Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[40k] Multi-part Assault Intercessors

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

ShinyRhino

ShinyRhino

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,717 posts
Looks like Cawl lost the blueprints for Primaris lightning claws :(.
-- "To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver, and to repel the enemy assault by fire and close combat."

Stupidity

Stupidity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 123 posts
  • Faction: Necrons/Sneaky Beakies

Looks like Cawl lost the blueprints for Primaris lightning claws sad.png.

Ya, It's a good thing I paused my plans to build a Raven Guard army to focus on Necrons. 9th does not look to be kind to them. 

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,031 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

But shrike?

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,948 posts

But shrike?

Those are relic weapons. Shrike, Calgar, Tigirus, Ragnar and Mephiston all are using the same weapons they had in their rules before becoming Primaris Marines. (Ferrios too per his fluff, but he didn't exist before his model came out)

Only Primaris characters who have explicitly new weapons since becoming Primaris are Tor Garadon and Adrax Agatone. Lazarus' weapon is... I'm not sure if that's a new weapon or his old sword (it's ambiguously worded)

Edited by Gederas, 14 September 2020 - 02:37 PM.

Irbis

Irbis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,616 posts

Those are relic weapons. Shrike, Calgar, Tigirus, Ragnar and Mephiston all are using the same weapons they had in their rules before becoming Primaris Marines. (Ferrios too per his fluff, but he didn't exist before his model came out)

Only Primaris characters who have explicitly new weapons since becoming Primaris are Tor Garadon and Adrax Agatone. Lazarus' weapon is... I'm not sure if that's a new weapon or his old sword (it's ambiguously worded)

That still doesn't explain why Intercessor sergeant stole keys to armory and is the only one with options in the whole chapter, not even captains and lieutenants have such privileges down.gif

Would it really kill GW to give all other primaris squads same options? Hell, they don't even need to make bits, I am perfectly happy with using terminator weapons on heavy intercessors. Just give us the Cawl-damned rules. It really sucks sergeants were always rewarded with nice melee weapon upon promotion in fluff but suddenly primaris ones no longer do that...

• Dracos, Aarik, SufficientAnonymity and 1 other like this

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,031 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

But shrike?

In this logic, Shrike should have old mittens with knuckle duster blades, right? The new ones look far more advanced then he used to have

Edited by Jukkiz, 14 September 2020 - 07:14 PM.

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,948 posts

But shrike?

In this logic, Shrike should have old mittens with knuckle duster blades, right? The new ones look far more advanced then he used to have

Progression of fluff and technology.

Because Shrike's weapons are closer in design to the 30k Corax model, who designed his own weapons, and since Shrike's claws are supposed to have been hand-crafted by Corax...

Edited by Gederas, 14 September 2020 - 08:51 PM.

• Shadow Captain Vyper and Joe like this

Shadow Captain Vyper

Shadow Captain Vyper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,355 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard

It's funny to me that people think we won't be getting things like cawl-ified lightning claws. Or a primaris analog for Assault Marines (and no, I don't mean Inceptors, I mean shoulder down, rocket fueled power slams, rip and tear chainsword action). And then a primaris vanguard analog. And then primaris captain/librarian/chaplain with cawlified jump pack. Let's be real, jump packs (and lightning claws) are an iconic part of the warhammer stable, they are coming.

We are like pigs to slaughter, much better to bleed us slowly over years than attempt to gut us by releasing everything together.

Back on topic: I can't wait to see photos of the Assault Intercessor frame and how it's laid out. That should give us a better indicator of whats to come of things like Crusader squads, Death Company Intercessors, Grey Hunters, etc. I get the feeling the company is moving away from re-using frames and moving more towards a bespoke frame layout for each unit (advantages of a new CAD-era of design as opposed the the old sculpt-and-cast method).

Overall, pretty stoked!

• Alcyon likes this

"A Mind Without Purpose Will Wander in Dark Places..."

gallery_16835_13820_5804.jpggallery_6494_6331_8260.png

Alcyon

Alcyon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,591 posts
  • Faction: Revenants Chapter

shoulder down, rocket fueled power slams, rip and tear chainsword action

Sign me the censored.gif  up!

• mel_danes likes this

ShinyRhino

ShinyRhino

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,717 posts

We are like pigs to slaughter, much better to bleed us slowly over years than attempt to gut us by releasing everything together.

While I don't disagree with your points, slowly over the years is the complete opposite of how you slaughter hogs. That's done quickly, all in one go ;).
  • Antarius, Aeternus and Son of Sacrifice like this
-- "To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver, and to repel the enemy assault by fire and close combat."

OttoVonAwesome

OttoVonAwesome

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 297 posts

Yeah awhile back I think Jes Goodwin said the waves were themed on armour patterns. This ones Gravis the next will be Omnis and if there aren't jump assualt marines in that I'll be super shocked.

• Detjan likes this

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 920 posts

Yeah awhile back I think Jes Goodwin said the waves were themed on armour patterns. This ones Gravis the next will be Omnis and if there aren't jump assualt marines in that I'll be super shocked.

I don't know how this wave can be themed on the Gravis pattern given that only the Bolt Rifle Captain, Heavy Intercessors, and Eradicators are wearing Gravis. Meanwhile, the Techmarine, Bike Chaplain, Bladeguard Vets, Assault Intercessors, and Outriders are all in Tacticus, as are all five character models from Indomitus. Not to mention the Gladiator gunner, Servo-Turret gunner, and ATV driver and gunner. At least the Storm Speeder crew breaks things up a little, but they're still wearing Omnis helmets, not Gravis.

That's a pretty poor percentage. By contract, all of last year's units (minus the box-only Suppressors and gunner on the Executioner, which was really part of the Apocalypse launch and not the Vanguard wave), were wearing Phobos, even the dude in the baby carrier and the guy popping his head out of the Impulsor.

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,443 posts

I really want melee Gravis before they move on

War of the Eagle

War of the Eagle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 135 posts

I feel like bladegaurd kinda stoll that nich for now. But Id like to see some typhoon missile launcher gravis or grav cannon gravis

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,443 posts

I feel like bladegaurd kinda stoll that nich for now. But Id like to see some typhoon missile launcher gravis or grav cannon gravis

Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind seeing more "Crusade armor" releases as well.

OttoVonAwesome

OttoVonAwesome

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 297 posts

The good part is none of the waves are exclusive to thier theme. Omnis units are coming but it's more than likely they coming alongside some other stuff. I'd be surprised at another Gravis melee though Agressors may not be everyone's jam but they do fill that niche. My only dissapointment on this wave is that there's no breacher shield option on the assualt intercessors and I'm only bringing this up cause somewhere there's an official artwork of primaris dark angel with chainsword and boarding shield.

• SufficientAnonymity likes this

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 920 posts

The good part is none of the waves are exclusive to thier theme. 

Still banging that drum, huh?

Not only is this wave not exclusively Gravis, it's not even recognizably Gravis.

If there's a theme, it's something else.

• Robbienw likes this

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,302 posts
  • Faction: Eagles Eternal

The good part is none of the waves are exclusive to thier theme.

Still banging that drum, huh?

Not only is this wave not exclusively Gravis, it's not even recognizably Gravis.

If there's a theme, it's something else.

Brutal cunning?
USMC based Space Marines, the Eagles Eternal check out their WIP blog at The Eagle Spire
gallery_45765_12339_49118.pngETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

OttoVonAwesome

OttoVonAwesome

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 297 posts

I am banging that drum because I see at as two waves mashed together. With all that's been shown on this one you can make two distinctly themed forces based on the indomitus crusade half and the Gravis half thanks to the inclusion of troops and a captain as easily as shadowspear brought us the phobos army. The only missing piece for a full on Gravis theme is an LT and maybe a chaplain and librarian in Gravis wich the crusade side definetly did recieve. I could also argue that the most crusadery parts the bladeguard and hq's also have an aesthetic link to Gravis armour due to thier shoulder pads with the full kit even perfectly supporting the fancy chapter upgrade kit agressor shoulder pads but this is off topic and I'm now in a bit of a ramble so this the last I'll be commenting on this subject.

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,015 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
I'd like to see the quote for this "release in themes" - I've watched through all Jes's Voxcasts, and while he definitely made it seem like they've basically got Marine materials in basically each armor pattern (Tacticus and variants of that, Phobos and variants of that, and Gravis and variants of that) to cover all niches, it sounded like the Shadowspear release was specifically Vanguard themed, which was pretty obviously Phobos themed and said to be such. There wasn't anything I could find on listening to them that sounded specifically like the plan was to release all Primaris releases going forward as themed releases around one armor type.

The Indomitus Crusade release doesn't seem to be built around one specific armor variation like Shadowspear was - too many things not in Gravis (Bladeguard style Captain, Chaplain - on bike and off, Judicar, Assault Intercessors, Outriders, speeder pilots, Techmarine, Techmarine on gun emplacement, Bladeguard themselves, and that's not counting the things you can't see Marines in) - contrasted with three Gravis units? A single shoulder pad, maybe even two, doesn't really support the Gravis aesthetic by itself - the Assault Intercessor in Tacticus certainly doesn't feed into a Gravis theme.

I'm actually hoping for more Gravis units down the line - really hope this isn't a themed release for them, it'd be a pretty big let down if this is all Gravis is going to get.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

OttoVonAwesome

OttoVonAwesome

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 297 posts

It was awhile ago I read it. My memory may be misremembering the facts but I definitely remember it was a paper article. White Dwarf or possibly the collectors guide with the one marine in it. Not really important I geuss my point is were getting pretty close to the point where it makes financial sense to refresh the old line. The rules at good balance between the two and the primaris themselves have grown to have counterpart to almost every niche the oldmarines filled. Horus heresy is also getting to the point where a refresh with updated models is getting closer and this primaris wave and new edition just has me gennerally stoked on the future of marines in general. 

BladeOfVengeance

BladeOfVengeance

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 497 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

I was thinking about these guys since weapon options on the sergeant was a major upgrade we were all waiting for. I think the main question for me is, does one extra attack and -1 AP really make or break this unit when compared to Assault Marines? Those guys have been bad for several editions and they have way more mobility than these dudes with another wound in the upcoming codex. They still don’t seem like a competitive unit for armies outside Blood Angels, Black Templars etc.

You’re also missing a big difference in the profiles which is the heavy bolt pistol having an 18” range with -1AP is great the fact these guys also have one more wound and attack is a massive bonus to a unit overall. Also with them being cheaper than the rest the primaris troops for every 10 you basically get a free power fist / or 5 points more with a thunder hammer than 10 intercessors

I know that the assault squad are also receiving a wound boost but that wasn’t the original point to was to compare them to the old assault squad data sheet in terms of competitiveness and they outstrip them completely

In my opinion they’ll be a great backbone troops choice moving forward 😊
  • Black Blow Fly likes this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,818 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Better than Assault Marines, hands down.

They have objective secured, are a Troop choice, and they might get a veteran upgrade option on top.
The boards are smaller too, so the extra movement isn't as impactful.

If you want jetpack Marines then Vanguard Vets are the better option.

Edited by Ishagu, 16 September 2020 - 10:09 AM.

• BladeOfVengeance and Detjan like this

-~Ishagu~-

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,213 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Intercessors got good stratagem support too, perhaps these guys will get something too? Maybe something to do with moving more quickly? Might even be a straight up datasheet ability to advance and charge for all we know.

• Ishagu likes this

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,818 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Yeah, the strats might change our outlook completely.

-~Ishagu~-

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users