Blood Angels desert camouflage

apologist

Assistance required, fraters. I've got a vision in my head of an image from Rogue Trader or early second edition. It's a model photograph; a Blood Angels marine – possibly mark VIII Errant armour – in desert camouflage.

The colours are drab: sand yellow and brown. 

Does this ring a bell for anyone? I've been searching for ages, and can't find it – starting to wonder if I've got it mixed up with something else.

I ask as I'm planning to use the scheme for my scouts' fatigues:

d.jpg

Edited by apologist

I do recall seeing some in a dappled desert scheme a couple of times. There was a rt era captain made from the original beakie box painted like that, and an army on the back page of a wd which had a squad painted that way. There was a thunderhawk in the background too. Almost leopard-like pattern I think.

Slightly off topic, but sometimes I think about how all SM (and most forces actually) use adaptive camouflage so their armor auto changes to reflect the environment around them. The brightly colored versions we all know is more of their dress or parade colors, but since its a tabletop game, the colors look better and are more representative of the glowing symbols on a strategium board rather than an actual realistic representation of what's going on. 

<shrug>

Just an idea. 

Slightly off topic, but sometimes I think about how all SM (and most forces actually) use adaptive camouflage so their armor auto changes to reflect the environment around them. The brightly colored versions we all know is more of their dress or parade colors, but since its a tabletop game, the colors look better and are more representative of the glowing symbols on a strategium board rather than an actual realistic representation of what's going on. 

<shrug>

Just an idea. 

So 99% of Space Marines don't actually use camo. The Raptors are probably the most notable exception.

They have pride in their colours and they want the enemy to see them, to fear them, to panic at the sight of the Emperor's Angels of Death.

To not wear your colours is to fear what the enemy might do if they see you, and marines do not know fear.

Additionally; the RT camo schemes are cool but a bit jank and from a time before the lore was settled on the above... 

Then you have the exception of the Badab war books. Well, in that case it was fighting other Astartes. They *won't* fear you, so employing camo to get the tactical edge is logical ;)

Thinking about it, I do recall seeing some camo patterns on Scout fatigues (and cloaks) maybe back in third?

As for Indy's tangent, my Vindicare is painting in urban camo. The amount of times I forget about it (especially on Apocalypse boards)... :blush.: