The Primarchs - Alpharius/ Omegon

Marshal Loss

Archamus was the Imperial Fist which we needed because, let's face it, Sigismund isn't your traditional Fist and neither is Pollux for that matter. Calling out his slowfootedness also misses the point that was his character arc: the resolute bastion of a man who ought to be manning parapets, but is now chasing secrets; and doesn't do him justice for the ambush he set up in the funky cube which would've bagged anything other than a Primarch-in-hiding. I would've liked to have seen more Kestros in The Solar War, but frankly that book had far too much to cover as it was anyway

I mean... I don't actually disagree that John French's character work isn't his strong suit compared to his worldbuilding or his plotting, but it's all about perspective. Compare that moment in TSW where Malcador pops up in the Emperor's mindscape with McNeill's recent barf. Worlds of difference

I dont think we see eye to eye on things all the time, but I'm surprised my reading on the character is so far removed from yours. First Imperial Fist I've actually enjoyed reading, considering what they did with Sigismund falling to the Imperial Cult.

I think French (whether intentional or not) gave him the personality of a rock. The only thing semi-memorable was he feared that any failure on his part would hurt or doom others. A bit nondescript for a space marine or any soldier character, really.

Maybe you fell in love with the events of his life-story?

Edited by b1soul