Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Flying 15th - Raptors

Raptors Chaptor Conversions

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

War of the Eagle

War of the Eagle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts
I have a few squads of my Raptors already done but here are ny current projects.

Raptors seam fairly popular and I was even inspired to start my own from seeing quite a few raptors armys online. Something about that semi grounded aesthetic on space super soilders just seams right.

My backstory for my Raptors army is they are the 15th battle company with an overall focus on air imsersion and air support.

LaU5Zl.jpg

yPwy2X.jpg

Rduzp0.jpg

This is my Stormtalon conversion to look more like a attack hellicoptor. Not original but i think it turned out well.

PlmENS.jpg

gamsqj.jpg

This is my counts as Deredeo Dreadnought conversion. Its a tad tall but people I play with dont care if its modeling for disadvantage.

pWiMz4.jpg

nrz4yw.jpg

G3ZHEr.jpg

Some more units Im working on.

Hz4moX.jpg

Finally here is some of my finished units so you can see what the rest of my WIP units will look like.

Edited by War of the Eagle, 16 September 2020 - 02:22 AM.

• Bjorn Firewalker, Llagos_Tyrant, Ryltar Thamior and 1 other like this

Llagos_Tyrant

Llagos_Tyrant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 460 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

You've got some cool conversions in here! Great work and welcome to the forum!

For the thread, I think it would help readers if you could embed the links into your posts. You can do this by either clicking the Image icon when posting, and pasting the URL into the popup box, or alternatively, you can frame the URL with the code tags (img) and (/img) - replacing the round brackets with square brackets to display a picture in your post. I hope this helps.

Again, great work so far and welcome! Interested to see more work of yours in the future!

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_16308_20607.pnggallery_48988_15094_11545.pnggallery_48988_15094_13336.png

Iron Warriors//VIIth Grand Battalion: Liber Index

Hobby on Instagram at @GrimDarkHobby

War of the Eagle

War of the Eagle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

You've got some cool conversions in here! Great work and welcome to the forum!

For the thread, I think it would help readers if you could embed the links into your posts. You can do this by either clicking the Image icon when posting, and pasting the URL into the popup box, or alternatively, you can frame the URL with the code tags (img) and (/img) - replacing the round brackets with square brackets to display a picture in your post. I hope this helps.

Again, great work so far and welcome! Interested to see more work of yours in the future!

Yup sorry i finally figured it out. Doing it on my phone so was having trouble. And thanks!

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,491 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
I applaud your efforts. I doubt the attack helicopter makes sense for Space Marines, as the term implies they often fight in the vacuum of space, where rotors and propellers will be useless; but if you want to make your own Airwolf or Blue Thunder, you deserve respect for what you showed those classics.

I love your Deredeo Dreadnoughts, though.
  • Juggernut likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

War of the Eagle

War of the Eagle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

I applaud your efforts. I doubt the attack helicopter makes sense for Space Marines, as the term implies they often fight in the vacuum of space, where rotors and propellers will be useless; but if you want to make your own Airwolf or Blue Thunder, you deserve respect for what you showed those classics.

I love your Deredeo Dreadnoughts, though.

Thanks very much for the encouragement! I have had a few people confused by my Space marine helicopter.

Almost all my conversions stem from not only wanting my army to feel unique, but generally from a personal dislike for an aesthetic of a model.

The in the case of the storm talon I hate how squashed it looks so I sought a way to improve that. I could have elongated it and left the rotor off but at that point it looked like a helicoptor anyway so I just leaned into it.

For the Deredeo I just hate the overall body shape so I had to use a different body.

Yosef Hausakluif

Yosef Hausakluif

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 574 posts
  • Faction: Too many to list!
Very cool conversions. Model away and if you enjoy it or love the aesthetic; than go for it.

War of the Eagle

War of the Eagle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts
PcfFmx.jpg

Working on my Fire Raptor. Not the best when it comes to working with resin but I think it will make a nice center piece.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Raptors Chaptor, Conversions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users