Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[40k] Multi-part Assault Intercessors

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,716 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
There's a power fist in the set too. I saw an image on Facebook, and it looks good.

-~Ishagu~-

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,730 posts

There's a power fist in the set too. I saw an image on Facebook, and it looks good.

Yes
It was seen in the video for new Units reveals too
So the Sgt has 2 alternative pistols (pkasma and handflamer) and 3 alternative melee weapons (PF, PS, TH)

And yes, the coolest model is the grenade throwing one
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

smileyjim

smileyjim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 202 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Grenade chap looks like he's going full kamikaze

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,205 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

2020-09-13_05_31_05-The_Codex_Show_-_War

Fist looks good, yeah.

• dienekes96, Ranulf, mithrilforge and 9 others like this

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,162 posts

My wildest dreams come true. I was going to convert the Indomitus assault intercessor serge to have PF and hand flamer anyway, because what's on the model doesn't matter for fixed loadouts, but that they can actually take them is great. 

Also, the marine ejecting his mag to slam a new one in is incredible, worth getting this set for alone. 

Edited by Xenith, 13 September 2020 - 09:30 AM.

• Black Blow Fly likes this

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,015 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

fist looks partly same as Sternguard one

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

BladeOfVengeance

BladeOfVengeance

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 491 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Amy pics of the power sword?

Yeah mate it’s on the death company assault intercessors in the blood angels army overview it’s sweet!

Edit: Sorry didn’t see the reply’s before I commented 😅

Edited by BladeOfVengeance, 13 September 2020 - 09:51 AM.

Waking Dreamer

Waking Dreamer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,028 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights

I love the guy whos all about chucking grenades everywhere.

Grenade chap looks like he's going full kamikaze

mngNxMr.jpg

fqRepET.gif

• Doghouse, Alcyon, Noserenda and 14 others like this
BJyntGN.pngOOq4org.png

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,794 posts

I think assault intercessors are to be like a despoiler squad of tactical marines in 30k.

Honestly, I think that's exactly what they are. Primaris feel like a rebirth of Legiones Astartes tactics, and the Assault Intercessors are exactly how Despoiler Squads are :yes:

• Warhead01 likes this

Vermintide

Vermintide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 479 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, Necrons

The best part here, that everyone seems to be overlooking, is that they all have tassets.

Tassets make the Primaris armour design look 100% better. It took me a while to figure out why I didn't like the multi-part kit for regular Intercessors, and that's exactly why. The Dark Imperium monopose boys had them, Hellblasters have them, but the full kit didn't. They're just missing something without it.

Not gonna lie though, if there's one thing I love about the mono-pose kits, it's that you don't have to screw around with all those fiddly little ammo pouches, holsters and grenades. My least favourite part of building Marines.

• Black Blow Fly, Maritn, MARK0SIAN and 2 others like this

"The Black Library is not lore."

Arch-Magos Mordekai Holatas

Bringer of Sacred Light
5113903.M39

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 514 posts
So many cool poses. Love the guy that is rapid reloading his pistol. And the one with the grenade belt.

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,956 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

The Dark Imperium monopose boys had them, Hellblasters have them, but the full kit didn't.

DI is about half with tassets, half without in the Intercessors and Hellblasters. Lieutenants were half and half also.

Personally, I like the variation, so I made sure to mix them in my units, although it's about 2/3rd tassets to 1/3rd without, all said and done. For these, if I really feel like removing the tassets, that's what GW made all the little bits and sculpting covering material for.

Does it appear to anyone else that the right hand bracer is actually larger than the ETB ones? I can't tell if it's just appearing that way without the Crusade icon, it's truly larger, it's a slightly different shape, or it's just my imagination. I'm banking on my imagination right now. :lol:
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,072 posts
  • Faction: All of them?

My wildest dreams come true. I was going to convert the Indomitus assault intercessor serge to have PF and hand flamer anyway, because what's on the model doesn't matter for fixed loadouts, but that they can actually take them is great. 

Also, the marine ejecting his mag to slam a new one in is incredible, worth getting this set for alone. 

What about a flamer fist?  That might be fun to convert.

Edit: Thinking this over that might be easier to magnetize at the bicep too, a fist with a flamer and the other hand chucking a grenade so that I can swap between builds without having to do both hands. 

Edited by Fajita Fan, 13 September 2020 - 03:57 PM.

• Bryan Blaire likes this

Blame my iPhone for typos because I'm 95% on mobile.

MistaGav

MistaGav

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 383 posts

As much as I want to get some for the different poses and options, I already have 20 from the indomitus set so I'm more then set for choppy infantry. I'll have to swap out the arms on the sergeants now though for the special weapons but not sure what.

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,391 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE

There was never any mention of jump packs and tbh it’s not like they need it.

I beg to differ, I continue to believe these guys are competitively unplayable without a delivery vehicle and an Impulsor just doesn't seem to cut it with only 6 models capacity. Some chapters love them but for vanilla I think they're just the opposite side of the Assault Marines trap.

See that tall stooping dude over there... his name is Cawl and he will sell ya some Impulsors bruh . :D
  • Alcyon likes this
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,744 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW
I like this multipose kit more than the indomitus one. The poses are cool, the mag reloading one is definitely my favorite.

Would love to stick these boys in a LR crusader, hopefully that option is available.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion, 13 September 2020 - 08:21 PM.

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,853 posts
I do like this kit but it’s kind of weird that two of the seemingly favourite poses are nothing to do with them being assault intercessors. The grenade guy and the reloading guy would be just as at home in a regular intercessor kit, albeit you’d swap the pistol for a bolt rifle.

Overall I agree that the dynamism in the indomitus models is nice, it’s just a shame they didn’t do 10 unique sculpts for it which is where this kit wins out.

Really pleased they can take hammers etc. Now I just need to wait for them to be given jump packs in some hypothetical universe :)
  • Bryan Blaire likes this

gallery_86689_11936_21517.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,925 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
But there probably aren't 10 unique sculpts here really, just 5 torso and leg combos doubled, and a craptonne more arm options.
  • mel_danes likes this

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 887 posts

But there probably aren't 10 unique sculpts here really, just 5 torso and leg combos doubled, and a craptonne more arm options.

Yup - this is definitely the Primaris-standard five bodies and ten-plus sets of arms. But they managed to come up with some great variations in those arms even while being restricted to a set of five torso/leg combos to attach them to.

• Brother Adelard likes this

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

mel_danes

mel_danes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 411 posts

Correct Brother. You can see the repeated Legs and Torso positions.
It's 5 bodies, and many arms.
Which is great, for as much as people like the dynamic posed dudes being forced to have one in every squad is boring and repetitive.
  • Brother Adelard likes this

Mmmmm Napalm

Mmmmm Napalm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 233 posts
If I have a complaint it's that it looks like there aren't any variant pauldrons (for example, ones with studs, or scrollwork, etc.) in the kit. I could be wrong, and perhaps there are some that they simply haven't shown off in the preview. Thankfully the standard Intercessor kit has a few.

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,801 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

No power axes? 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Mmmmm Napalm

Mmmmm Napalm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 233 posts
Oh, I also hope that it includes tilting plates that are around the size of the ones in the Indomitus box. The one we've seen on the Sgt with the power fist looks a bit large.

UnkyHamHam

UnkyHamHam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 611 posts
  • Faction: The Emperor's Blades
Does anyone think the MPK and actual codex entry will have three builds or weapon options? Both "regular" and Heavy Intercessors have three gun choices, so it seems natural that the Assault Intercessors should have three options to build the squad. I don't see anything in the reveals that might lend credence to this idea tho.

Edit: What about squad options too? Maybe two per squad or one per five can swap out the HBP for a Plasma Pistol or Hand Flamer like Assault Marines. This would be they Auxiliary Grenade Launcher or Heavy Bolter analog.

Edited by UnkyHamHam, 14 September 2020 - 04:05 AM.

The Emperor Protects.

"Alpha within, Alpha without."  "The Flesh is Alpha."  "Ave Alpharius Nox."

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,248 posts

Does anyone think the MPK and actual codex entry will have three builds or weapon options? Both "regular" and Heavy Intercessors have three gun choices, so it seems natural that the Assault Intercessors should have three options to build the squad. I don't see anything in the reveals that might lend credence to this idea tho.

Edit: What about squad options too? Maybe two per squad or one per five can swap out the HBP for a Plasma Pistol or Hand Flamer like Assault Marines. This would be they Auxiliary Grenade Launcher or Heavy Bolter analog.

Id say its just sergeant options

It would boost sales if all of them could have a cc weapon so Id say its not happening, arguably O.P too, different unit or maybe eventual jump pack non troop slot might get them

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users