Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[40k] Codex Supplement: Blood Angels

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,681 posts

unknown.png

New art is incredibly nice.

• Spyros likes this

mkbKIlr.png

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,718 posts
No model?
  • Freakshow668 likes this

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,276 posts

I guess they're still counting Mephiston from earlier.

• Morticon likes this

Talbaz

Talbaz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 33 posts
I saw death company assault intercessors in that video
  • Warhead01 and UtariOnzo like this

Silverson

Silverson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 558 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Custodes/Black Legion

is the winged model top left a new sanguinor model or artist interpretation?

Edited by Silverson, 12 September 2020 - 01:35 PM.

Blood Angels codex p6/w3/d0/32<p>Ad Mech codex p2/w2/d0/l0

NiftyVT

NiftyVT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 249 posts

Just took a hard look at the BA army shown in the teaser and I didnt spot anything new. Hope is still alive for an updated Dante!

Edited by NiftyVT, 12 September 2020 - 01:42 PM.

• Black Blow Fly likes this

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,909 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

i suspect with the rapid turn around and no preview of models, the extra supplements won't get models tbh. Which sucks.

However, the winged guy in the new cover is quite different from existing models, I suppose it's the sanguinor, but who knows.

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 868 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I think if the new books are going to get new models they will not be shown until nearer the release date of the book.

Any character or kit still in resin is a prime candidate for replacement I think.

Ascanius

Ascanius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,213 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

With the sword and the chalice, it's definitely the Sanguinor; whether it betokens a new model, who knows? Those items are in the opposite hands from the current model, but that doesn't mean anything.

• Spyros likes this

HandsWithLegs

HandsWithLegs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 282 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

I'm pretty sure they said that each of the supplements are getting a new model back when they announced that BA,DA,SW, and DW were going to supplements. Still, its odd that we didn't see anything like that today

gallery_48988_15465_43209.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,701 posts

I'm pretty sure they said that each of the supplements are getting a new model back when they announced that BA,DA,SW, and DW were going to supplements. Still, its odd that we didn't see anything like that today

to my knowledge that was not stated.

banana

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,692 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

I'd like to see a quote on that, because I don't recall anything like that being said.

We had those "lieutenants" for other factions teased (which turned out to be a DG Lord, so those might not have all been new LTs), but I can't recall anything that said that each Supplement will get a new model.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE for that to be the case, especially if someone can dig something up, it'd take away a little of the Meh from the Marine half of the reveal thing today - I just don't personally remember them saying or reading anything like that. I was looking for more Chapter unique stuff out of the Supplement releases.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Kyoujin

Kyoujin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 156 posts
I saw what looked to be a Primaris version of the Baal Predator at 1:30:10 in the VOD. It's using the Impulsor chassis and has what I'd guess to be a twin onslaught gatling cannon in the turret along with the typical fragstorm launchers. It also appears to have twin stormbolters on the side of the hull rather than the singles found on the Impulsor.

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,692 posts

I saw what looked to be a Primaris version of the Baal Predator at 1:30:10 in the VOD. It's using the Impulsor chassis and has what I'd guess to be a twin onslaught gatling cannon in the turret along with the typical fragstorm launchers. It also appears to have twin stormbolters on the side of the hull rather than the singles found on the Impulsor.

That's one of the Gladiator versions, IIRC - everyone will get those. When they were shown, it was remarked that it seemed so close to the Baal Pred.
  • Kyoujin and SufficientAnonymity like this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

_Valten_

_Valten_

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 107 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

That’s one of the new Gladiator variants.

For Sotha!

@_chris_paints_stuff_ on Insta

Kyoujin

Kyoujin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 156 posts

That's one of the Gladiator versions, IIRC - everyone will get those. When they were shown, it was remarked that it seemed so close to the Baal Pred.

That explains why noone else was mentioning it.  Thanks.

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,359 posts
The winged dude in the upper left has the sword+chalice and in a pose similar to the Sanguinor, but also has a Death Mask that looks closer to “standard” Death Masks in the Sang Guard kit...but it also has the tubing/ribbing/cabling going into the jaw ala Dante’s Death Mask of Sanguinius.

There is absolutely no way that could possibly be artistic interpretation by a freelanced illustrator who may have worked from a short brief instead of years of rabid collection, kitbashing, and painting the faction.

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

Vermintide

Vermintide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 385 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, Necrons

Hard to get excited about rules releases when you are a casual enough player that you'll probably get no more than half a dozen games out of the books you paid £40+ for before they're outdated again, but eh. Being in a supplement makes more sense, but it was more convenient only needing the one book.

If we get to be as OP as the rest of the Marines have been for the past year, that will at least be fun.

• LameBeard likes this

"The Black Library is not lore."

Arch-Magos Mordekai Holatas

Bringer of Sacred Light
5113903.M39

BladeOfVengeance

BladeOfVengeance

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 59 posts
Death company assault intercessors is great news!! as is all of the multi part assault intercessors the fact we can take TH/PF’s on the sergeants means they’ll be a great backbone our forces going forward, awesome reveals today!
  • Blindhamster likes this

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,474 posts

From the squad in the video my guess is that the primaris DC will be a mix of Intercessors and assault intercessors in one unit

• Blindhamster and BladeOfVengeance like this
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Ascanius

Ascanius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,213 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

I was looking for more Chapter unique stuff out of the Supplement releases.

I won't be shocked if the reboxed Primaris Upgrade Kits are timed to return to stores with the codex and supplements.

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,692 posts

I won't be shocked if the reboxed Primaris Upgrade Kits are timed to return to stores with the codex and supplements.

:lol: I won't be shocked either... but like I said, was hoping for more (never a safe thing to do with GW stuff)... not just the same.

Ya know... like a new unique Primaris unit per Supplement, to work it's way through the older Supplements as well, or at least a new unique character. Maybe even a new Chapter Upgrade sprue. Even a Rubicon-crossed reimagining of a prior existing unit.

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,182 posts
I would even be happy with chapter specific Intercessors in the same vein as the BA tac squad withi chapter specific bling. Wolf pelts for Wolves, robes for DA and blood drops, chalices and filigree for BA. Each kit could even double as a bespoke bespoke chapter specific unit. Dread Wing for example for the DA and something else for the other two

Edited by Captain Smashy Pants, 14 September 2020 - 05:42 AM.

• Bryan Blaire and ThatOneMarshal like this
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,909 posts

Guess we'll have to wait and see, I think it'll probably just be a book release and nothing to go with it. Even though I'd /like/ it to include a new character model (Dante ideally)

• Bryan Blaire likes this

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 763 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

They do mention in the article as well,

"Existing codex supplements such as that of the Ultramarines are still perfectly compatible with the new book, and we’ll be providing the Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Deathwatch, and Space Wolves with get-you-by rules so you’ll be good to go from the outset."

So the 8E codexes should be invalid as of the release of Codex: Space Marines, and it looks like there will be a large FAQ drop for those factions on day 1. Hopefully they do it in a way that doesn't require previous books, it would be completely obnoxious to have to use datasheets from the old codex, PA and then now the new codex to play the game. Four months of that for DA would not be good at all,.

• Indefragable likes this

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

6 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

viewasjack, StraightSilver