Core Units - Huge Change

Valerian

I think this will a minor nerf for us, but we came out the best among all the Marines. +1 to hit means we might as well have a monopoly on (now) old school Smash Captains.

Nominally this will encourage bare bones HQs, but we can still load up and drop the hammer. St. Ragnar is right, we (for now) have several "reroll melee hits" stratagems that are cheap and suddenly super useful.

My biggest concern is what happens to Bjorn and Arjac. Bjorn I'm wondering if he will count as a Wolf Lord. Arjac I wonder if his +1 attack for Wolf Guard will still effect him, probably by oversight.

I dont know if it was mentioned before by anyone in here but in fb they wrote that helfrost cannon and fenrisian great axe is 3+D3 damage and bjorn's movement went down to 6 inches. They mentioned that this info came from a reboxed dread kit. 

Edited by lonewolf81

I dont know if it was mentioned before by anyone in here but in fb they wrote that helfrost cannon and fenrisian great axe is 3+D3 damage and bjorn's movement went down to 6 inches. They mentioned that this info came from a reboxed dread kit.

Do you have a photo of the re-box we can go over? I would be surprised that they would show the stats of the character version a box can make in those.

Changing the dread melee weapons from d6 to 3+d3 makes a ton of sense, so I hope that is accurate. This would make Bjorn into a solid killer of damn near everything, even with losing the reroll. They still need to make all dreads get a 2+ base save.

My biggest concern is what happens to Bjorn and Arjac. Bjorn I'm wondering if he will count as a Wolf Lord. Arjac I wonder if his +1 attack for Wolf Guard will still effect him, probably by oversight.

Bjorn id expect to be just like a wolf lord/captain and do re-roll 1s for core units.

Arjac- Reroll 1 on wounds like a lieutenant (so only core), +1 attack to anything with a wolf/blade guard keyword (and he ends up with neither so doesnt affect himself)

Bjorn is a weird case I'm not sure if he would be the detachments Jarl or not. IMO he probably is the only character that could "inspire" our other characters so well it's likely he only effects core I think it's possible he has a better aura than most.

I really wish they'd given us a list of core units just to start getting use to the change. Plus it would give us an ideal of how big of an effect it will have.

Bjorn is a weird case I'm not sure if he would be the detachments Jarl or not. IMO he probably is the only character that could "inspire" our other characters so well it's likely he only effects core I think it's possible he has a better aura than most.

I really wish they'd given us a list of core units just to start getting use to the change. Plus it would give us an ideal of how big of an effect it will have.

He doesnt have the wolflord keyword or Belt of Russ so I think he could be our to circumvent the one captain rule

Thematically hes not a Lord hes just really old and choc full of sage advice

Arjac remains strong, he has a special rule to reroll 1's against characters and there is always a strat for reroll wounds. I'm sure the plus one attack will still apply to him, it is a totally separate thing from rerolling ones to hit. What a boss.

I agree his anti-character buff (being personal) should remain unchanged (although with TH getting boosted to D4, hopefully his will change to d3+1). His WG buff will likely get an additional qualifier of non-character or "other WG" units. GW seemed pretty clear they didn't want "leadership" buffs to affect characters, especially  themselves.

Edited by Gherrick

Do you have a photo of the re-box we can go over? I would be surprised that they would show the stats of the character version a box can make in those.

I dont have the photos but i saw them and looks like the guy in the fb was solid. Those "reboxed" datashets have many errors but the D3+3 is a great buff for helfrost and the axe if true and not a typo. The wulfen dread and murderfang still move 8" :smile.:

PS: The datasheet i am dying to see is the stormfang now with the new rules for flyers and reserves (come in turn 2 without taking any damage turn 1) plus the new weapon profiles its gonna be brutal 

Edited by lonewolf81