Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

warhead01 - Primaris Blood Angels project

Primaris Blood Angels Blood Angels blog

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
  • Faction: The Deleted.

Hey brother, great news and I'm happy for you! biggrin.png
Your final score is really not bad considering SoBs are among the top armies out there and the fact that your list was pretty vehicle heavy, which imo works to their advantage as they can put meltas on almost unit they bring. Few bad dice always happen, so they just need to be factored in.

I'm curious to hear how do you find the Suppressors in your list? From my experience, a unit of 3 tends to be swingy. I personally had better success with 2x3 or 1x5. 

Your right about that. He had several Multimeltas and had he played them right up the center I would have been in a lot more trouble than I was. He was worried about me Gladiator and Redemptors, which I had deployed near each other. I think he thought to take them all out early, which he basically did given his move and shoot abilities. His order was very fast on the table. 
I like the suppressors for their long range. They are squishy but we do the best we can with that.  I plan in the future to leave them on one flank to shoot inward to the center or past to far targets I had briefly thought about adding 3 fire strike turrets with their autocannons and just walk them on the side for the same reason but they cost far too many points and have less movement possibilities. My new list will field 2 squads of Suppressors, just to give my idea a try. In the game I made a push up my right side turning his left flank but needed more units in that area to hold my gains which I ended up throwing away by getting too far ahead of myself. My Blade Guard were too bold and it ended badly for them. 

We've collectively been talking about the storm speeders and which ones to field and I am starting to regret not building my two as Hailstrikes. I am firmly in the camp of AP-1 and lots of shots as opposed to the high damage the other two put out which are less versatile in a more tac minded list.   Granted you nearly get two ATV's per storm speeder, it's difficult to say which is a better choice there just now as I still haven't any ATV's. (Christmas is coming? whistling.gif )

My games will usually be an uphill battle against my friend he tends to run as much cheese as he can and has a habit of building his army after he see's mine. So I just have to work harder, which is fine as long as I have a decent showing.  Funny enough the few times I have faced him at tournaments over the years I fair much better against him. Gee, I wonder why... biggrin.png 

I have to thank all of you here as well you've all been a lot of help and I appreciate the encouragement. 

• Majkhel likes this

uberwolve 15/01/03 - 6/18/17  username replaced 

http://warhead01.blogspot.com/
Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts

Update.

My second Impulsor arrived yesterday. I've hardly gotten started on the assembly but hope to have that accomplished some time this afternoon if I have nothing else going on. 
If all works out I'll even be able to get primer on it and who knows maybe a basecoat. 

I woke very early thinking about Chainswords and how many attacks and all that kind of thing. Not the worst thoughts to have in the morning.  

Last night I managed to clip another hand flamer from some left over death company bitz I found in my bitz box. I've already set one up on an assault intercessor I'm thinking about giving this one to a Intercessor Sgt and a power fist as well, also from the Death company set. I may need to round up a few more Sgt's to have set up a few different ways. At least 1 more for sure, with a power sword. 
My Sanguniary guard project has stalled out. Just going to set that aside until I more interest in it.  
Not a lot else going on.

Pictures again after this Impulsor is finished.  
We'll I could post some terrain pictures in the near future I have several, we'll. I need to spray seal some of this terrain to protect it too. 

The slaughter continues.

Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

Kryczek

Kryczek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts

That terrain is a massive improvement.  Also kudos on the army, it looks crak'n.

• Warhead01 likes this

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts

Thank you! 

Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

Leonaides

Leonaides

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,936 posts
"he tends to run as much cheese as he can and has a habit of building his army after he see's mine"

Oh, one of those...

That silliness can stop right now. He can bring 2 or 3 premade lists if he really feels the need, but does not get to make a list after seeing your list any more. I could beat almost anyone if I get to see their list first and get the chance to custom design mine to counter theirs and then assemble the table/terrain to suit me, not them..
  • Warhead01 and Majkhel like this

"most gamers (especially ones who frequent forums) are idiots of one form or another" Great Crusade 08

LPC 2009 LPC 2010  LPC 2011 LPC 2012 LPC 2013 ETL VII LPC 20 
gallery_19254_8784_1046.gifgallery_19254_8784_3201.gif gallery_19254_8784_3710.gifgallery_19254_8523_59626.jpggallery_48988_15465_15162.png

Majkhel

Majkhel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,801 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
My thoughts reflect those of Leonaides.

You might try to surprise him by taking a different type of list. As marines we fortunately can pull different tricks.
I would seriously consider beefing up Bladeguard squad, especially if you want to take Impulsor. A Sanguinary Priest will also make really nice things for them.
And even our shooty units can wreak havoc in melee once in assault doctrine.
  • Warhead01 likes this

WIP thread - Blood Angels 5th Company "Daemonbanes"  ||   Other things&projects
gallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_62972_14467_3723.jpgsml_gallery_48988_16308_8698.pnggallery_105306_14812_3271.pnggallery_105306_14812_1034.pnggallery_105306_14812_1799.gifgallery_105306_14812_2682.gifsml_gallery_48988_11572_5890.pngsml_gallery_48988_16024_10350.pnggallery_48988_15094_3577.pnggallery_48988_15094_5099.png

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." ~W. Churchill

Spoiler

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts

Sorry for the delay, I took some time away from things for a few days. 

So, about my friend. 
I agree! I have done all of that for years. I'm not actually mad about it, it's just how he is and he can't seem to change. My most recent comments about the cheese were more pointed at the layers and layers of abilities built into the Sisters of Battle and the order he picked to play. the previous list had all that strong shooting and fast difficult to kill big models this was much more fun to play against even if it hit really hard.  I know he is, even as I type this, working on his next idea for a list he feels will be competitive at the next tournament he plans to attend. I will again gently remind him to have his list ready ahead of time. knowing that I am bringing my BA's should be enough really. 
I've just been taking 1 list and set of models just to make it easy on me, I just don't feel like dragging out my entire collection. 
Now that I've got the terrain issue more or less sorted out I definitely need to work on game play. My list was more than adequate for that last game but I will make a few adjustments. 
The big thing I need to do is learn how to play the units I take and also ...not be such a bone head. 
Looking back there were a lot of things I would have liked to do a bit differently that I had in mind for my list but it did fall apart when I started to worry too much about killing his units/models.  Still feels like I am trying too hard on the secondary objectives and might want a better third objective. I am taking table quarters and killing his units and took,?, I think it's called stranglehold. This last one requires too much work. too much time and energy clearing off objectives and holding them while maintaining my own.  But I do feel like a lot of progress has been made so far this year. 
My dice were unkind. I was rolling my B&C dice so ..beware.teehee.gif 

Update.
Nearly finished with the second Impulsor still have to base it and a little this and that left to do. 
I'm thinking about adding the yellow to all my plasma weapons. I really like how you all have done that. Looks really good. 
I think I have about 15 Hell blasters left to paint, even if I never use them. 
Really wish they had a primaris unit with the Bodyguard keyword, Company veterans are very tempting to exploit that bit of rule..to frustrate my friend a bit. biggrin.png 
Pictures of stuff in a few days.
I'll be starting my next version of my last list in a week or what ever can't get out for a game until next month.

Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts

Update.

All the yellow finished up. 
 med_gallery_3442_16212_45220.jpg

And another Sgt.
med_gallery_3442_16212_213179.jpg

• librisrouge, Spyros and Majkhel like this

Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

Majkhel

Majkhel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,801 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Nice! I always liked yellow tips on barrels. Even more if they have black flames design on them as well, but I'm not teasing you :P
I like the punching-in-the-ribs pose of the sarge.

• Warhead01 likes this

WIP thread - Blood Angels 5th Company "Daemonbanes"  ||   Other things&projects
gallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_62972_14467_3723.jpgsml_gallery_48988_16308_8698.pnggallery_105306_14812_3271.pnggallery_105306_14812_1034.pnggallery_105306_14812_1799.gifgallery_105306_14812_2682.gifsml_gallery_48988_11572_5890.pngsml_gallery_48988_16024_10350.pnggallery_48988_15094_3577.pnggallery_48988_15094_5099.png

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." ~W. Churchill

Spoiler

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts

Nice! I always liked yellow tips on barrels. Even more if they have black flames design on them as well, but I'm not teasing you tongue.png
I like the punching-in-the-ribs pose of the sarge.

Ya, those black flames were cool. a good incentive not to paint more than two or three in total. biggrin.png 
I had thought about giving it ago on one of the larger ones but... not today! 

Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts

Update.
Not much of and update today. I've set out 5 hellblasters to repaint from the left overs. Still have another Primaris Captain I can paint but I will need to rearm him before I do that. 
Some kind of Bolter + Power sword setup. 
Had to order another bottle of Vallejo Cavalry brown. My first one is nearly empty and what funny is I bought that as part of the Model Paints set, the big one, in maybe 2011. 

I'm trying to decide what I want to add next. but will think on that for a while first. 
Almost tempted with 3 more Blade guard vets. Not sure if I should buy the "new kit" or the previous set, the one I already have. 

Oh, I also just found I had a frame full of easy to build Reivers, all three models. So I plan to try to turn one into an LT and another into a Squad Medic for the Infiltrators and maybe I can squeeze an extra Sgt out of that for them as well. Not sure if I need one or not.  

Getting this back log dealt with is a good feeling even if I end up with a lot of extra I am not even sure I care about. When it's all said and done I think I will down size  and try to part with what ever I decide is extra. No clue what that is in this case, maybe nothing. 

Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts

Update.

Just for fun.  So, we've seen that LTD Sgt previewed the other day. At first I really liked it. Later I liked it a bit less. As far as being a St goes I feel it is lacking something it needs to really look right but I am not really sure just what it's missing. 
After skimming my left over Assault Intercessors, the push togethers. I found the bits. 
The build may have taken about 10 to 15 minuets at most. I decided to make him just another squad guy but with a Plasma pistol.  
The bulk of the work was trimming off the hand from a plasma pistol and cutting the wrist of the right hand to realign the aim of that pistol, right off the sprue it would have been canted too far to the right and looked very awkward.  Lastly I rolled out a glob of green stuff and plopped it down for his rock of power under his left foot. 
This is fairly close to that new Sgt. model but not exactly as good. The Sgt's army are less rigid and his legs to boots are tilted more correctly to let his feet stand flat, unlike the assault intercessor I used. But it is fairly close. 
I mostly did this because someone mentioned how to them the new Sgt with decorative base reminded them of the original DOOM box art. (I do love me some DOOM though not recently. ) 
I see these push together Assault Intercessors all over Ebay for just around the 20.00 usd range, a bit more really but there abouts. So now this guy costs not 250+ but about 4 or 5 dollars or what ever.  Again I just really liked that model and thought I bet I can do that. And you can too! teehee.gif 
I had wished to give him a hand flamer but I only had the two. Plasma was a strong second.

wip - new guy.

gallery_3442_16212_115250.jpg

It's not as clean as the official GW model but I feel it will pass from about 2 to 3 feet away. 
Probably more to do but he's table ready, good enough for now.
Also working on 5 hell blasters, that eradicator and a Sgt. 

Edited by Warhead01, 26 September 2021 - 06:14 AM.

• Spyros likes this

Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts

Update.

Last round of painted miniatures.

https://warhead01.bl...ood-angels.html

20210928_122703.jpg  20210928_122731.jpg 20210928_122642.jpg

20210928_122619.jpg

That's it for now.

• librisrouge, Majkhel, Rhavien and 1 other like this

Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts

Update.
The Hammerfall bunker is table ready now. 

med_gallery_3442_16212_196664.jpg

It's ugly but it could be worse I think. I've been using the phrase table ready instead of finished on a lot of my stuff because I feel that at some point I will want to go back and revisit each unit and do more. I've been thinking about heavy oil washes but I recall that being a lot of work. I have the oil pain but need the spirits and the motivation, 
Maybe next year. 

I'm working on my IG project right now and making more terrain, don't yet know what's next for the Blood Angels. 

• Bjorn Firewalker, Jolemai and Majkhel like this

Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,637 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Fine work on the bunker.
  • Warhead01 likes this
Previous projects: Wolves of Catachan (the Wolfbrothers Chapter reborn), Steel Crusaders (Codex: Iron Hands), Iron-hearted Angels (Codex: Blood Angels supplement).

Current projects: Knights of Renaissance (Star Wars: The Force Awakens Marines), Grim Knights of Grimm Nights (Red vs. Blue Marines).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Primaris Blood Angels, Blood Angels blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users