Codex: Space Marines - New Art

Joe

119733746_2750978708556084_4270978875297

Another new art piece thrown up on Facebook today - there's some really nice representation going on for non-First Founding chapters. Revilers, Dark Hunters, Red Scorpions, Lamenters, Carcharadons, Fire Lords, Exorcists, the Sons of Orar and so on all have an appearance, be it in character or heraldic art.

It may be wishful thinking, but I hope this is a sign that we'll see some more love for non-First Founding chapters in the new codex, be it through Crusade or otherwise.

Images and icons also depict the Iron Lords (I always loved their heraldry), Novamarines, Iron Knights, Mentors, Hawk Lords (I think? Can’t really see the colors, so it’s hard to tell), the Red Talons or Brazen Claws and the Astral Knights White Templars...

Lots of great representation here for successors!

+Edit: the one in the bottom left I am really unsure of. That skull looks like the Silver Skulls’, doesn’t it?

Edited by Spinsanity

So, those Carcharodon shark fin designs are canon now? That's kinda unfortunate imo, I've always frowned upon seeing those on models.

That said, I've been in love with the artstyle ever since they showed it off on WarCom! Glad to see more of it.

Crimson Fists are a successor Chapter, but they have unique Chapter Traits. Maybe some other successor Chapters will get the same treatment.

In the chapter tactics page of the new book (visible on the preview vid) you can see flesh tearers, crimson fists, and the first founding chapters. Flesh tearers are the only new one I think.

Crimson Fists are a successor Chapter, but they have unique Chapter Traits. Maybe some other successor Chapters will get the same treatment.

In the chapter tactics page of the new book (visible on the preview vid) you can see flesh tearers, crimson fists, and the first founding chapters. Flesh tearers are the only new one I think.

They were in the Baal PA weren't they?