Design your own data-sheet!

Skywrath

So, a thought of a creative exercise occurred today, here it is. Rules are pretty simple: 

1. You are creating a data-sheet for a NYI character/rank/troop type in your chosen faction (such as Wardens in White for the Dark Angels). So Movement, Weapon Skill/Ballistic Skill, type of unit (elite/HQ/heavy), points cost, special rules, keywords, etc. etc. The works, essentially. 

2. The character/rank/troop unit has to be mentioned in previous lore in novelia or is an established choice, who is not dead. Missing characters are acceptable. Example: Corswain for the Dark Angels in the HH books. 

3. Stat-sheets have to balanced with the current 9th edition (so no over the top things such as 2+ invulns, 1+ BS etc). Iron Hands players, I'm looking at you! ;p

4. Be creative, think of interactions with the chosen factions, that would make your faction fun to play on the table-top. 

5. Bonus points go to the people who generate an interest from other players about their created data-sheet.

Depending on interest in this thread, we might turn this into a competition, with the winner of each month subsequently winning an award (which if so, will be implemented later in this thread, and said winner decided by myself/person of my choosing). This section will be updated later.

With this in mind, let's start, shall we!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Prognosticar

Type of Unit: HQ

Faction: Grey Knights

Stat-line: M5, WS2, BS2, S4, T4, W5, A3, LD10, Sv2+

Points value: 120

Keyword: Grey Knights, Character, Imperium, Adeptus Astartes, Psyker, Prognosticar

Abilities:

1. Iron Halo - 4+ invuln.

2. Twists and turns of fate - units within 6" of this model, re-roll either a failed hit roll or a failed wound role, once each turn. 

3. Precognition - on a roll of a 4+ in the shooting/fight phase, each unit within 6" of this model adds +1 to it's saving throws for each time it is chosen to be engaged with. This ability ignores any negative effects (barring armor penetration) for the purposes of resolving a saving throw. This ability does not stack with other abilities that improve the units saving throws. 

4. Master Psyker - this caster has access to two psychic powers, regardless of the of the restrictions of the Dominus and Sanctic discipline. 

5. Burden of the Few - no more than one PROGNOSTICAR can be taken in a list. 

Psyker - This model can attempt to manifest two psychic powers in each friendly Psychic phase, and attempt to deny two psychic powers in each enemy Psychic phase. It knows the Smite psychic power and two psychic powers from the Sanctic or Dominus discipline.

Weaponry:

1. A Prognosticar is a single-model equipped with a Relic Nemesis Warding Stave, a psychic hood, a storm-bolter and aegis power armor. 

- Relic Warding Stave - ST 6, -2AP, 2 damage. 

- Psychic Hood: Add +1 to to the psychic tests undertaken by this model.

Edited by Skywrath

Name: Executioner Sister Squad

Faction: Adeptus Sororitas

Stat Line: M 6" WS 2+ BS 3+ S3 T3 W1 A2 LD9 Sv 3+

Points Value: 115 points

Keywords: Faction: <ORDER>, Faction: Adepta Sororitas, Faction: Adeptus Ministorum, Infantry, Elites, Executioner Sister Squad, Faction: Imperium

Abilities

Storm Shield: 4+ Invuln Save, +1 to Armor Saves.

Rapturous Blows: When resolving an attack made with a melee weapons by a model in this unit, you can re-roll the wound roll.

Aura of Hate: Executioner Sisters gain +1 attack against enemy characters when they charge or are charged.

Weaponry

Executioner Sisters are armed with Relic Blades +1 S AP-3 D2

Hand Flamers

Frag and Krak Grenades

One in Five Executioner may replace their Relic Blades with a Executioner Relic Blade: S +3 AP-2 D3

Edited by General Strike

I am not sure if this is the sort of thing you had in mind, but back mid 8th I made some custom data sheets for a few 30k Mechanicum units for 40k play, as they had no 40k rules, I tried to emulate their 30k rules as best I could with a dash of what felt right. Can post if it is the sort of thing you mean.

I played them in a few games against a local player ranging from 500p to 1000p games and on that scale and for basic missions they seemed ok. Specifically Thallax and Ursarax and a HQ choice centered on Thallax, a Thallax captain so to speak, based on a conversion I did. Example of a small force: 1 HQ, 3 Troop and 1 Fast Attack, around 650p if memory serves: gallery_29932_12734_88929.jpg

I also started working on some other 30k mech units, such as Castellax, Vorax and Thanatar, but did not finish or play them in the test games.

Can we choose a unit that existed in rules but never explicitly existed in lore?

I'm leaning towards no, however I can be persuaded otherwise - what did you have in mind?

Biker Crusader Squads

Decimus, Prophet of the VIII

90 pt.s

M:6, WS:2+, BS: 2+, S:4, T:4, W:5, A:4, Ld:9, Sv:3+

Abilities:

>Death to the False Emperor

>Hateful Assault

>Malicious Volleys

>Prophet of the VIII: Friendly NIGHT LORDS units within 6" of this model re-roll failed hit rolls. In addition, once during each battle round you may re-roll one dice roll.

>Visions of Battle: Decimus has a 4+ invulnerable save. In addition, when you use a strategem, you may roll a d6 and on a 5+ refund your command points.

Weapons:

Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades

Malcharion's Bolter: Rapid Fire 2, R:24", S:4, Ap: -1, D:2

Aurum: Melee, S:+1, Ap:-3, D:2

Keywords would match a standard Chaos Lord with <MARK OF CHAOS> and <LEGION> removed and NIGHT LORDS added as a faction keyword.

Edited by Doom Herald

Let's face it...Uriel Ventris is the baddest

Ultramarine and most likely is your first space marine book hero you read on and salty about that he doesnt have official rules for. Hes legendary. Id say he's on Marneus level but dude is basically a Master Crafted Primaris Cyborg with the most insane plot armor of any character in 40k so I guess he's 2nd to him

Uriel Ventris

M 6"

WS/BS 2+

S/T 4

W 5

A 5

LD 10

Save 2+

Invul 4+

FNP 5+

Angels of Death

Ultramarines stuff

Expert Tactician - Some would say he's codex deviant, some would say he's a codex master and Guilliman says the codex is just the baseline to work from...Uriel and ultramarines infantry within 6" of Uriel Ventris can choose to fall back and shoot or fall back and charge.

Queen Slayer- Uriel Ventris is amongst the very few venerable tyranid hunters to have infiltrated a hive ship and defeated a Norn Queen. His instinctual ability to predict and react to tyranid tactics are supernatural. Hes basically a tyranid whisperer.... Uriel and Ultramarines Infantry, jump infantry and bikers within 6" reroll all failed wounds vs tyranids. Also any ultramarines including Uriel himself always get to Overwatch vs Tyranids beyond normal limits. It costs 1 cp for each unit overwatching except for Uriel who does it for no cost. Also if he is able to heroically intervene and make it into combat he can overwatch fire at the unit he is intervening to.

Brothers of Battle- Uriel Ventris has more experience commanding and fighting side by side with marines of other chapters than any other save but the most Venerable Deathwatch Watch Masters. In matched play, If Uriel Ventris is your warlord and your army includes Space Marine Detachments from other chapters then all detachments with combat doctrines still benefit from their chapter specific bonuses normally restricted to mono-chapter armies

Weapons-

Sword of Ideas- str +1 ap-3 dmg 2. Unmodified wound rolls of 6 inflict 1 mortal wound in addition to normal damage.

M.C. Assault Bolter assault 3 str 4 ap -2 dmg 2

Frag and krak grenades

Edited by Brother Tyler
Profanity removed

I'll let yall decide what points or power level Uriel should be. In my eyes hes at Lias Issodon level of utility and strength. So I was thinking around 130 to 140 since he doesn't have the chapter master buff.

Of course the Brothers in Battle is super strong but its definitely fluffy for him being able to command the most motley of crews unmatched by any other space marine commander.

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Jarl Caldersson
Faction: Allfathers Einherjar (Primaris successor chapter)
Stat Line: M 6" WS 2+ BS 2+ S5 T5 W7 A7 LD9 Sv 3+
Points Value: ??? points (was thinking 175 pts)
Faction Keywords: Imperium, Adeptus Astartes, Allfathers Einherjar
Keywords: Character, Infantry, Primaris, Chapter Master, Jarl Caldersson

Weaponry
Heavy Bolt Pistol (12", Pistol 1, S:4, AP:-1, D:1)
Svikara (Melee, Melee, S:+3, AP:-3, D:3)
Skjálfa (Melee, Melee,  S:+1, AP:-2, D:2, When resolving an attack with this weapon an unmodified hit of 6 inflicts 1 mortal wound)

Abilities
Angels of Death (see codex Space Marine)

Skjaldborg: Provides the wearer with a 3+ invulnerable save, additionally units within 6" within of this unit (beside Jarl Caldersson) and have Storm Shield can re-roll 1 failed invulnerability save.

War Path: You can re-roll failed charge rolls for friendly ALLFATHER EINHERJAR units (other than vehicles units) if they are within 6" of this model.

Jarl of Helheim: You can re-roll wound rolls of 1 for friendly ALLFATHER EINHERJAR units within 6" of this unit

Weapon of Choice: This unit can only attack with Svikara or Skjálfa each attack phase

So wanted to do this for awhile now. I am trying to make a balanced hero between Guilliman, Logan Grimnar, and Ragnar. The model is almost primarch sized.

I  am totally unsure on the points, Logan is 150pts, Ragnar is 125pts, and I am unsure about Guiliman.

I wanted Svikara to be a heavy hitting weapon, while Skjálfa was designed to be a horde killer. I gave him a rule to ensure he can only use 1 each attack phase as a means to balance it.

War Path and Jarl of Helheim are straight lifted from Ragnar.

Skjaldborg actually means Shield Wall, so I wanted it not only be a superior Storm Shield but also benefit other units but not himself. This might be OP.

A head above: This unit take up 2 spaces in any viable transport.

Edit:whoops accidently posted early

Edited by Jarl Caldersson

Name: Feudal Guard Squad

Type of Unit: Troop

Faction: Imperial Guard, Imperium

Statline: M6, 5+ BS, 4+ WS, S2, T2, W1, A3, Sv 6+

Point Value (10): 10

Keywords: Astra Millitarium, Troops, Imperium, Feudal Guard

Weaponry:

Autogun (Range 24, Rapid Fire 1, S3, Damage 1)

Laslock (Range 15, Assault 1, S3, Damage 1) (No rule can make it fire more than once) (Laslocks are free)

I have created the ULTIMATE CANNON FODDER-