1000 point Bloody Rose starter army

TheFinnishMarine

Hi all.

I've always wanted a Sisters army, finally took the plunge and bought the Codex and a squad of Battle Sisters. Thinking of a new army and wanted some feedback, primarily to be sure not to buy anything useless :p. Not meant to be competitive, just to have some fun. Also made on mobile so formatting might be weird.

Battalion (Bloody Rose)

HQ: Celestine 170 Warlord

HQ: Canoness, bolt pistol, chainsword, relic: The Benefience 50

Troops: Battle Sister squad, chainsword 55

Elites: Repentia x9 135

Elites: Repentia x8 120

Elites: Zephyrim x10, Pendant 205

Transport: Rhino 78

Transport: Rhino 78

Plan is to put the Repentia in the Rhinos, deep strike the Zephyrim and Celestine. The Canoness rides with one of the Repentia. BSS hold objectives (or at least try to). The list is 1 point over 1000, but I think most will be okay at playing against it.

Main questions are, is 10 Zephyrim too much of a point investment in 1k. I know I am lacking in anti-tank, would it be worth it changing a unit of repentia for some anti tank? Thanks.

Zephyrim has actually come out as one of the biggest winners of 9e. If you add 1 to melee wound rolls with Tear them Down and use the melee re-roll ability. The wound 5s at worse with a full re-roll, have invul. of 4+ plus bringing along an imagifier buffs them again. or adding in the extra attack and AP from the Bloody Rose Conviction with a Missionary too if there's room. They balance back into game with the Auto-charge out of deep strike on Act of Faith.

Check out Goonhammer's article here, it really helped me get a handle on 9e: https://www.goonhammer.com/start-competing-sisters-of-battle-tactics/

As far as anti-tank goes, you could cut one Rhino and Repentia and for Retributors w/ Heavy Weapons, or a few units of  Seraphim with inferno pistols.

Edited by summercampcrush

If you can get them where they need to be Repentia are the best anti tank you can get. Even without buffs they take down most simple vehicles. Buffed by Strat, missionary and imagifier, nothing survives. I haven't tried zephyrim yet, but with the changes to powerswords they are looking to be very good. Only problem I can see is that in the 1000 point list you might have to commit them early for objective grabbing with is not their best use.