Craftworld Iybraesil - Battle Witch Yvraine and Yncarne

TrawlingCleaner

Thank you Mordas! :happy.:

I got the Farseer done last night, I'm pretty proud of the Staff head and the globe effects, they look pretty cool. The blonde hair is mostly a throwback as it's an old Highelf model:

"Tinshar the Wanderer, appears from the Webway unbidden, often when Craftworld Iybraesil need assistance. Frequently found in the company of the Harlequins seeking relic for an unknown goal"

KJZkR9V.jpg
Evz3LM8.jpg?1

WCIZHGY.jpg

nfcUskk.jpg

meFsY3m.jpg?1

aZzb3Bc.jpg?1

mlVLXRW.jpg
Edited by TrawlingCleaner

• 2 months later...

Thank you Rebel, I'm a bit of a Hobby butterfly as I have quite a few different 40k armies (Death Guard, CWE, DEldar, Sisters currently on the go). I'm currently working on some more Plague Marines for my Death Guard, once finihsed I've nearly completed the army entirely. The Iybraesil army is on the back burner for the moment as it's in a good place completion wise. I have started on a Jetbike Farseer and a Jain Zar as well as an Autarch with wings. I will get back to this army at some point as I have plenty more in the back log! :sweat:

Thank you Rebel, I'm a bit of a Hobby butterfly as I have quite a few different 40k armies (Death Guard, CWE, DEldar, Sisters currently on the go). I'm currently working on some more Plague Marines for my Death Guard, once finihsed I've nearly completed the army entirely. The Iybraesil army is on the back burner for the moment as it's in a good place completion wise. I have started on a Jetbike Farseer and a Jain Zar as well as an Autarch with wings. I will get back to this army at some point as I have plenty more in the back log! :sweat:

Nothing wrong with being a hobby butterfly, as long as you're having fun that's the main thing! :happy.:

Look forward to seeing the updates as and when you revisit! I'm currently waiting on some Fire Dragons and Falcon in the post, may start an Army build thread for my new Ulthwé force here too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing wrong with being a hobby butterfly, as long as you're having fun that's the main thing! :happy.:

Look forward to seeing the updates as and when you revisit! I'm currently waiting on some Fire Dragons and Falcon in the post, may start an Army build thread for my new Ulthwé force here too. 

Definitely start an army thread here dude, I'd love to see some more Craftworld love! You've picked two of the units that have held up the best considering their age! :biggrin.:

it was actually the 'vanilla' eldar that got me into painting and collecting dark eldar. very nice!

are you gonna expand make it a bigger army later? this isnt your main, right?

Thanks man, I will expand this force as I have plenty of backlog (20 Wraithblades/guard, more Avengers, Characters etc). My main force is Death Guard which I've nearly finished with 6K points painted, I'll be moving onto some Dark Elves for AoS and Sisters with some Eldar projects in between. Always plenty to do, for better or for worse :sweat:

• 2 months later...

"Autarch Aydona, The Storm of Stars. Known by fellow Iybraesil commanders as quick to anger and ever ready to fight the lowly Monkeigh. Wielding "The Hag's Tooth" that was forged at the same time as the Craftworld of Iybraesil itself was created"

When I'm struggling to sleep, I think about conversions etc I could do for my forces, it's where I come up with some of my best ones! :happy.: 

Parts used are:

Old Eldar Bike

One of the new Banshees

A Shoulder pad from the Hellion kit

Power lance from the Scourge Kit

Executioner blade head from the new Banshee kit

And the top of the Morai Heg Statue from the Banshee kit (Just so I can say: "Morai Heg, take the wheel!" whenever she charges :biggrin.:

51185865646_ee0369f261_b.jpg

51186646309_3371a72f4c_b.jpg

51186935670_01ecc5b00b_b.jpg

51186083653_aac96cec8c_b.jpg

51186935605_a4f748453f_b.jpg

51185173757_5f65649f86_b.jpg

51186646119_0d8e195679_b.jpg

I will also be posting a test battle report later on today too as the UK is finally able to have people in doors, I got a 2k game vs Guard which went very well for me :biggrin.:

Thank you Dread, very kind!

Game vs Guard at 2k points

Lists:

My list:

Biel Tan

Farseer - Doom, Guide - WLT: Natural Leader (BT Specific trait)

Spiritseer - Empower/Inervate - Relic - Spirit Stone of Ana'athalan

Warlock - Enhance/Drain

10 Dire Avengers - Dual Catapult - Bladestorm

10 Dire Avengers - Dual Catapult - Bladestorm

5 Rangers

5 WraithBlades - Axes and Shields

10 Howling Banshees - Standard loudout on Exarch - War Shout and Nerve-shredding shriek

Fire Prism

Fire Prism

2 War Walkers with 2 Star Cannons each

3x Wave Serpents with 2 Shuriken Cannons each

Crimson Hunter Exarch with 2 Bright Lances

Opponent's list:

Valhallan

Tank Commander - Demolisher Cannon

Company Commander - WLT: Old Grudges (one of my Fire Prisms) - Relic: Bolt pistol, I forget the name

Lord Commisar - Pfist

3x 10 man squads with HWT Heavy Bolter, Vox and Chainsword

3x 10 man squads with HWT Missile Launcher Vox and Chainsword

Platoon Commander - PFist

Command squad - Medic, Banner, Grenade Launcher, Vox

Commisar with powersword

1 HWT Squad with Mortars

3 Leman Russes with Heavy Bolters in the hull

3 Basiliks

3 Chimeras with 2 Heavy Bolters

Game mode: 4 Pillars

Primary: Hold 1, Hold 2, Hold More

My Secondaries:

Bring it down, Engage on all Front and Psychic Ritual

Opponent's Secondaries:

Bring it down, Engage on all Fronts and Abhor the Witch

Deployment:

51190019909_e2d11eb565_b.jpg

Red Squares are LOS blocking terrain, green diamonds are objectives. Apologies for my poor paint skills

51185599205_9bdf2f067e_b.jpg

51184741633_514189a9d2_b.jpg

51183838557_7c3511ae8a_b.jpg

51184740893_ce2c7c9954_b.jpg

I spent 1CP to put the Wraiths in Deepstrike, Warwalkers were also outflanking

My Opponent had the Chimeras filled with a squad with Heavy Bolters each

My forward left Serpent had Avengers and Spiritseer, the middle had the 10 Banshees and the right hand one had the Farseer and the other 10 Avengers

The Game:

I started the game with 10CP (Webway strike and upgrading the Banshees), my opponent  started with 12

I won the roll off and had to go first as we house-rule the GT Mission FAQ to effect all games, including scoring at the end of the turn for the second player. I would have preffered second to be honest as we both had a similar idea in terms of game plan.

My first turn:

I push the left serpent vertically up the board to be in the top quarter still behind LOS blocking terrain, the right serpent to the right of the board still behind LOS but in the right hand quarter and whack the Banshee serpent onto the top left objective. The jet flies straight into the back right corner in front of the basiliks and one Fire Prism shifts slightly to see the Tank Commander. The middle Serpent and the Jet are there to soak the fire and try to force my opponent's hand in what he can shoot as everything else bar one Fire Prism is hidden. The Warlock had jumped out and was hidden behind some barricades with the Rangers.

The only power I cast is Psychic Ritual. I'm a big goof and didn't actually read this Objective properly, the caster MUST be within 6" of the cenre when casting this power. All of the times he casts, he isn't within 6" of the centre. Neither of us realise until the end of the game :teehee: First mistake of the game

The Jet shoots the Tank Commander, first shot of the game gets 6 damage through, all other shots from it miss. The two Fire Prisms Link Fire at the Russ next to the Commander. Second mistake of the game, I only fire these once even though they both had moved under half, I totally forgot that they have the same Rules as the Russ until turn 4 :teehee: They chip 4 wounds off of the Russ

Opponents turn 1

Chimera on the flanks push as far as they can, into the left and right quarters. All Russes trundle forward getting LOS on the middle Serpent. Nothing else moves.

Everything, bar the Mortars, shoots at the middle Serpent with my Banshees in. The Mortars take out 2 Rangers. I pop Lightning Fast on the Wave Serpent  to try to spounge as much as possible. 3 Russes, Tank Commander, 2 Chimeras, 2 HWT with Missile Launchers, 3 Basilisks and lasguns a plenty take 4 wounds from the Serpent. T7, -1 to hit, -1 dmg and 6+ FNP and a little dash of luck. The Basiliks missed all their shots and I made some very clutch saves in the end leaves a very annoyed opponent :biggrin.:

End of Turn 1 score: 0-0

My turn 2

I'm in 3 Quarters The left hand Serpent flies onto the top left Objective, the right hand serpent flies onto the bottom right objective, dumping out the Farseer and Avengers. The jet moves across to the middle of the board, War Walkers pop up in the bottom right of the board, Wraithblades deepstrike in the centre near the centre Russ and the Prisms don't move. I autoadvance the Banshees out of the Serpent and surround one of the two Chimeras that are trading paintwork. The Serpent that was carrying the Banshees moves towards the centre Russ

Psychic, I Guide the Warwalkers and Doom the Tank Commander. Warlock is still cheating and trying to do the ritual :sweat:

The jet takes 3 wounds from the Russ next to the Commander, the Serpents open up on Guardsmen and drop a good few from a backline guard squad. The Fire prisms link fire and finish the Russ next to the Tank Commander (still only firing once each). The Avengers open up and shred the Tank commander from 6 to 1 Wound thanks to Doom, it's then promptly finished by the Singing Spear from the Farseer. The Warwalkers knock the right hand Chimera down to 5 Wounds from 11.

I charge the bottom right Serpent into the damaged Chimera, the WarWalkers fail their charge into the same transport.

The Wraithblades charge the centre Russ as does the Serpent that was carrying the Banshees. As the two Chimeras at the top are in a line touching, I charge my Banshees into them both, just about tagging the top one. Their Serpent also charges the top one. My hope was that I could sheer weight of numbers the power sword attacks to get through, so I put the exploding 6s Strat on them (I forget what it is). Long story short, they do 2 wounds and I also totally forgot that they could do mortal wounds on a successful charge because I upgraded them. The Wraithblades destroy the fresh Leman russ in the centre and consolidate into the last Russ to shut down firepower

The Serpent charges were just to shut down some firepower back.
This turn was especially brutal, leaving my opponent with only one Russ and the Basilisks as their long-range fire power. I scored 15 for the Primary, 6 for Bring it down, and 2 for Engage

Opponent's Turn 2
The two chimeras at the top fall out of combat as I failed to wrap them up properly. Their contents disembarked and were ordered to first rank fire, second rank fire. The right hand Chimera squads jumped out of their transport too, looking at my Dire Avengers and Farseer. An infantry squad was also looking down from a large building just next to the serpent and the Chimera. The Chimera in the right falls back around the Serpent trying to get behind it to contest the objective. The centre Russ falls back it's full 12" from the Wraiths

Shooting from the disembarked guard squad and a Basilisk kills 9 of 10 Avengers, the Mortars kill the Farseer. Missile launchers, lasguns, a Basilisk and a grenade launcher kill 2 Wraiths and the final Basilisk kills a War Walker. The 9 of 10 of the Banshee's killed. As soon as the Avengers started dropping like flies, my opponent realised how quickly he could drop my infantry. Both the Banshee and the Avenger failed their morale. At the end of the turn he had scored 5 for the Primary, 1 for Bring it down, and 3 for Abhor.

End of Turn 2 score: 23-9

My turn 3:
The Warwalker moves up the right flank, the wave serpent on the right stays still to still hold the objective. The Warlock hides in cover to cheat, I mean cast his power again. The middle Wave Serpent that was transporting the Bashees moves into the midst of the infantry line next to the back right objective, the Wraithblades move next to the two Chimeras at the top of the board. The Wave serpent on the left stays on this objective and it's contents jump out, the Avengers right next to the transport and the Spiritseer advances to be closer to the Wraithblades.

I cheat-cast Ritual again and also cast Empower on the Wraithblades from the Spiritseer.

The warwalker does a few wounds to a Basilisk, as does the Jet, knocking one down to 6 and one of the Fire Prisms knocks another one down to 7, I actually remember that I can fire twice with them this round. The other Fire Prism kills the Chimera on the right flank that had tried to get round the side of the Serpent. The Dire Avengers split their fire, 5 into each 10 man Heavy bolter squad at the top (the two that had annihilated the Banshees and I get incredibly lucky on both. Between them they kill 18 Guardsmen leaving only 2 in one squad, they promptly Fire and Fade back into the Serpent :biggrin.:

The Wraithblades charged the Chimeras and didn't wound at all

My opponents Turn 3
The Chimeras stayed in combat, the troop with the heavy bolter that had jumped out of the Chimera last turn surrounded the Serpent on the bottom right objective. The Lord Commisar moved towards the Wraiths and the last Russ stayed still.
The Spiritseer was seen to by the Russ, the Basilisks took 6 wounds off of the Serpent in their backlines, the Guard squad at the bottom took 2 wounds from the Serpent they had surrounded. The Wraithblades lose another one to heavy bolters leaving only 2 left.
The Lord commisar charges the Wraiths and kills one but gets killed back, the characters charge the serpent in his backlines and do no wounds and the bottom right squad charge the serpent and do no wounds.

End of the turn score: 43-19
My Turn 4

Warwalker pushes up towards the Basilisks, the jet moves back towards his deployment, the Wraiths are still in combat as is the Serpent that are in combat with the commanders. Shooting into combat I only kill a few Guardsmen with the Serpent in the bottom right, the Warwalker whiffs as does the Fire Prisms but the jet manages to get one of the Basiliks. I manage to finally kill one of the Chimeras that the Wraiths are in combat with but only just after a reroll of a damage roll

Opponents Turn 4

The Chimera falls back and contests the top left objective, he's still holding his backfield and now the far right objective. The Chracters in combat with the serpent in his backline fall back.

The Basiliks chip more wounds off  the left hand Serpent thats sat on the top left objective leaving it on 4 wounds. The Warlock dies to the Mortars. The Russ finishes the Wraithblades. Nothing else really happens here, we're running out of resources

End of turn 4 score: 60-34

My last turn

My Wave serpent in his backline moves right next to the Basilisks in the back corner, the Fire Prisms Link fire to kill another Basilisk leaving only one left and the jet does one wound to the Russ :rolleyes:. The Warwalker kills a commisar very convincingly. The Serpent in his back field charges the Basilisk to tie it up for his last turn. Which leaves me on a very tidy 70 points total as I only hold one objective, killed a Basilisk and also was in every table quarter.

My opponent's last turn

The only thing of note here is that the Russ kills the last Warwalker. He's holding 2 objectives and contesting a third, is in 3 quarters and killed the walker netting 18 more points.

End score: 70-54

After battle thoughts:

Hats off to my opponent, it was a great game and I loved every minute of it, it helps he's a very good mate of mine and we're both on the same scale of Competitve to fluff -ness. Both armies fully painted and based is such a great feeling and I don't know if I could play without having all of my stuff painted. My mate's Guard army is amazing and he even has pinups on the side of his vehciles. Turn 2 was an absolute corker for me and I thought it was the end of the game for him but Guard really stick in there. He realised what he could kill and gunned it straight for them, Serpents are ridiculously tough

Some poitns for me to learn:

Fire Prisms fire twice

Psychic Ritual means you have to be within 6" of the centre

Banshees suck against tanks

Crimson Hunter Exarch don't seem worth their points, 210 points for a jet that flew about and did some wounds is very meh. I have another list where I swap out the Spiritseer and Jet for Autarch on bike, 3 Shining spears and a squad of Scorpions

I'm not sure on the Fire Prisms, this may just be tainted by only shooting once each for the first 2 turns

Most of the above is down to me not reading my rules properly :biggrin.:

Speaking of Scorpions and Spears:

Still to base the Scorpions:

51189085868_22b7e7b8f9_b.jpg

51189635384_1389607162_b.jpg

51189634394_1708b40a29_b.jpg

Spears are made using Lumineth and old jetbikes. I wanted more of a straight back look for lancers rather than the leaning into look modern bikes have:

51190313915_62b2da6750_b.jpg

51188540567_6ef099e0e2_b.jpg

51189932580_2ff27c17ba_b.jpg

I got the Scorpions based last night and have also got some colours down on 3 of the Spears:

51192201747_0a71f88fdc_b.jpg

51193123023_219dcb256c_b.jpg

51193678584_c4a61240bf_b.jpg

51192907051_2347f681eb_b.jpg

I have a game on Saturday and I'd like to have them done for then, my list will be:

Autarch on Bike

Farseer

Warlock

10 Dire Avengers

10 Dire Avengers

5 Rangers

10 Howling Banshees

5 Wraithblades with axes

5 Striking Scorpions

3 Shining Spears

2 Warwalkers

2 Fire Prisms

3 Wave Serpents

This list essentially cuts out the 2 units from the last list that I felt did the least, the Crimson Hunter especially seemed to not do any damage really. As these are some of the first games of 9th I'm still figuring out what works for me! :sweat:

I started some Wraithblades Sunday night and finished them off last night, they're actually really easy to do with the most time consuming bits being the bloody gems :sweat:

51202887520_a0ccf20712_b.jpg

51202887490_ef96d3b5d8_b.jpg

51202887465_de966cf704_b.jpg

51201822081_e32358185c_b.jpg

Still to finish the bases, but I think it's onto another Wraithlord next :biggrin.:

• 2 weeks later...

Your stuff looks great, keep up the good work.

Thank you Kryczek!

The end of last week saw me cramming to get the Avatar of Khaine finished for a long weekend away of gaming common GW, give us the proper plastic Avatar! I've got to make do with the statue from AoS:

51219230612_aaf2b53b27_h.jpg

51220712049_3fac048856_h.jpg

51220162883_e8a3f81742_h.jpg

51220162758_d18cea9337_h.jpg

51221017785_93bfe3a559_h.jpg

51220162553_2e416df63f_h.jpg

3K of Eldar march to war!

51220163078_66e6d5108f_h.jpg

Nice and easy on the painting front, all I did was:

Retributor gold all over, except the sword, hair and anything going to be silver

2 layers of Reiksland fleshshade on all armour panels

2 layers of Carroburg crimson+nuln oil (50/50) all armour panels

Highlight around the trim in the recesses with Wild Rider Red

Highlight hotter areas with iyanden yellow (I was doing this on corner areas)

And again with Dorn Yellow

Dot with White Scar

Add thinned Nuln oil to the centre of panels to darken where needed

Re-do all the gold trim with Retributor gold

Wash with Drucii Violet

Highlight with Iron breaker

It sounds like a lot but it's nice and easy and the majority of time is waiting for washes to dry

• 8 months later...

*Blows off dust* Wow, I've not touched this thread in a good while!

With the release of Eldritch Omens and the upcoming Codex, the Aeldari Gears are starting to get whiring again.

I got my copy of the Omens box over the weekend and have so far built the Rangers and the Autarch. The new kits are fantastic and give you so many options and extra bits as well as seemingly being totally compatible with other plastic Craftworld kits.

I spent most of last night magnetising the Autarch with as many options as I had the bits for, with some help from the Banshee kit I got everything minus a Fusion Pistol and Wings.

51883250056_e9e132fbca_b.jpg

51883569014_03d4c6eca7_b.jpg

51883902015_88b164bd4b_b.jpg

51883249156_ece1a1792c_b.jpg

51883901155_3cc8d4cc77_b.jpg

51883568099_86beea808b_b.jpg

For those that are wondering, the only issue with the Autarch kit options is that the Spear and Chainsword both have a space missing on the arm for the Forceshield bit and there's only one Forceshield on the sprue. I got around this by cutting up a spare Banshee blade I had and swapping over the chainsword blade.

There's going to be a lot more frequent posting on here in the next few months! :biggrin.:

There's going to be a lot more frequent posting on here in the next few months! :biggrin.:

And we will look forward to seeing what pops up in these posts :thumbsup:  .... 

Nice work on the Autarch :wub:

Mithril

With the release of Eldritch Omens and the upcoming Codex, the Aeldari Gears are starting to get whiring again.

I got my copy of the Omens box over the weekend and have so far built the Rangers and the Autarch. The new kits are fantastic and give you so many options and extra bits as well as seemingly being totally compatible with other plastic Craftworld kits.

I spent most of last night magnetising the Autarch with as many options as I had the bits for, with some help from the Banshee kit I got everything minus a Fusion Pistol and Wings.

51883250056_e9e132fbca_b.jpg

51883569014_03d4c6eca7_b.jpg

51883902015_88b164bd4b_b.jpg

51883249156_ece1a1792c_b.jpg

51883901155_3cc8d4cc77_b.jpg

51883568099_86beea808b_b.jpg

For those that are wondering, the only issue with the Autarch kit options is that the Spear and Chainsword both have a space missing on the arm for the Forceshield bit and there's only one Forceshield on the sprue. I got around this by cutting up a spare Banshee blade I had and swapping over the chainsword blade.

Looks awesome! Can I ask what magnet sizes you used, and which kit the bare head is from?

Thank you! With a handy new Event I can keep my motivation working overtime :wink:

Looks awesome! Can I ask what magnet sizes you used, and which kit the bare head is from?

The Magnets I used are 2x1 on the arms/flag/WJJ and a 2x2 on the body of the model itself. These are strong enough together to hold up even the Missile launcher arm, which is rather hefty. The mounting points on the arms are so thin, for most I don't think you could fit any bigger of a magnet :sweat:

The bare head is a cut an stick job, the hair is from the Howling Banshee kit a bit of greenstuff and one of the unhelmeted heads from the new Rangers kit

These new fangled Rangers are fantastic, these and the bikes have so many extra bits that they never even showed us in the promotional stuff. I'm still in the very early stages at the moment

51886749041_8eca87ca99_b.jpg

51887076849_5d46f1a3fa_b.jpg

Agreed! I was building some the other day and was pleased with the amount of freedom to switch parts around outside the suggested build options in the manual.