders. Many container vessels were returning to China without a load of empty containers due to excessive delays in loading and unloading at ports running reduced staff due to covid workplace rules and a huge increase in demand for shipping to western countries after almost 4 months of complete shutdown in orders. Top it off with costs for shipping a 40ft container to the UK having risen from $2000 to upwards of $8000 recently things are going to be bumpy in supply chains for some time to come. Honda UK shut down for a week due to lack of parts recently but is back in production but now Toyota UK is shut down for lack of parts. GW is going to be caught up in this too.

• Metzombie and Redcomet like this

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,932 posts

That's partially correct.

Some of the printing is still done overseas, however there's been a gradual shift to new print facilities in the UK in the last twelve to eighteen months (hence a few of the recent codices and battletomes stating they were printed in the UK). Boxes are in the same boat from what I remember, with one of the first releases that was solely printed in the UK being the Gloomspite Gitz vs. Sylvaneth box the other year.

The port issue is largely down to the company being unable to get product in / out of the UK - it was a compound of Brexit, Covid-19 and the massive influx / efflux of Christmas-related retail. It's a logistical nightmare at this time of year anyhow, which was only exacerbated by other ongoing issues.

Anyhow, Heavy Intercessors will probably be with the Dark Angels. Hopefully.

mkbKIlr.png

BladeOfVengeance

BladeOfVengeance

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 416 posts
As there’s looking a the Stormspeeder next week and the last time they did that was with the gladiator and it pre ordered the following week we might be in look forward the Jan 16th space marine drop

Edited by BladeOfVengeance, 27 December 2020 - 06:29 PM.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,050 posts
I thought the same on the speeder especially seen as the DG release is book, character, scenery piece (probably dice and cards too). Small release really
Hidden Content

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 839 posts

There won't be a pre-order next week (the 9th) either. They made it clear in the update from earlier in the week that the 16th will be the next pre-order date. So it'd be the 23rd for a release date on the Storm Speeder at the earliest.

Edited by Lord Nord, 27 December 2020 - 07:41 PM.

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,025 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Of topic for this thread, but speaking of Slaanesh Mortals, anyone suppose that EC will have Slaanesh beastmen included in their lists akin to TS with the Tzeench beastmen?

Been wondering about that myself. Slaangors are more elite than Tzaangors, could potentially be a berzerk linebreaker type unit for EC? I'd certainly love an excuse to buy some Slaangors, the models are incredible.

I thought the same on the speeder especially seen as the DG release is book, character, scenery piece (probably dice and cards too). Small release really

There will almost assuredly be a combat patrol box, and I'll be surprised if we don't see some kind of Dark Imperium DG re-release as well (which may well be the former, for all we know).

• ThePenitentOne likes this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 798 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

Whether or not Slaangors get 40k rules, I'm getting some. I'll use them as "Counts-as Cult of the Abyss Beastmen" if that's what it takes. Might pick up a couple other AoS Beastmen for conversion purposes. 

BladeOfVengeance

BladeOfVengeance

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 416 posts

My thoughts also, I’m guessing they wouldn’t want to wait all the way to Late Feb or March as the codex dropped a long time ago, but we’ll see... and Hope lol

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,701 posts

Probably with the next Space Marine book (DA supplement), which will be in either February or March.

There is 5 SM kits still to release

With the DA the most probable ones will be Bladeguard cause they are Deathwing and the Storm Speeders cause they are RW

I hope not all 5 kits will be released with DA supplement cause i would like better they release a DA dedicated kit instead of using our supplement to release generic kits like they did with BA

The DA Dedicated kit will be....

A specific unit with an upgrade sprue. Like the Blood Angels and Space Wolves. Probably a 'unique' Bladeguard squad.

I'd rather they DO release them all with the Dark Angels release, because this waiting irritating now. I'd rather not wait until March for the rest of the Marine units.

BA didnt had a new unit... DC Intercessors were already added to BA codex with PA so they are an already old unit

DW didn't had any "new" unit at all

now the DA primaris sprue could adapt only to Intercessors, hellblasters, aggressors

all ther tacticus units have or a ETB built in pad (outriders, ATV invader) or a different style of left pad (assault intercessors)

all other gravis units (eradicators, heavy intercessors, inceptors) all have a different style of pad compared to aggressors (ironic that aggressors are the only unit that use a different style of gravis pad while other three use the same type of pad and in the primaris upgrade sprue GW put the pads of the unit you will have less modelsin your army)

Now out of the three units the most DA one are the hellblasters because they are equipped with plasma
Considering that the SW reivers got a fixed loadout in exchange of a special rule i guess that DA special plasma blasters could have the same

According to DA rules that are based on the devastator doctrine (so heavy and rapid fire weapons get a bigger bonus) out of the three variants of plasma incinerators they will get the assault one fixed and considering that the DA primaris upgrade sprue could be used to give a power sword to a hellblaster sergeant too but there is nothing like that in the rules GW will not give this option even to special hellblasters too

“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,023 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

I think if the kits are available and in position to ship/sell, they'll want them released sooner rather than later. But that's two big "if"s with everything that's going on.

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_30096.jpggallery_84244_11417_17741.pnggallery_84244_11417_22884.pnggallery_84244_16660_5008.jpggallery_84244_11417_13552.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users