A test reveal and future Gravis Armor company

tangoalphatwo

Anyone else even a little disappointed we didn’t get a gravis lieutenant?

I know the primaris lieutenant has become a meme, but I’m super stoked to see a full company or Demi company in gravis. That would include at least 1 lieutenant. Maybe a chaplain, librarian, Techmarine, and apothecary in gravis too?

Anyone think we will get those eventually?

And yes, I’m aware xenos need some love too, I think I’ve been pretty open about my desire for GW to support xenos armies too.

Also, sorry if this isn’t in the right place, and for the misspelling on the title

We'll definitely get versions of most of the characters in Gravis eventually. Unless there's a still-unrevealed version of Mark X that's more comparable to Terminator armor, then Gravis characters will have to be the equivalent of all those iconic sculpts of characters wearing TDA.

It's just that the rollout of filling in the various "Character in [blank] Armor" is apparently planned to last a lot longer than just filling out the bulk of the Primaris rank and file. Which makes sense - how successful would sales be if they just opened the tap and gave us iterations of every character in Gravis, on bikes, and jump-enabled all at the same time? The market can really only bear so much, even if it seems like we're being showered in product (especially this year).

Hell, they are just now - three years after the Primaris line was launched - getting around to filling out the last of the standard Tacticus characters with the Techmarine and that's only if we assume there's not still a Champion on the way. Meanwhile we're only getting one bike character to hang with the Outriders this year and we still haven't seen a jump pack character.

From a business standpoint, spreading the character models out over a longer timeframe makes sense. There's some inconvenience in the meantime but it's not crippling to the army. AND once all the squads are out, they could very well speed up the rate at which we see character models released.